• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coconuts in the Caribbean

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
Ok so this is probably a weird question but... my 16yo DD told me tonight she wants to drink out of a coconut somewhere while on our cruise lol. So, is there anywhere on the western itinerary that we could get a fresh coconut?

Ok so this is probably a weird question but... my 16yo DD told me tonight she wants to drink out of a coconut somewhere while on our cruise lol. So, is there anywhere on the western itinerary that we could get a fresh coconut?

Grand cayman you will see the coconut man. You can’t miss him he’s inside the gates. A lot of people think they like coconut myself included until they tried their first coconut.

There are coconut carts just outside of the port plaza in Falmouth, Jamaica. With that said, we got ours during lunch at Discovery Cove where we did the shark encounters. I'm tempted to say it was $4.

Grand cayman you will see the coconut man. You can’t miss him he’s inside the gates. A lot of people think they like coconut myself included until they tried their first coconut.
Yep - I remember the Coconut guy in Grand Cayman. We talked to him about how he used to live in FL for a while but is back in Georgetown.

And totally agree with your comment about thinking you will like it til you try it... lol.

They are better cold. Pretty common here in Roatan. My kids bring them home all the time. They drink the coconut water but prefer the meat of the mature ones.

Same question but for the St. Maarten/St. Thomas itinerary. My daughter is obsessed with this idea.

We did a DCL excursion that was snorkeling half the time and beach half the time. During the beach portion, there was someone that was showing the kids how to use a rock to schuck the coconut. Then he showed them how to open it up and drink it.

It was very interesting to see it done with nothing more than a rock partially buried in the sand.

My girl just did the teen excursion on Castaway Cay and they got a coconut and busted it open and drank it. There are coconuts on the island. She loved the excursion, said it was best part of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter