Come On, Drink the Fart! DIS Mega Meet July 2016 TR *NEW TR LINK 2/5

Sounds like a fantastic evening at DHS! It must've been so nice to be able to do all those rides TOGETHER!

It's cool that you got to try out the new TSMM track, and even better that you got a bonus FP out of it!

Sounds like you had a fantastic night at DHS! I bet it's different riding together and not having to use rider swap. Nice for a change! How fun for your son to see the Lightning McQ's pictures around the World. Great idea!

Joining in!! <3 So crazy how foreign a trip WITHOUT the kids sounds, now!! But it sounds amazing. I remember that about them being sick, what a terrible start but the room is beautiful at the Contemporary! What sort of discount did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds like an awesome start!!

Joining in - definitely interesting to hear your take on the weekend (especially since I know you guys got to a number of the smaller events)

So sorry about the challenges with the kids being sick - hope that the did ok while you were goin and no major issues

That is so great you were able to take advantage of the great rates at the contemporary ... I fully agree with you about those sinks!

Looks like a good time at Beaches & Cream - are the bar seats ADRs as well or was that just the wait for standby for them? Those desserts look amazing!

Seems like a fun and productive evening at DHS. It's amazing how some people really do flip out when there is a delay or something goes wrong - but good job keeping your cool! nice that they gave out those FPs though

Great pictures of the outside of ToT!

Sorry you didn't like the Star Wars show better. We really liked it - not sure if have the reserved viewing area helped a bit though ... just really liked feeling like we were "in" the show with all the lazer lights and then hearing Darth Vader's breathing all around you, etc. Do agree about the Fireworks being off to the side takes away from it a bit

They ended up being fine, DS was more upset about not being able to swim for two weeks!

You know, I'm not sure about the bar seats. Maybe they save those for walk ups? Because while we had an ADR, we were told we couldn't be seated early unless we didn't mind sitting at the bar. And a couple of single people came and sat near us at the bar during the time we were there.

I guess you never know what other people have been dealing with all day. But I can't see how flipping out is going to solve anything. If you want to leave the line because it's taking too long for you, by all means. There's just no reason to flip out on CMs though when it's something outside of their control.

Viewing location probably had a lot to do with it. We just kind of wandered up and took what was available without really "staking out" an ideal spot. And I probably didn't love it as much just because I'm not really a Star Wars fan either, although I did really enjoy the fireworks show that they had before this show started.

Sounds like a fantastic evening at DHS! It must've been so nice to be able to do all those rides TOGETHER!

It's cool that you got to try out the new TSMM track, and even better that you got a bonus FP out of it!

It was SO nice being able to keep each other company in the queues and ride together for a change. Even when we go with family that can keep an eye on the kids, it doesn't seem to happen often!

Waiting out the issues at TSM turned out to be a great choice!

Sounds like you had a fantastic night at DHS! I bet it's different riding together and not having to use rider swap. Nice for a change! How fun for your son to see the Lightning McQ's pictures around the World. Great idea!

It was definitely nice being able to hang out together in the queues instead of being in them along, and being able to ride together for a change! DS really loved seeing all of the pictures we sent him of Lightning! It was a great way to actually get him to talk to us on the phone, because he usually refuses. lol But he always wanted to talk about what Lightning had been doing!

Joining in!! <3 So crazy how foreign a trip WITHOUT the kids sounds, now!! But it sounds amazing. I remember that about them being sick, what a terrible start but the room is beautiful at the Contemporary! What sort of discount did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds like an awesome start!!

Yay, glad you made it!

It was really nerve racking the whole time leading up to this trip. I was so nervous about leaving DD for the first time! I had never even been away from her overnight yet. But the temptation ended up being too great to resist, especially with the discount on the Contemporary. I want to say it was around $240/night with the discount? It was way too tough to pass up!!

Day 2: Saturday July 23rd

Because our brains are hardwired to wake up early with 2 kids, we woke up at 7 am Saturday morning. But also because those kids were not actually in the room with us, we were able to get back to sleep until closer to 8 am. The theme of this trip was not being in a rush. We have done rope drop for years and years, and it is the best way to do the parks with kids. But because this was a bonus trip, we decided we didn’t really feel the need to be at the parks an hour before they opened. So we took our time getting dressed and having breakfast in the room. We actually ended up leaving the room around 9:35 am.

July 02-001
by disneymom1024, on Flickr
We decided to take the walking path from the Contemporary to MK this morning.

And the very first thing we did when we walked in was run to Space Mountain! Just kidding, we actually went over to the fire station to get some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards for DS. Priorities. When we came out, we stopped to watch a CM making Mickey Mouse water art on the ground.

July 02-005

July 02-006
We stopped for some photos on Main Street. It was a little strange not having to remind DS to smile nicely for the photo.

Lightning McQueen wanted a photo in front of the Castle to send back to DS.

July 02-009

Then we really did head to Tomorrowland because we had FP+ for Space Mountain.

I had totally forgotten how much fun this ride is! It had been years since I had been on it. It’s not one of the ones I feel like I have to ride every trip, so I don’t usually worry about doing rider swap or anything for it. Not that you can tell by the photo because it takes your picture at a weird part of the ride when nothing exciting is really happening.

Apparently, we had good things to say about our trip.

July 02-021

We went over to Buzz Lightyear next. The posted wait time was 20 minutes, but we waited less than that.

While in Tomorrowland, why not do the People Mover, right?!

Continued in next post...

Day 2 Continued: Saturday July 23rd

July 02-036
In our minds, we thought it would be a great idea to see the new castle show, Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire, on this trip. But we still had a little time before the next show, so we went over to ride Haunted Mansion to waste time.

When we finished up at Haunted Mansion, we realized standing outside baking in the sun to watch a show was a really stupid idea, so we bailed on that and decided to have lunch instead. How could we not being that we were right there by Columbia Harbour House?

We split a fish & chicken nuggets basket for lunch, because the heat made us not really want to eat as much, and because we had some ideas for a refreshing snack coming up later. It’s really amazing how quickly a meal goes when it’s just the two of us and no kids to wrestle with.

In no time, we had eaten and made our way over to our one and only must do attraction next, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin!

July 02-053
Just kidding. We took that picture on the way over to Pirates!

July 02-054
It was posted as a 25 minute wait, and with kids we might have skipped it, but since it was just the two of us we went ahead and got in line. I timed our wait and it was actually only about 20 minutes before we were loaded onto a boat.

After Pirates, we were ready to fill the small hole that we had saved in our bellies by sharing a meal at lunch. Off to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip!

DH got us a float to share. I prefer just the soft serve, but he really likes the float and we had already decided we were going to share, so I told him to go ahead and get the float. Lightning McQueen wanted a taste as well!

Untitled
As we got down to the bottom, I told DH the pineapple juice tasted like a fart smells, to which he replied, “Yeah, you would know all about that.” As I’m cracking up laughing at him, he offers me the last bite of soft serve and sip of juice and says, “Come on, drink the fart!” We laughed about this so hard, we just knew it had to be part of the TR title!! Maybe it was a "You had to be there" moment, but we really couldn't stop laughing for the longest time.

Once we had composed ourselves, it was time to get on with our day and use our next FP+. We were in for a real splash!

UP NEXT: A Zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!

Sounds like you're enjoying the freedom of doing Disney sans children! As much as I miss taking our boys (they're men now :-) I do love the simplicity of going with just DH. You sure look calm on SM. Fart - just the word is funny :rotfl:I think I would have lost my appetite at that point for a final sip. :rotfl2:

Such an easy going morning! I'm sure it was nice getting to the park a little later, and you still got to get a lot done!

LOL love the story behind the TR title! :rotfl:

sounds like a nice morning and for a Saturday in July the wait times don't seem so bad

Love that the Buzz ride photo has Dustin with his camera

Totally get what you are saying about how much more efficient a meal can be without kids!

And of course it is the trip without the kids that the idea of farts comes up ... I mean, if my kids started talking about it we would have to hush them for the potty humor ... but sans kids it is great!

Hahhaah super cute MK morning, what fun to be able to do so much and not deal with rider swap. I laughed about the Magic Carpets jab (mainly because I rode that like 5000 times last weekend lol). Love Space too, look forward to riding next time :) I am not a CHH fan but nice you were able to enjoy it and leave some room for dessert!

Sounds like you're enjoying the freedom of doing Disney sans children! As much as I miss taking our boys (they're men now :-) I do love the simplicity of going with just DH. You sure look calm on SM. Fart - just the word is funny :rotfl:I think I would have lost my appetite at that point for a final sip. :rotfl2:

It was definitely a different kind of fun! There were plenty of moments we thought, "Man, it would be so cool if we were doing this with the kids." But we were absolutely glad we took the time to take this trip and spend some time just being the two of us again.

YEAH, I really didn't feel the need to take the last sip after that exchange. :rotfl:

Such an easy going morning! I'm sure it was nice getting to the park a little later, and you still got to get a lot done!

LOL love the story behind the TR title! :rotfl:

I think we were so relaxed on this trip both because it was just the two of us, and because we had been so many times over the past 8 or so months, so we didn't feel the need to "do it all." It was SO nice not to have to rush around to get ready in the morning for rope drop if we didn't want to.

It was an interesting moment, that's for sure!!

sounds like a nice morning and for a Saturday in July the wait times don't seem so bad

Love that the Buzz ride photo has Dustin with his camera

Totally get what you are saying about how much more efficient a meal can be without kids!

And of course it is the trip without the kids that the idea of farts comes up ... I mean, if my kids started talking about it we would have to hush them for the potty humor ... but sans kids it is great!

I don't know how you felt about it (may have been different since you were with kids and had a different agenda) but I didn't feel like it was as crowded as I expected it to be for middle of the summer. I was pleasantly surprised! But it was just as hot as I thought it was going to be. lol

Always!!

Oh my gosh, it was SO NICE to just eat and go!! I think we are fairly efficient with the kids, all things considered, but it was amazing how much more quickly a meal could go if we wanted it to without them.

Exactly!!! I fuss at DS all of the time for talking about farts. lol Needless to say, we didn't share with him our conversation.

Hahhaah super cute MK morning, what fun to be able to do so much and not deal with rider swap. I laughed about the Magic Carpets jab (mainly because I rode that like 5000 times last weekend lol). Love Space too, look forward to riding next time :) I am not a CHH fan but nice you were able to enjoy it and leave some room for dessert!

I think we plan our time pretty well with kids, but I forget how much more we can do when it's just the two of us. We haven't really been on our own in the parks since 2010 except for those few days we went to DL by ourselves for our anniversary.

Sorry about the Magic Carpets!!! :rotfl: It was also really nice not to have to a) suck it up and ride that kind of stuff when we didn't want to and b) convince DS we can come back and do it another time instead.

Our Splash Mountain FP+ was good by that point, and a splash was just what we needed now that the sun was at its worst.

July 02-069

July 02-070

July 02-071

July 02-072

Untitled

July 02-073

July 02-074

July 02-075

July 02-076

July 02-077

July 02-078

July 02-079

July 02-080

July 02-081

July 02-082

July 02-083

July 02-084

July 02-086

July 02-087

July 02-088

July 02-089

July 02-090

July 02-091

MK_SPLASH_20160723_388948227562

July 02-092

July 02-093

July 02-094
While over there, we noticed Big Thunder Mountain was still down, as it had been all morning. We had our last FP+ of the day scheduled for it, so we got a bonus FP+ in our MDE to use for another attraction. It just couldn’t be used for Mine Train, I think. We had been saving it in the hopes that Big Thunder might reopen later on, but since it still hadn’t and we were winding down for the day, we decided to go use it for another ride on Space Mountain.

In no time, we were ready to board. We both laughed when one of the girls in our car asked the CM at the front if it was fast and the CM replied, “It only goes 25 miles per hour. That’s not fast, that’s a school zone.” Lmao We were on the opposite track of the one we had ridden earlier in the day, and I’m not sure if it was the different track or because I was in the very last seat, or if I’m just getting old, but it seemed a lot rougher this time!

July 02-095

July 02-096

July 02-097
DH knows all about gas, so I found this review of his to be appropriate.
If you have followed my other TRs from earlier in this year of APs, you might remember that I had terrible luck with getting on the PeopleMover. So this trip, I more than made up for that. Since we were in Tomorrowland and it was hot, we took a spin.

July 02-098
I’d like to say I was texting pictures of Lightning back to DS, or checking with my mom to see how the kids were doing, but let’s be honest. I was probably playing Disney Emoji Blitz.

July 02-099

July 02-100

July 02-101

After a nice spin on the PeopleMover, we were ready to head back to the Contemporary for a break. Of course, we can’t just go, we have to take pictures along the way!

July 02-102

July 02-103
We had enough time to rest our eyes for a bit and freshen up before it was time to head to Disney Springs for the Sip & Snack event with Corey, Julie, Craig, and Teresa! Of all of the events that had been announced, this was the one I was most interested in besides the dessert party! When they had opened bookings for the events, I had hurried to secure spots for us at the dessert party, but hadn’t really worried about the others, thinking they would be more unofficial and wouldn’t have signups. I was texting with DH and luckily he had been paying attention to see there were signups for all of the events and that they were VERY limited in the number of people that could attend! We managed to get 2 spots for this one, and it was closed to any more people soon after. It was one of the first events to fill up.

Once more information had come out about the meet, it had been decided it would be more of a “Sip” than a “Sip and Snack” as it would be too difficult to manage eating at each location. DH and I had sent in our drink orders for each stop ahead of time, choosing from a limited drink menu. So we headed out early to give ourselves time to catch the bus and to have something to eat before the meet started. We got to the bus stop at 3:40 and a bus for Disney Springs arrived shortly after.

We ended up eating at D-Luxe Burger. We both got cheeseburgers, and shared a large order of fries with the curry ketchup dipping sauce to try. It was a little expensive for burgers and fries, but they were really delicious! I wanted to try one of their shakes because they looked delicious as we saw people ordering them, but we had to save room for drinks later!

We poked our head in a couple of shops to kill a little time until we were supposed to meet the group. The one that caught my eye was this place, The Ganachery. I wanted to eat literally everything in here!

July 02-106
Then we made our way over to our first stop on the Sip & Snack tour, STK. We waited outside for a bit because we couldn’t figure out which entrance to use to get to the bar. Eventually, I spotted Craig going inside and followed him in. It’s hard not to notice a 6 foot tall ginger!

Corey & Julie were there, so we introduced ourselves to them, and I loved them in person just as much as I do on the show! They remind us a lot of ourselves, young married couple with little kids, and of course the Louisiana connection! Julie thought we had met before, but I think we just interact enough on Instagram that she thought that, so we chatted for a while about kids, and Corey came over at some point to explain that he was running a tab at each place and we could just pay him back after.

I had ordered the Strawberry Cobbler (belvedere, fresh muddled strawberry, and graham cracker crust) and DH had gotten something with watermelon and a chili pepper rim that I can’t find on the menu now.

July 02-107

July 02-108
We were at that first location for about an hour, and spent most of it talking with Michael Bowling and his wife Carol. Our next stop was The Boathouse, so after they rounded us all up, we started walking towards there. There was a large group of people converging on the pier where the amphicars leave, and we realized they were shooting spots for Wheel of Fortune! DH managed to sneak a paparazzi style photo of Pat & Vanna.

July 02-109
After that, we headed down to the dockside bar and got the drinks we had ordered in advance. I had the Blueberry Lemonade (Stoli Blueberry, Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka, homemade lemonade, and fresh blueberries). DH wasn’t too excited about the options we had been given here, so he just had a beer.

July 02-110
I’m not much of a drinker, but this was GOOD!

July 02-111
This stop was on the awkward side. There were a lot of tables, and most people broke off into groups that knew each other, and it was hard to mingle. Plus with the sun going down, it was beaming right on us on the dock, so it was hard to find a spot outside of the beam of the sun. DH and I ended up keeping to ourselves for most of it.

Untitled

As we were about to head to our third and final spot, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, it looked like some nasty weather was rolling in, so a lot of people in the group bailed at that point and didn’t come to Jock Lindsey’s with us. But we decided to stay because Corey & his sister Anna, who was helping him out and going to each place ahead of the group to make sure everything was ready for us, told us the patio they were going to have us on was covered. Anna was awesome! We really loved meeting her & talking with her too.

Once we got to Jock Lindsey’s, DH got his drink he had ordered, the Air Pirate’s Mule (Knob Creek Disney Select Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon and fresh lime juice topped with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer). I hadn’t found anything I wanted, but I was happy enough with what I’d had at the first two stops, so I was good. I ended up spending most of this part of the evening talking with another DIS’er named Kevin who is an ER nurse, so we had lots of stories to trade! He was great, and I really enjoyed talking with him. DH got bored with listening to our conversation, so he ended up elsewhere. Lol Maybe talking to Corey?

At some point, I ended up texting with Missy (@Missyrose ) who was having dinner with Franklin at Morimoto Asia maybe? They ended up coming to meet us at Jock Lindsey’s to say hi. We had tentatively planned to go to AK that night to see the Tree of Life Awakening and Jungle Book show, with possible plans to meet up with them there. But it ended up working out perfect that we got to see each other at Disney Springs, because all of us had decided by then to skip AK! Lol They were I think leaving the next morning to go home, and we just didn’t feel like rushing over to see the show when all of the reviews of it had been pretty terrible. Plus, we were having a good time at the meet, and it had run a little longer than originally planned. It was fun getting to hang out with them for a little while again!

We ended up staying at Jock Lindsey’s until about 9:45. We settled up with Corey & Julie, said goodbye to everyone, and thought we might stop for a cupcake at Sprinkles on the way out. Us, and the rest of humanity…The line was insane!! That plan was abandoned and we went to the bus stop instead. It seemed to take forever for the bus to come, and then it was the longest bus ride ever! The bus was shared between Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge, but the driver went to Fort Wilderness and it seemed to take forever for him to get turned around and go to WL first before the Contemporary finally. It was about 11:30 before we got back to shower and get ready for bed.

UP NEXT: Frozen In Summer

I love your photo on Splash. You look like you were having a blast!

I'm with you on Space; I haven't done it in years because while fun, it's not worth the precious time alloted away from the kids in the parks. There's much better attractions to go on sans kids. And if I remember correctly, one side is notoriously more bumpy than the other.

The Sip and Snack event sounds like it was a lot of fun! Corey and Julie seem like the nicest couple. I love when they are on the show.

Those buses back to the resorts from Disney Springs are always terrible. It takes forever for one to show up!
Sorry you didn't get to try one of the Sprinkles cupcakes, but it's nice that you were able to check out D Luxe Burger. They looked pretty good!

What fun hopping on Splash and then getting another ride on Space (I def think I'm getting old lol). The event sounds awesome and those drinks at STK look/sound SO good!! I'd need both, I think ;) your Boathouse drink sounded good too. You guys don't seem like drinkers, so I am surprised to see you with all the drinks hahahaha. Wow, what a late night after taking nearly 2 hours to get back to the room and in bed, phew!

Love the Splash photo, you both look so happy!

As the years go by, I start to like WDW's Space Mountain less. It really can be painful and I've never gotten over the fear that my head is going to get chopped off :rotfl2:

Love the photos from the PeopleMover!

So cool that you spotted Pat & Vanna!

I'm glad you guys had fun at the meetup! Sounds like a long night!

I love your photo on Splash. You look like you were having a blast!

I'm with you on Space; I haven't done it in years because while fun, it's not worth the precious time alloted away from the kids in the parks. There's much better attractions to go on sans kids. And if I remember correctly, one side is notoriously more bumpy than the other.

The Sip and Snack event sounds like it was a lot of fun! Corey and Julie seem like the nicest couple. I love when they are on the show.

Those buses back to the resorts from Disney Springs are always terrible. It takes forever for one to show up!
Sorry you didn't get to try one of the Sprinkles cupcakes, but it's nice that you were able to check out D Luxe Burger. They looked pretty good!

Well, it is my favorite ride! :love: And it was nice to not have to ride alone for a change.

Yeah, Space is one of those that when it comes to stuff to do alone when the kids are with us, it's not at the top of my list for sure. But it was nice to get back on it. Now when we go to Disneyland in a few months, that will be a different story!

Corey & Julie are my favorites on the show! And they are just as great in person. So friendly and relaxed. It was fun getting to do a meet with them.

D Luxe was surprisingly good, but of course fairly pricey for burgers and fries. But it was nice to get to try one of the newer places in Disney Springs.

What fun hopping on Splash and then getting another ride on Space (I def think I'm getting old lol). The event sounds awesome and those drinks at STK look/sound SO good!! I'd need both, I think ;) your Boathouse drink sounded good too. You guys don't seem like drinkers, so I am surprised to see you with all the drinks hahahaha. Wow, what a late night after taking nearly 2 hours to get back to the room and in bed, phew!

Getting too old is likely one of my problems too! lol

We are absolutely not drinkers, so it was weird to sign up for a meet that mostly involved around drinking. But we really liked the idea of getting to do a meet with Corey & Julie because we really like them on the show. And also it was something we couldn't have done on a family trip, so we thought it would be fun to do something new and different. It ended up being a fun choice!

Love the Splash photo, you both look so happy!

As the years go by, I start to like WDW's Space Mountain less. It really can be painful and I've never gotten over the fear that my head is going to get chopped off :rotfl2:

Love the photos from the PeopleMover!

So cool that you spotted Pat & Vanna!

I'm glad you guys had fun at the meetup! Sounds like a long night!

Thanks! It was fun getting to ride together for a change.

YES! I'm always so worried about hitting my head on something, even though there are many many people a lot taller than me on the ride! lol It's hard not to worry about it having seen the track lit up several times, and not having any clue where you are on the track because it's pitch black.

The DIS meet was a lot of fun! We were glad we had made sure to sign up for that one.

Well, it's certainly been a wild couple of weeks with the holidays around here, but I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know we certainly did! But I have missed all of my trip reports in the meantime, so with this 4 day weekend I have, I'm hoping I can get caught up on reading everyone's that I feel like I have neglected. As I sit here with the heater running for one of only a few times we have had to do so this "winter" (Christmas day was almost 80 degrees here!), I'm heading back to July...

Day 3: Sunday July 24th

We got up Sunday morning around 8:30 and took our time getting ready and having breakfast. We were over in the main building and getting on the monorail around 9:45 am. We had decided to rely totally on Disney transportation for this trip, so we were taking the monorail to the TTC, then switching over to take the Epcot monorail.

July 03-001

It had been a very long time since we had taken the monorail into Epcot, so we had both forgotten what a great view of the park you get as you go around it before getting to the platform to unload.

All told, it took us about 20 minutes to get there. Although the bag check was a little more backed up than we usually see when we arrive before rope drop, with only the two of us and two bags, it went a lot quicker than with a stroller full of stuff. We stopped first for some Photopass pictures.

Our first FP+ was for Spaceship Earth at 10:15 am. The wait wasn’t terrible, but we went ahead and used the FP+ anyway.

July 03-010

July 03-011

July 03-012

July 03-013

July 03-014

July 03-015

July 03-016

July 03-017

July 03-018

July 03-019

July 03-020

July 03-021

July 03-022

July 03-023

July 03-024

July 03-025

July 03-026

July 03-028

July 03-029

July 03-030

July 03-031

July 03-032

Day 3 Continued: Sunday July 24th

Next, we went over to the Land because Soarin’ was listed at only 30 minutes, so we thought we might check that out and ride to kill time until we could use our FP+ for Frozen Ever After. We had a FP+ for Soarin’ another day, but thought we might like it enough to ride twice since it would be our first time trying the new movie.

Unfortunately, the app was wrong and the wait was actually 45 minutes. We didn’t want to chance it, so we went on Living with the Land instead.

After that, we walked over to World Showcase so we could use our Frozen Ever After FP+. Originally, we weren’t that worried about getting a FP+ for this attraction or even riding it at all. But then we figured DS wouldn’t be interested in riding it in October, and the chances of getting a FP+ for it then would be slim to none anyway since we weren't staying onsite. So when it came time to make FP+ for this trip, I tried for one and figured if we didn’t get one, no harm done. But I was able to pick one up, so we kept it.

July 03-048
I love how in pictures, it looks like such a beautiful day to be in World Showcase, when really it was a death march in the heat to get over to Norway. Lol

Soon enough, we had made it!

The wait was posted at 75 minutes! We definitely would have been skipping this if not for FP+. I’m glad at this point I have a boy who could take or leave Frozen, so we didn’t even really mention it for October. I feel bad for parents who have little girls obsessed with it who stand in that forever long line to make their kids happy!

In less than 10 minutes, we were entering the Kingdom of Arendelle!

Day 3 Continued: Sunday July 24th

Overall, I thought this was a really well done attraction. The animatronics were fantastic. So much smoother than the older style! And the story was cute. I liked that it incorporated different locations and characters from the movie, like Elsa’s ice palace, visiting the trolls, seeing Marshmallow, etc. But it wasn’t just a dark ride telling the story of the movie either, like most other dark rides based on movies are. Instead it occurs after the events of the movie. I liked that it was kind of its own story. All that said, however, I don’t know that I would have enjoyed it as much had we waited in a 70 minute line to see it because it is incredibly short. Also, we discovered later it takes your photo, which seems completely random and useless. But it does offer a cute border!

As we left the ride and passed through the shop, Lightning took a photo with the troll. You can barely see him, but he’s there!

Untitled

After the ride, we stopped for a quick lunch at Electric Umbrella. We were actually able to sit upstairs for once since we were sans stroller, so that was nice since it is a lot quieter up there. Then we needed to start making our way over to Magic Kingdom for our afternoon DIS Meet event.

July 03-077

July 03-078
We hopped on the monorail, and made the switch at the TTC to the MK Express monorail.

It was almost time for our next DIS Meet!

UP NEXT: Connecting With Walt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter