College Kid using Rewards Card

TTFNTigger

Mouseketeer
Hello! My college kid is thinking of going to Disney Springs and possibly one park over Spring Break. We have a Disney Visa Rewards card. If I redeem some of our rewards points to the card, will they be able to use it even though it is registered to me?

Technically the dollars are put on a "rewards card," but I would call it a "gift card." With that in mind, no one ever checks to see who bought a gift card. Whomever is holding the card can use it without any verification of ownership.

Yep, it works just like a gift card.
My mom often gifts us her card to use on our trips if she has a lot of rewards stacked up she won't use.

Just remember that you can only ever have 2 reward cards issued to you at a time. Unlike a regular gift card, when he empties it, he should hold on to it and bring it back to you. If it's lost, you have to call them to have it removed from your account and get a replacement. When loading a new card there's a minimum amount but a card you already have can be reloaded with any amount you have access to.

You can also use the “rewards card” to purchase a regular Disney gift card on the ShopDisney website and give that to your kid. This way they don’t need to worry about returning the card to you after the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter