• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come on Estoppel!!!!

Hooray! Congrats! We have two trips booked on two contracts. First trip on our membership is in September. Then NYE! As Mater says on RSR "It's gonna be fuu..uuuun."
Just a matter of time before this contract gains a sibling... I have a strange feeling we're going to get that dreaded "addonitis" disease.:tongue:

Just a matter of time before this contract gains a sibling... I have a strange feeling we're going to get that dreaded "addonitis" disease.:tongue:

As soon as we closed (as in before getting the member #), DW started going on about who we're going to bring on future trips. I immediately started looking for more points. I can't wait to pay these dues next year.o_O

Call the title co. Do you know who your rep is there? I had the same title Co. Took a little longer than some of my fellow DISers that were ROFRd at the same time.

No idea who our rep is at American Title. The last e-mail from the sales associate said we would get an e-mail between June 25th and July 3rd that would include our closing docs. I realize it's a day prior to that, but seeing others receive their docs in 2 weeks gave me some hope of receiving them early.

Meh, what's another couple of days at this point.

No idea who our rep is at American Title. The last e-mail from the sales associate said we would get an e-mail between June 25th and July 3rd that would include our closing docs. I realize it's a day prior to that, but seeing others receive their docs in 2 weeks gave me some hope of receiving them early.

Meh, what's another couple of days at this point.
Good luck & hopefully they get it to you within that time frame. Keep us posted.:o

VGC 160 sent 5/25 passed ROFR 6/17
Waiting, waiting on estoppel (whatever exactly that is). I figure the longer it takes at least I have that cash making some (albeit small) interest in the bank. :tongue: The thought keeps me from getting too anxious. I'm excited to start planning my 1st vaca as an owner.

Received the closing docs today. 26 days since we passed ROFR. We'll review, sign, and send the paperwork and check on Friday.
Tardis... I am soo confused... Thought you had a VWL property... My mistake... Hopefully you close on your property soon. We received our member # about 2 1/2 weeks after we returned our contract w/ payment to First American...

Last edited:
BWV 100 points - passed ROFR July 1st and received closing documents at end of day on the 15th (a Friday). Two of four documents with address information were incorrect and had to be redone. Everything sorted, signed and money transferred on July 18th. Now on to the next wait. That was a tough weekend waiting to hear back on the corrections.

I have been reading through but there are widely varying wait times for estoppel. We are on day 15 now since passing ROFR. What is the average?

Submitted 8/4
Passed ROFR 8/15 (Yes, crazy fast)

I have been reading through but there are widely varying wait times for estoppel. We are on day 15 now since passing ROFR. What is the average?

Submitted 8/4
Passed ROFR 8/15 (Yes, crazy fast)

I don't know that there is an average wait. As you noted, the times seem to be all over the place. In general, it seems to take about 2 weeks from passong ROFR to getting closing docs. We took another 2 weeks to close after getting the docs. Good luck with the wiat.

I sent my offer on 7/14.
It passed ROFR on 8/8.
Completed estoppel on 8/29.

Just over 6 weeks from offer to closing documents - 3 weeks to the day from ROFR to the completion of estoppel.

Submitted for ROFR 8/8
Passed ROFR 8/26

Now just waiting. First American is my title company as well. Closing is estimated as 10/3.

Submitted for ROFR 8/16
Passed ROFR 9/6
Working with DVC Resale and the title company is Magic Vacation Title.

Now the wait continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter