Club level

There were regular and chocolate croissants in January at PBH. I think the breakfast sandwiches also included croissants some mornings.

Hello! Any recent reviews of HRH Club level during COVID? Staying in June (triplets birthday/graduation trip) and it's an option we are considering for a fun family treat. Typically stay at HRH so we are familiar with the hotel, just have never tried Club level. Thanks!

I’m deciding between Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay. One of my kids is gluten-free. I reached out to both hotels and they said either one would be able to provide gluten-free options in the club lounge.

I do know targeted GF packaged options will be similar at both, but wondering what regular resort-specific options may be GF already. Or maybe have a larger amount of offerings increasing the chance of more things my kid can have. Has anyone stayed at either who has experience?

The price differential is not large, and we like both hotels, so I’m happy to stay at whichever might have more options.

I’m deciding between Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay. One of my kids is gluten-free. I reached out to both hotels and they said either one would be able to provide gluten-free options in the club lounge.

I do know targeted GF packaged options will be similar at both, but wondering what regular resort-specific options may be GF already. Or maybe have a larger amount of offerings increasing the chance of more things my kid can have. Has anyone stayed at either who has experience?

The price differential is not large, and we like both hotels, so I’m happy to stay at whichever might have more options.
My stays were all pre-covid, so I'm not sure what they are doing now, but in the past all the Universal CL's were great with GF. Though we are maybe not as particular as someone who is celiac.

For breakfast, we just stuck with regular line items that were GF, like fruit and yogurt. mid-day all the CL's had packaged items like chips. Potato chips, and other Frito-lay, I think. Portofino also had Nature Valley Granola bars Honey Oat (green package - I'm not sure they are certified GF). Soft drinks were always in cans, plus they had an array of tea options (like herbal teas). I also think they had hot chocolate packets, milk, and juice.

For appetizer hours, we mostly just opted to choose items that were GF: cheese, veggies, salads. Portofino had a rice pilaf one night. hey had green salad every day, so did RPH.

For desserts, they made a special GF dessert for us on nights were requested. They just asked if they make it, that we make sure to come get it before the lounge closed. They were not prepackaged.

Did people find they were able to get to the Club level breakfast and still get to the parks early enough to take advantage of the early entry less busy times? (We'll be at RPR in June)

Usually yes, in the before times. Not always at WDW though. On a few visits we grabbed a few items the day before and kept them in our room., or we came back tot eh hotel for the tail end of breakfast.

My stays were all pre-covid, so I'm not sure what they are doing now, but in the past all the Universal CL's were great with GF. Though we are maybe not as particular as someone who is celiac.

For breakfast, we just stuck with regular line items that were GF, like fruit and yogurt. mid-day all the CL's had packaged items like chips. Potato chips, and other Frito-lay, I think. Portofino also had Nature Valley Granola bars Honey Oat (green package - I'm not sure they are certified GF). Soft drinks were always in cans, plus they had an array of tea options (like herbal teas). I also think they had hot chocolate packets, milk, and juice.

For appetizer hours, we mostly just opted to choose items that were GF: cheese, veggies, salads. Portofino had a rice pilaf one night. hey had green salad every day, so did RPH.

For desserts, they made a special GF dessert for us on nights were requested. They just asked if they make it, that we make sure to come get it before the lounge closed. They were not prepackaged.

Thank you very much.

We just left RPR. Breakfast was fantastic. Continental. The afternoon snacks were very odd and served everyday we were there. There was strange Asian burritos and rice taco things.We used it for drinks mostly. I will use it again. I do wish they had more appetizing snacks.

My son and I are staying at PBH in a few weeks in a CL room. We went to UO once or twice every year when my kids were pre-teens/teens, but neither of us has been back for five years (college, daughter's wedding got in the way 💵💵💵). We already have our dinners planned out at our favorites (Lombard's, Mama's, Mythos), so we would most likely use the club for breakfast. Is the club open early enough to eat and catch the boat for EE on our second day there? Or would we better off taking some food the first day (we arrive at UO at 10:00 AM) and stashing it in our room for the EE day the next day?

My son and I are staying at PBH in a few weeks in a CL room. We went to UO once or twice every year when my kids were pre-teens/teens, but neither of us has been back for five years (college, daughter's wedding got in the way 💵💵💵). We already have our dinners planned out at our favorites (Lombard's, Mama's, Mythos), so we would most likely use the club for breakfast. Is the club open early enough to eat and catch the boat for EE on our second day there? Or would we better off taking some food the first day (we arrive at UO at 10:00 AM) and stashing it in our room for the EE day the next day?

For the next month, EE starts at 7am. That would make catching breakfast beforehand in the lounge pretty difficult. Your best bet would be to grab something the day before to keep in your room.

For the next month, EE starts at 7am. That would make catching breakfast beforehand in the lounge pretty difficult. Your best bet would be to grab something the day before to keep in your room.
Actually, I just looked at the calendar for our stay and it shows both IOA and USF not opening until 9:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday (4/17 & 4/18) of our stay, plus no posted hours yet for the Monday and Tuesday, 4/19 & 4/20. I would assume that EE would be at 8:00 AM. Do you think we could catch a quick bite at the Club and still make it to IOA for 8:00 AM opening? Or would we be better off just grabbing something at Croissant Moon Bakery on the way in?

Actually, I just looked at the calendar for our stay and it shows both IOA and USF not opening until 9:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday (4/17 & 4/18) of our stay, plus no posted hours yet for the Monday and Tuesday, 4/19 & 4/20. I would assume that EE would be at 8:00 AM. Do you think we could catch a quick bite at the Club and still make it to IOA for 8:00 AM opening? Or would we be better off just grabbing something at Croissant Moon Bakery on the way in?
I apologize, it does look like the EE times are later the farther you get into April. You could make it work in theory but I would still think it would be pretty rushed. It would probably be less stressful to just grab some food in the parks. With that said, you know your group best. My kids DO NOT move fast in the morning and we would never make it. That might not be the case for you. It just depends on what you want to prioritize for that morning.

If you are staying at a hotel with EP, rushing to get there for EPA doesn't seem worth it. However, if you have a good reason to get to the park that early, then it sounds as though clubs will be open and you could grab something to go at 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter