• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club Level Should I? Which Club level is your favorite?

POLL: Which club level is your favorite?

• Grand Floridian

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Poly

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Wilderness

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • other

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also living here as many perks for a Disney fan I get to experience all the seasons. And now we are entering the best time to be an Orlando resident. So in theory I don't have to stay at Disney it just makes it easier then having to make all of those round trips. In the end we might just save our money and stay at a value just to be with my brother and his family. But some day soon I'm going to stay at a club level.

The Poly lounge is beautiful, and it's location is very convenient. The food is the worst of any club level. The staff was wonderful when I was there.
that's why I am thinking that the extra $2-300 a night more for hors d'oeuvres is just very expensive. I have dining res for that time frame so I don't know that I would need anything from concierge?

I think the poly would be one of my top contenders just for the fact of watching mvmcp fireworks from that pov.

We were supposed to get a LV and ended up in a room that was also a TPV. The one night we got back early we were able to watch both Wishes and EWP from our room.

that's why I am thinking that the extra $2-300 a night more for hors d'oeuvres is just very expensive. I have dining res for that time frame so I don't know that I would need anything from concierge?

I always ask what am I looking for from a CL stay. You do not seem to need much other than location. In terms of space and food, I loved AKL CL. It was my very favorite, offering a location for me to enjoy morning coffee, as well as comfy seats to read in the afternoon when the lightweights in my party needed a nap. The lounge was spacious enough forr our group to congregate in the evening hours after returning from dinner.

For you, if you are just looking for location, and you can bring any libations or snacks easily because you are local, I would skip CL altogether and use the additional money to pay for view and space. With the baby you may need to return early, so I would book TPV at either the Grand or the Poly, because both offer grounds that are gorgeous. The Grand is my favorite during the Holidays, and I would look there, especially since you are planning a mainly resort stay. I woudl love the Main building. The entertainment in the Grand Lobby is splendid, and if you all are lucky you may get to see weddings, which are pretty darn sweet.

Grand or the Poly, because both offer grounds that are gorgeous. The Grand is my favorite during the Holidays, and I would look there, especially since you are planning a mainly resort stay. I woudl love the Main building. The entertainment in the Grand Lobby is splendid, and if you all are lucky you may get to see weddings, which are pretty darn sweet.
GF is my new favorite stayed last December. the tree is spectacular. But having stayed there last season I would love to stay @ BWI having never stayed there. Ans Flying fish is one of if not our favorite restaurants and the new digs and the food are better then ever. But I just love the GF

We nearly always use the lounge for breakfast, and after spending the morning in the parks, afternoon snacks. The breakfasts and snacks at the Poly are pretty lame. It's the same tired things each day with little to no variety. The other club levels have many more options and variety throughout your stay. The Poly appetizers are also pretty lame - especially if your party doesn't prefer seafood.

We loved the Contemporary lounge because the food there was pretty good. They seemed to vary the offerings and have quite a few more choices than the Poly. The view from the lounge for the Fireworks is spectacular. Of the two, we liked the CR a bit more. The pools were bigger and less crowded, the quick and easy access to MK.

Don't get me wrong, we did enjoy the Poly a lot!

GF is my new favorite stayed last December. the tree is spectacular. But having stayed there last season I would love to stay @ BWI having never stayed there. Ans Flying fish is one of if not our favorite restaurants and the new digs and the food are better then ever. But I just love the GF

I would think that location would be awesome as well. We stayed at the BC cl on a holiday stay and I loved it. That area is lively during the holidays and the dining is perfect. I have an ADR at FF too. It is s favorite of mine.

I was personally a bit disappointed in the Poly CL. The location is great, as others have said, its easy to grab a few things and head to the pool. The food was a little underwhelming to say the least. Oatmeal, cereal, and very basic continental for breakfast, you know the usual cardboard bagels and one toaster. The fruit plates were nice, but seldom replenished. Coffee was awful, but that's to be expected I guess. Also while the amount of tables is nice, the actual area is very cramped. Evening service was nice, although only two hot appetizers of Costco quality, but nice fruit and cheese plates. Desserts are the usual too, good cookies, while fancy stuff looked better than it tasted. A few staff members were excellent and friendly, but most were kind of phoning it in, not greeting anyone or talking amongst themselves ignoring the guests.
It's not on your list, and it's been a few years, but I really loved the AKL CL. It was a farther walk to the room, but the offerings were much more tasty and special. That was back in 2010 though, so I can't say what budget cuts they've went through.

We love CL. We have done CL at WL, BC and YC. Our favorite was WL. Their food selections were fabulous and varied versus the mainly fried food selection at BC and YC. The CL CM's at WL were absolutely outstanding as well, but I know that there have been staffing changes since 2012.

Next year, we are planning on Poly CL and I am very excited about that. :yay:

We really like having the extra space that the lounge offers and their breakfast offerings are perfect for us, since we are not huge breakfast people. Having snacks and drinks available for the kids at all times is wonderful. We will usually have a big TS meal and then snack on the evening CL offerings before heading out to a park and that is enough food for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter