CMs Who Make You Smile

On my spring break trip, my 2 friends and I ate at the Garden Grill. We had the most amazing experience. The character interaction was THE BEST I have had in a really long time. But our server, Ellyn, was just as amazing. She took care of everything we needed, was super sweet, and played along with the characters and us. She had a picture of Chip and Dale in her check holder and because they were our favorites that night (you would not believe the insanity with them... if you want video- watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR8Xwp3Y_7o) and she had them sign it for us. She really made our dinner special.

Thank you Ellyn!! <3

On my spring break trip, my 2 friends and I ate at the Garden Grill. We had the most amazing experience. The character interaction was THE BEST I have had in a really long time. But our server, Ellyn, was just as amazing. She took care of everything we needed, was super sweet, and played along with the characters and us. She had a picture of Chip and Dale in her check holder and because they were our favorites that night (you would not believe the insanity with them... if you want video- watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR8Xwp3Y_7o) and she had them sign it for us. She really made our dinner special.

Thank you Ellyn!! <3

Congrats for entertainment! Who are you going to be friends with!?

I have two from our last trip.

On our first morning there we were in the gift shop at the GF waiting for our ressie at 1900 Park Fare. My 3 year old wanted a pen for her autograph book, you know the ones with the horribly squished looking character and little tassle on the top that hooks on to the book? Anyway, first she wanted Cinderella. Then Snow White, then back to Cinderella. I was starting to lose my patience as we were already at the register and the CM had rung everything. Then the CM says, Hold on Princess and takes the whole entire bucket of pens, brings it to the front, kneels down on the floor and dumps them all out on the floor so my DD could pick which one she wanted. She found Ariel, the only one in the bucket and was thrilled.

Second, after a somewhat long day at DHS we were going up to get a snack. DD was getting tired and cranky and out of nowhere this CM starts playing peekaboo with my DD. Changed her, and my, mood immediately. And followed it up with a free cookie.

It's the little things that make for happy memories :cloud9:

A few years ago, when we were getting ready for my kids' first trip to the World, my DD (then age 3) decided she wanted a Cinderella dress... the pink one that the mice made. I searched all over and couldn't find one anywhere, so I ended up sewing one, which was a pretty comical endeavor. Anyway, we got to the MK, and the dress drew a lot more attention than I had expected. A CM came over and said she couldn't believe it, that she had worked at the park for several years and had never seen anyone in Cindy's pink gown. She pulled out her pen and told me that she was going to give DD a special award certificate. This was a lovely idea, but the problem was that I also had DD5 with me, and DD3 had already gotten special recognition the previous day, having been pulled up into the High School Musical pep rally at HS. I quickly and urgently explained this, whispering that we were honestly fine not getting anything, but otherwise I needed two certificates, or DD5 was going to be crushed. I felt awful having to ask, but the CM was really kind, never missing a beat. She filled out one certificate for DD3's "Most Original" costume and one for DD5's "Most Authentic" blue Cinderella. She then gave complimentary Fastpasses to the whole family. It was such a lovely and rewarding moment, making the two times I sewed my own finger on that dress worthwhile!

Two CMs who stick out in my mind from our trip, June 12-26:

Carolyne, a server at Ohana (Breakfast) at the Poly. She hustled her hiney off, made sure everyone had enough to eat (boy, did we ever!), and made the experience feel like we were at home, with family. A wonderful lady, indeed. :cutie:

Antonio, aka Tony, a server at Sci-Fi Drive In in DHS. Tony couldn't do enough for us. He was fantastic! He even presented us with a card, signed by ALL of the servers, to celebrate our first visit (love those buttons!). A great add to our scrapbook, for sure. :thumbsup2

I took my DD to MK before I left for my deployment. We stumbled upon the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! parade/party in the hub. My normally shy DD jumped right out into the street to dance with the orangutan from Jungle Book and the girl CM that was with him. They took such a shining to my DD, it was so awesome! I took 4 videos and watch them frequently when I'm missing my DD - brings a smile to my face every time.

I wish I had gotten her name. I'll upload a picture one of these days - internet connections aren't that great out here. :laughing:

Completely OT but...

Thank you Amy for all you do to keep my family safe and sound! I am thankful every minute of every day for men and women who sacrifice their time with their family, friends and loved ones so that I may have freedom and be with mine. I am truelly grateful to you!

At Frontierland there was this sweet SWEET lady who make my kids feel so special. It was our first trip and she gave them certificates and just talked up the Disney magic to them....her name was Judy!

Our favorite was Carl the photographer at Castle Couture in MK

He was AMAZING. Funny, sweet. Our daughter is normally very shy and in a few short minutes (while waiting for another photographer to finish up a shoot) he got her all relaxed and laughing/conversing with him like she had known him forever. I wondered (still wonder??) is there somewhere that we can give Carl a KUDOS that he will get -- and that his supervisor will get too???

Another was a bus driver to MK we had on Sunday 6/27. He was passionate about his job! He gave us all manner of information, was warm and friendly, greeted everyone and thanked them for stepping carefully/closing the stroller/riding with him today. He was just incredible! We joked that it was a good thing he wasn't our first driver (all were courteous, but most were quiet) because he'd have set the bar WAY high. Don't recall his name, but he was awesome!!!

OH! And how could I have forgotten :lovestruc

On our FIRST DAY a CM ran around to all the kids before rope drop. He was saying, "Open your hands kids! Open your hands!!!" When the kids opened them, he poured some Mickey confetti into them and instructed them to toss it in the air after Mickey counted down to park opening!

It was awesome! :lovestruc

And in AK was Debbie in Camp Minnie Mickey who noticed my husband's Happy Birthday pin (okay they ALL noticed LOL) while we were in line for The Lion King show. She pulled us out of line, wished him Happy Birthday and then gave us VIP seating -- FRONT ROW!!!! -- as his birthday present!

I visit WDW every year with my scooter from home. I have to pull up to the ride because I have one bad leg and can't walk unassisted. Some rides are tough for me to get in and out of, like Splash, RnR, Test Track, etc. I can't tell you how many times a thoughtful CM at some ride notices my struggle and, when the ride is through, asks me if I would like to stay and ride again, knowing what an effort it is for me to get on and off. The CM must be reading my mind, and I always say YES! :)

When you're in MK you can go to Guest Services and let them know, but you can always email Guest Services and let them know the name and location of the CM :goodvibes

Also (slightly OT) I have a friend who works at Castle Couture/Fantasyland merch on the ICP at the moment :)

When you're in MK you can go to Guest Services and let them know, but you can always email Guest Services and let them know the name and location of the CM :goodvibes

Also (slightly OT) I have a friend who works at Castle Couture/Fantasyland merch on the ICP at the moment :)

What is ICP? :confused3

I will email Guest Services for sure!

Do you know if Carl gets any "kickback" or "points" or any sort of recognition when we buy pics he took (or any photopass photographer for that matter)??

Kip, our server at Crystal Palace. He got down at table level with DD & her birthday cupcake and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. He was from Australia, so we loved hearing his voice!

Also, the CM at the Winnie the Pooh ride. We had been standing in line for a few minutes and DD had to go to the bathroom. We got out of line and the CM asked if something was wrong. We explained that DD need to use the restroom. She told us to come back and she'd let us back in line. When we came back, she sent us through the FP line and told us to tell the man up front that she sent us. We were shocked and this was our first night at WDW. We were sprinkled with pixie dust that night!:wizard:

Woody at the Yacht Club:-)
Then the castmember who helped me over my fear of heights by using his humor. LOL

So many! The best has to be...
When I was 8 I was at EPCOT and I did my KKFS mask first then we went over to do future world. So we were at innoventions I was sitting and playing with this robo dog called the Aiobi. The two guys who were there were nice and funny, and I legit stayed there for an hour. Then they pointed out that there was picture taking for Disney Visa card holders at this room, of course I wanted to go, then I asked my mom for my autograph book...No where to be found. I started crying so hard. The two CMs said they would take me and my mom all over EPCOT to find my autograph book. And they did just that. We went into about 6 countries, and they asked if they've seen one, and we finally found it in the UK. GOD I WAS SO HAPPY. They then took me back to innoventions and I got to cut the line and take my pictures with Minnie and Mickey and get their Autograph. Then I asked for the CMS to come into the picture and if I could have their autograph. Haha.. My mom actually wrote to some higher authority in WDW and told them about the CMS and how great they were!

DD (4) loves to talk! While dining @ Biergarten she caught the ear of one of the hotesses and talked with her for a good 10 minutes. DD was quizzing her about the planets (which she is obsessed with). The CM was so sweet to her.

The CM disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a big wrapped gingerbread cookie and stickers for DD. DD was so happy that she made a new friend!

It was so nice and sweet! It made us all smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter