• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College football playoffs/bowls

The Tony the Tiger Bowl has been GRRRRRRR888888888 since before you were born. It's the Sun Bowl, played in El Paso and it's tied for the second oldest bowl there is. I know Miami football wasn't a thing until the 80s. But trust me. The sport is much older than that and has a long illustrious history.

Oops, missed it. But more than HALF of the teams in the bowl division make it to a bowl. If everyone is special, then no one is. Lol
It's sports tourism. The cold weather teams usually travel really well.
It's no different really than youth travel league sports tourism where cities and towns build ballfields and crown a national title every week in the summer where the only qualification was to pay your fees. Only in college, nobody is handing the Plumber's local 320 toilet bowl winner a national title trophy.

It's sports tourism. The cold weather teams usually travel really well.
It's no different really than youth travel league sports tourism where cities and towns build ballfields and crown a national title every week in the summer where the only qualification was to pay your fees. Only in college, nobody is handing the Plumber's local 320 toilet bowl winner a national title trophy.
Yup. Get that. I have no problem with the bowl games. It's the hype of "we've made a bowl game, we're so special!" And I'm pretty sure EVERY bowl game has a trophy.

Kohler should sponsor one of the games so you could have the "Kohler Toilet Bowl"

Will be interesting to see if Nick Saban wins his EIGHTH National Championship.

Already considered the best College Coach of all time,I think an eighth Championship would make him a STRONG candidate for greatest Coach of all time in all Sports.

The conversation would begin at a minimum.

Love him or hate him what he is doing is unprecedented and will never be matched IMO.

Will be interesting to see if Nick Saban wins his EIGHTH National Championship.

Already considered the best College Coach of all time,I think an eighth Championship would make him a STRONG candidate for greatest Coach of all time in all Sports.

The conversation would begin at a minimum.

Love him or hate him what he is doing is unprecedented and will never be matched IMO.
John Wooden has 10 National titles with UCLA.

Yeah, I think it's WAY too many bowl games. Seriously -- look at the names of some of these games. "Tony-the-Tiger Bowl"...really? I like Cheez-its, and Famous Idaho Potatoes, and I'm sure Duke's is great mayo...but NCAA Football Bowl Games???

Also, they play 12 games already and injuries increase in both frequency and seriousness late in the season. It would be a shame to see a young man's career ended playing in some third rank bowl in December.

But it's a money thing.
Hey now, I'm looking forward to the Duke's Mayo Bowl. Go Heels!

I don't really know much of anything about college football except that we are Notre Dame fans. We try to make it to a game every year. I see they are playing OK State. I hope they play like a champion that day!

Yeah, I think it's WAY too many bowl games. Seriously -- look at the names of some of these games. "Tony-the-Tiger Bowl"...really? I like Cheez-its, and Famous Idaho Potatoes, and I'm sure Duke's is great mayo...but NCAA Football Bowl Games???
My son’s school is playing in the Famous Potato Bowl! All week we have been inundated with emails featuring pictures of literal bowls of potatoes. I haven’t laughed this hard in a while. Plus, the game is in Boise, home of the Smurf Turf, so we are laughing at that, too. Go Golden Flashes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter