Collecting checked bags at MCO

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
(hope that's the right airport code, anyway:) ) How long does it generally take to collect checked baggage? We're flying Southwest, if that helps, and although I could get us packed into one carry-on each, it's just too much hassle to deal with kids and their bags, especially since we're changing planes. Seemed to me that things went pretty smoothly on my last trip to Orlando, but I have nightmares about one trip to Detroit with a collegue where we stood at that baggage carousel for nearly an hour while the bags came out v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.

On my last trip to MCO in 2/03, I flew Southwest for the first time. We didn't get in until 11:30pm, but by the time we got to the luggage carousel after a quick pit stop in the rest rooms, our luggage was already coming around. I wouldn't hesitate to check our luggage again as we did not have to wait for it when we got to MCO.

I haven't flown Southwest to MCO, but I have flown American and Delta, and family has flown America West and United. All of them have had excellent retrieval times for checked luggage...often the carousels are moving before you can get to them from the gate.

I fly SWA usually and with one exception, the bags have been there just about the time we arrive to pick them up.

We fly ATA rather than Southwest, and the wait for luggage has never been unreasonable. A couple of times, it was already coming around on the belt when we arrived. The other times, it started within a few minutes of our arrival. MUCH better than Midway in Chicago, where up to an hour is not unusual!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We flew Jet Blue from NY last week, and like many others, the bags werew alredy at the pick up by the time we got there. Keep in mind, we made a pit stop & had to ridse the little tram to get there. So that takes up must of the potential wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter