Club Level- Contemporary or Beach Club?

outlander

<font color=green>I AM keeping my fingers crossed<
We found that we spend a good amount of time hanging out in the lounge and I'm wondering if one is much better than the other, i.e. more space, couches, better food (and drink!) selections?

Our CL experience is limited to BWI, so that is what I would compare to. Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions!

I have more experience with CR CL than I do BC CL, but like with all resorts and CLs, there are various differences and a mix of pros/cons. I'll give you my random opinions:

BC lounge is a bit bigger, arguably more cozy. It has a better layout for food service than CR.

CR lounge has an AMAZING view, BC lounge has no view.

You can watch HEA from the CR CL lounge balconies and the music is piped in. Nothing remotely similar at BC CL.

BC has a better food and beverage selection, CR is good but limited variety compared to other CLs. Personal opinion of course.

With CR Atrium Club your room will be on the 12th floor, so almost the top floor (great views with both the TPV and Standard view category). At BC you'll be on the top floor, but height doesn't matter all that much (generally speaking) at the Epcot resorts.

The BC lounge closes between services and over night, the CR lounge space is always open.

We have had really great CM experiences at CR - have always felt at home there.

ETA: They do play the somewhat annoying “modern jazz” background music in the CR CL lounge. Not exactly my favorite. (I acknowledge that’s a really picky comment)

Here are some CR CL food pics from this past September in case helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-589#post-58158505

Just one person’s opinion, but hope that is helpful.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thorough and thoughtful comparison @GADisneyDad14! I have read many threads on both resorts but wanted a direct, up to date comparison between the two. Thank you for doing this!!
Also, good to know about the music :rockband:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thorough and thoughtful comparison @GADisneyDad14! I have read many threads on both resorts but wanted a direct, up to date comparison between the two. Thank you for doing this!!
Also, good to know about the music :rockband:

FYI, you may want to pose your question in the Club Level thread as well: Disney's Club Level (CL) Information and Questions

You may get some more folks with various opinions/thoughts. Happy planning!

I recently stayed BC CL and I have to say the staff, food, and lounge overall were great. Having said that, if you can get CR CL I would go for it. It certainly is on my bucket list.

I recently stayed BC CL and I have to say the staff, food, and lounge overall were great. Having said that, if you can get CR CL I would go for it. It certainly is on my bucket list.
I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience at BC. I am so torn. My husband wants to do BC and I want CR :crazy:

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience at BC. I am so torn. My husband wants to do BC and I want CR :crazy:
Personally, if you can afford CR CL now...do it. There may be a day when that isn't as easy to say so why not. BC CL will be there and for quite a bit less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter