College Program Parents Thread...

Hi Rebecca...we live in the northeast and our son is heading down to Fla for an engineering internship. There is evidently no where to house him right now. He is heading down in May. From what I understand Disney will supply him accomodations for 2 weeks but then he is on his own. My question....does anyone know where I can find him reasonably priced accomodations in the WDW area or are there any engineering interns in the same boat? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Daniel
My son is also an intern for the summer. But he is in Horticulture and since they are a smaller group and work when the parks are closed, Disney houses them together in CP housing. My son did say your son should request to be added to a specific group on Facebook because there were a lot of interns looking for roommates. He should go through the Professional Internship Facebook page.

does anyone know about the discount rooms for family of CPs. I understand that there are rooms set aside and not all resorts may be available. But are the deluxe resorts the ones usually set aside or does it go across all levels of resorts. We are looking to visit during my DD program and may stay on resort. We are trying to ball park the cost depending on deluxe, moderate value.

does anyone know about the discount rooms for family of CPs. I understand that there are rooms set aside and not all resorts may be available. But are the deluxe resorts the ones usually set aside or does it go across all levels of resorts. We are looking to visit during my DD program and may stay on resort. We are trying to ball park the cost depending on deluxe, moderate value.

There are rooms available across all resorts in all categories but you never know what will be available during your time frame. My daughter has been there 7 years and we have stayed for as little as $29 at All Stars and even concierge at Poly for just over 200. (Those were a few years ago) I know last year we did a GF room for around 250 a night. If she is staying with you the discount is 50% sometimes 60% and sometimes there are other random specials...hard to tell.

Liz

Thanks I want to go early in November and stay at the resorts. The other visits we will be staying offsite. Do they get any discount by any chance for the kennel?

I called the kennel and asked about discounts. The discount applies only if the CP owns the dog and has paperwork from a vet confirming that.
But they give discounts for staying on site.

New Question for anyone who may be an alumni parent. Is there one housing apt. that is requested more by the students over the others and what is the chance of getting the apt. complex they list as their top choice? Anyone out there in the know? My DD really really really does not want to live in vista. She was a freshmen RA this year and is so over the loud party scene. She hears that Vista is where it is the loudest and craziest.

DD did her program last fall. She wanted Chatham- bus stop right out front. She decided to go random as far as roommates go because she found the FB page to be full of drama. She got an 8-person apt in Chatham and loved it! Four of the girls became best friends! Good luck to your daughter- it was a great experience for mine!

I think Vista gets somewhat of a bad rap but so be it. My daughter lived there and found it to be very convenient. I know my nephew wanted Chatham, had it totally planned out etc and when he got there there were no rooms available in Chatham for his group size and he ended up in Vista and is fine with it. I think like the above poster if you are going random there will be more likely a spot available for you in your desired complex rather than those who have whole apartment groups organized.

Liz

I need help from someone who has gone through this process in the past. My daughter had planned on living with 5 other girls but the system would only allow 4 people to connect. Therefore she and her roommate decided they would connect with just each other and take their chances. She received a confirmation that the connection worked. Now today she checked and the system does not have them paired together. She has emailed but I was wondering if you all know if she could call someone. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Commons apartments are popular because they have washers and dryers in the units. They are with Chatham and Patterson and the recreational area but around the corner kinda not right at the main stuff. You can safely walk to outlet stores and some restaurants. DD had car so not sure about bus but I know it has a stop there. She never complained about the management or operation of the complex.

Chatham is right at the main bus stop, very convenient if no car. Across from the recreation area. Complex hosts many of the housing events. Considered to be in between party and sedate.

Patterson is next to that so only a long block or so walk to Chatham to the bus stop. It is the newest complex of them all and reported to have bigger closets and newer appliances. Considered the sedate complex - I think DD said some referred to it as the retirement home or something like that. She probably would have been happy with that.

Vista Way is where check in occurs and is in the corner of I-4 and 535. It has the look of a "cheaper" apartment complex, surrounding by parking lots. You can walk to the Chickfila, gas mart, Walgreens and some more. Being main hub, all buses come here, a few more services, computer labs and some classes taught here. It is the party complex. DD got reassigned here in spring and was not happy. Upon arrival she was surprised her apartment had been newly refreshed. That didn't last long when they were infested with bed bugs and locked out with no clothes or anything while they chemical blasted it. Had to go to Walmart to buy pajamas and luckily roommate family was in town so they bunked in their hotel. She missed days of work over the "handling" of the situation. She had to wash all, throw out all bedding and buy more, treat her items that couldn't be washed. Cost us alot more than lost pay. Very frustrated with the management here. She checks out tomorrow to head home. Guys seem to be less bothered by Vista than Gals.

Aside from the above to consider are:
- They are all different prices and for many kids that is a big deal. At Vista DD figured each week it took two shifts to pay rent, 1 shift for gas and groceries and the rest was play money. Look at all the prices and see what you think works.
- Room mate combinations, how many per room and how many bedrooms in each apartment. It's like a puzzle putting in your choices to hope to box in what you want. Fall DD and 3 roomies picked each other, put in their choices and were happy to get them. Spring it was just DD and one good friend she made so they tried to be more flexible to make sure they didn't get Vista ... but they did.

As others said how good or bad depends on what your college dorm experience has been and know that no matter what you put in for, no guarantees. The upside it's only 4-5 months.

DisneyHousing.jpg

Last edited:
I need help from someone who has gone through this process in the past. My daughter had planned on living with 5 other girls but the system would only allow 4 people to connect. Therefore she and her roommate decided they would connect with just each other and take their chances. She received a confirmation that the connection worked. Now today she checked and the system does not have them paired together. She has emailed but I was wondering if you all know if she could call someone. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

This really stinks. DD had a similar problem. They wanted an apartment for 5. They sadly dropped the last girl to join the group. It breaks my heart for the girl I wish there was a way to work things out.

This really stinks. DD had a similar problem. They wanted an apartment for 5. They sadly dropped the last girl to join the group. It breaks my heart for the girl I wish there was a way to work things out.
Not really sure but someone at Disney emailed her back and it appears she is at least connected to one roommate. The good thing is she has a good attitude and says she will hope for the best if the connection does not work out. Hopefully things will not go wrong. Thanks for the response!!

Not really sure but someone at Disney emailed her back and it appears she is at least connected to one roommate. The good thing is she has a good attitude and says she will hope for the best if the connection does not work out. Hopefully things will not go wrong. Thanks for the response!!

Glad to hear. Did she try for all 6 or just the one?

This happened to my DDs best friend. They are both there now and couldn't live together because they had didn't start dates. Her friend wanted to room with 5 other girls and each of them was told that they could only pick one roommate - not 5. Her friend ended up in a two person room while the other girls ended up in rooms with 4 other girls that were already paired up. It all worked out and they all are happy.

Bed bugs are not ok!!!
My daughter has bad fish /shell fish allergies. She picked girls to live with that would be fine with not having fish in the apt. What happens if she is assigned to a room with girls that are not ok with that? Does my daughter have to move out or end her program? This is a huge fear of mine and hers.

Okay so we moved our daughter in last Monday into Vista Way. The bathroom was disgusting. I took several pictures and I would like to send an email to someone just so they know their cleaning service is doing a terrible job. Does anyone have someone I can contact? They scrubbed on the mildew in the tub but most of it is partially under the caulking. Can anyone help?

How far in advanced can the cp's get the room discounts for family? My son current cp said he doesn't see any info past June??

Okay so we moved our daughter in last Monday into Vista Way. The bathroom was disgusting. I took several pictures and I would like to send an email to someone just so they know their cleaning service is doing a terrible job. Does anyone have someone I can contact? They scrubbed on the mildew in the tub but most of it is partially under the caulking. Can anyone help?

Our DD moved in last Monday as well. She had 4 facebook roommates and they moved into a 6 person. The apt. seemed clean to me. I did not see her actual room and bathroom because she and another girl switched rooms after we dropped her off.

I am worried about the bedbugs. The previous girls had problems.

My daughter moved into Vista last Monday also and her room was disgusting as well. She and all her roommates complained to someone from Disney at the housing meeting that was held on Tuesday (or Wednesday??) and they received a follow up email asking them to detail their problems. Not sure if anything will be done about them, but Disney was definitely responsive to their concerns. I'm worried about bedbugs too.

Last edited:
Disney College Program Housing is not managed by Disney. The properties are managed by the Lincoln Property Company. The on-site management is their people, not Disney.

To let Disney know you might try this email - wdw.disney.housing.ops@disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter