Coach bag or not - Update

Thanks for letting us know about signing up at the website. I hope I get a coupon. I was at the outlet yesterday, but nothing was the right price for the right bag.

EDIT: (see post below) I just got an additional 20% off coupon in email, it's good through Sunday at any Coach Factory, it says I can forward to a friend.

I love my Coaches! I buy them retail in the stores and in the outlets. Not to brag or anything but I have 16 or 17 of them, I've lost count. I buy ones that are trendy and classy at the same time so that I know that they'll be in fashion for several years. That's how I justify the cost. The best Coach outlets to me are in Florida, I've gotten some awesome deals when we sneek away from Disney to spend more money pumping the economy in Coach. The deals are so great in fact my husband has bought several wallets there. And I have to agree with PP's; yes, Coach does send out coupons but they're not for the retail stores you see in the mall there for the outlets. Or atleast the ones I've received are for the outlets. It sure is nice to find a quality cute bag on the 50% off table and then add an additional 20% off. I've done that twice this summer so far.

T.

I own two Coach handbags. In my area of the country Coach seems to be saturated. That is why I prefer my Dooney and Bourke handbags. I bought them at the outlet in Lake Buena Vista last year. I plan on going to the store again in August. It seems to me that Coach continues to command high prices, but some of the recent materials used seem to be cheap.

Alas, I didn't find "the one" so it was no Coach bag for me this time around :sad1:

Wanted to say...isn't that the way it always happens?! You always tell yourself no...and then when you have the cash in hand, you can never find anything.

I know what you mean, OP...sometimes it can be disappointing if you don't find what you're looking for, but good for you for waiting instead of just buying something you didn't love! :thumbsup2

I have a Coach bag and a D&B, had both for quite a while. They're more of what I would consider a "classic" style and not trendy, which is how I justified buying them. :goodvibes But I also have a fake Burberry that I bought in NYC 5 years ago for $20 and I get compliments on that bag every time I use it. I tell people it's a knock-off and they're always surprised.

EDIT: (see post below) I just got an additional 20% off coupon in email, it's good through Sunday at any Coach Factory, it says I can forward to a friend.

I just added myself for the email (thanks)

It's funny because when I called Coach customer service, the woman told me they don't send out coupons on request. I asked how to get them and she said they only send them out occassionally "at random" and there's no mailing list or anything like that to be added to in order to get coupons.

Hmmm.... sounds like she didn't know what she was talking about. I should have called back to see if I could have gotten a different rep. Oh well. Hope I get the 20% off coupon from the one you got!

Thanks!

PS: Too funny.... as soon as I posted this, I got the email --- it's for 20% off and it expires August 2nd... 2 days after I get my bonus check from work! Hmmm... maybe I'll take a ride out to the outlet again and see if "my" bag made it there yet. LOL!!!

Thanks for the update!! Maybe when the fall styles start coming in, something will grab your eye. I just bought a black coach leather backpack on Ebay that seriously looked like it had been worn maybe once. If you go on the "shoes, purses, and accessories" Ebay discussion boards, the folks there will give you their opinion on "foach" or coach (fake or real) if something catches your eye.

Good for you for waiting for the exact right handbag!

I'm so glad the coupons are coming that fast. They are random on who they send them too, and I've never seen the "share" link on my previous coupons so maybe they want to boost the economy lol

Warning: Once they create your account in their system at the store, you will only be allowed to use the coupon once. For example, if you bought one item but then decided you wanted to go back for something else, the computer won't accept the coupon so make sure you have what you want when you check out the first time.

I got an email from Coach with the new Sabrina bag and I am wanting that one big time! In Cobalt! Oh it's beautiful. And $300 something. I hope I get a coupon because I'll be all over it. My birthday is coming up and yes I am a purse addict.

Generally they know when my birthday is and know that DH will buy if I get one- so I do usually get a coupon. saving 20% on that bag would make it more like $300 exactly. And to me that's a good price.
oops just realized I am on the budget board and not the community board- so I should say that I would never spend that much on a bag- but really I wouldn't but dh would. If I hint enough.

I'm the cheapest lady on earth. I'd much rather have a ten dollar purse with 280 bucks in it than a 300 dollar purse with nothing in it.I just can't commit to one purse which is what I would have to do.:thumbsup2

I love Coach and D & B. When I went to WDW last Feb, I stopped in the outlet, they had an awesome deal going on, clearance items were an additional 50% off, making them 75% off retail prices (the purses were already clearanced 1/2 price). I love designer bags, but do not like paying full prices. When I can get a $328 purse for about $90 with tax, I am all over it. :rotfl: I have paid full price on 2. They were the first 2 I ever bought. After finding the outlets, I was in heaven. LOL

I love Coach and D & B. When I went to WDW last Feb, I stopped in the outlet, they had an awesome deal going on, clearance items were an additional 50% off, making them 75% off retail prices (the purses were already clearanced 1/2 price). I love designer bags, but do not like paying full prices. When I can get a $328 purse for about $90 with tax, I am all over it. :rotfl: I have paid full price on 2. They were the first 2 I ever bought. After finding the outlets, I was in heaven. LOL

When you go to the outlets make sure you ask which are RETAIL pieces that are at the outlets vs. the bags MADE for the outlets. They have started doing this. So some of the deals really aren't that great. They are not made as well. Although they are still technically "coach".

Others are great though. And if you are not particular you can get some great bargains if you know what to look for.

But they are random. If you shop the outlets and perhaps make a small purchase or two in a retail Coach store, you might start getting them. I got them quite a lot for a while, though when I went in February (DH gave me the gift of going to pick out a new bag for V-Day) the gal told me they might not be doing as many promos as they had. I can tell you that with only two exceptions (my first Coach bag and briefcase, many many years ago), I have never paid full price for any of my Coach items. And I have quite a few pieces. Between shopping at the outlets and using the promos that are mailed (never e-mailed) for the retail store, I usually save a nice chunk of $$$ on them.

Hoping I can maybe sneak over to the outlets when we're at WDW in October.

When you go to the outlets make sure you ask which are RETAIL pieces that are at the outlets vs. the bags MADE for the outlets. They have started doing this. So some of the deals really aren't that great. They are not made as well. Although they are still technically "coach".

Others are great though. And if you are not particular you can get some great bargains if you know what to look for.

Thanks for the tip.

The ones I found and bought, I found at the Coach Stores months previously. Same bag and feel.....I bought one from the Store, and 4 months later found the same purse (when I first found out about the outlets) at the outlet for 1/2 the price. Are you saying they make the same purse, cheaper made, for the outlets?? :confused3

Are you saying they make the same purse, cheaper made, for the outlets?? :confused3

No. Some items are made specifically for the outlets. They don't make the same design (one for retail and one for the outlets). There are specific designs that are retail --- much nicer looking, better quality, etc --- and ones that are made to go directly to the outlet --- not as good design, hardware not as nice, straps thinner, etc.

===================================================

For those wondering about retail coupons for Coach: I have a friend who will go into the Coach retail store occassionally and "complain" about her tan bag being dirty and that it can't be cleaned properly or that something on her bag ripped or something like that. Every time she's done this, they offer her 40% off a new purchase. I don't know if I could go in and lie like that to get a discount, but it seems to work for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter