• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

So, my husband spoke with our broker this week and we found out that we are purchasing from a divorced couple, one of them signed and returned the closing documents right away, the other has yet to sign. She has until July 19th. Why would you agree on our offer if you're going to do something like this? I'm so frustrated and disappointed. The broker told us if she doesn't sign by July 19, we can pull out of the sale without any penalty. So, we'll just lose 2 months worth of time. No big deal, right??:(
Oh no, I hate to hear of someone else going through something like this! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the seller will sign!! Had you already sent in your funds for this contract? It really stinks that seller's can do this. :(

Yes when I checked the county comptroller's site I recorded 6/23 so you should be in there too.
I believe it said press 2 if you arent trying to book some member get together, then it was 1 to book a trip 2 to change your account and 3 for accounting. I pressed 1. It goes through a bunch of options- new res, change res, etc... I just pressed zero. Itll ring thru and then It asks for your info. I entered whatever it asked (phone number, zip code, last 4 of ssn) and then got to a cast member. Once I got them, I just explained I never got my welcome packet and was looking to get my info so I could get into the website. They go thru the id questions- name, phone number, address, email, which resort and #of points you bought- then they gave me the info.

Just tried calling and the CM said that we are not in the system yet.:sad: ;( Just one delay after another. She really seemed like if I was there should would have given me my number... but who really knows. :mad:

I was a little disappointed how little availability there was for the weeks I was looking at going (early november to wdw and I was too early for my early march trip to aulani), I may end up having to swap the two trips to make the dates work better. Anyway, good luck, I had 3 different people all be very helpful and no one ever said they couldnt do it.

Good Luck on getting your trip booked. I am trying to do an Aulani trip in the fall.

we closed the 27th deed was recorded the 28th !! Nothing in todays mail but I am hoping mon or tuesday!! Monday puts us at 60 days

For those looking for more timeline info...

Today 7/15 we received our physical title in the mail from Old Republic National Title Insurance Company. This should be the final step in the process. Paperwork says it was e-recorded with the county on 6/24. Received our points into our account on Tuesday 7/12.

Edited to report that our member number arrived today 7/16. Since it is the exact same number we have had for nearly 7 years I wasn't expecting the letter. :)

Last edited:

Got our points into our account today.
Final timeline:
4/8 Offer accepted
4/12 Entered ROFR
5/6 Passed ROFR
5/9 Estoppel
6/6 Received Closing Documents with errors
6/14 Rcvd Corrected Closing Documents
6/22 Sent Docs back with certified check
6/28 Closed
7/12 Rcvd Title
7/15 Points loaded to our account

Approx 3 months total when you consider we delayed returning our documents a week when I was away on a business trip

Called today and they gave me my member id which is apparently different from my member number lol. All logged in and ready to book a trip now! Woo hoo! What a long drawn out process this has been lol.
I have always had great luck getting very helpful people. I just press the number to book a vacation and then hit 0. Once I get a person they are able to look it up no problem although they do ask for a ton of info to verify you are you.
FINALLY!! Welcome Home!!:welcome::dogdance:

Oh no, I hate to hear of someone else going through something like this! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the seller will sign!! Had you already sent in your funds for this contract? It really stinks that seller's can do this.

Yes, they received our funds on June 23. I'm so down about this and can hardly stand the thought of starting the process over. :(

I tried calling and all it did was stress me out lol. I do not think they understood what I wanted. Told me hey had no info on me and that my broker should have my member number.

So I called back and got put on hold, about 15 mins, finally someone came on the phone and POOF the electric went out ..disconnected us. (bad storms in lakeland)

Ya third time is not a charm I will wait a few more days.

Closed June 27
Deed recorded June 28

I tried calling and all it did was stress me out lol. I do not think they understood what I wanted. Told me hey had no info on me and that my broker should have my member number.

So I called back and got put on hold, about 15 mins, finally someone came on the phone and POOF the electric went out ..disconnected us. (bad storms in lakeland)

Ya third time is not a charm I will wait a few more days.

Closed June 27
Deed recorded June 28

I know what you mean as I feel the same way. All they tell me is that I am not in the system :badpc: at all. If it is not in the mail today then I will try and give them another call tomorrow. I am just trying to stay positive.

So, I'm breathing a sigh of relief! After 20 days our broker FINALLY received the ex-wife seller's signed papers! Now just the wait for the deed to be recorded and DVC to send us our member nunber!!:cool1:
Great to hear that NormaG, congratulations!!

The waiting is driving me nuts...I can't decide if I'm better not calling or calling to see if they could give me my member #... I'm trying desperately not to scare the mailman while I meet him at the mailbox everyday

I broke down and called member services AGAIN yesterday

and I spelled my last name out THREE times

and YES we are in process (whatever the heck that means)

just called the member number and was told they transferred the points on Saturday (7/16) and mailed my packet out on Monday (7/18). Deed was recorded on 6/28, so it looks like it's taking a little more than 3 weeks to receive member packet in the mail after deed recorded.

The waiting is driving me nuts...I can't decide if I'm better not calling or calling to see if they could give me my member #... I'm trying desperately not to scare the mailman while I meet him at the mailbox everyday
Me too. My husband says that this is the only time that I have consistently retrieved the mail on a daily basis. lol

just called the member number and was told they transferred the points on Saturday (7/16) and mailed my packet out on Monday (7/18). Deed was recorded on 6/28, so it looks like it's taking a little more than 3 weeks to receive member packet in the mail after deed recorded.
Would they give you your member id number?

Would they give you your member id number?
I didn't ask since she said that I'd have to call a different department to get the activation code (which is needed to setup your online account). The lady was really nice though. She just wanted to know the contract number (shows up on the ROFR document from Disney) and from that, she was able to tell me when the account was setup, points transferred, and when they mailed the documents.

She did mention that one of the reasons they do all this by snail mail is b/c it gives their system enough time to actually transfer the points to the new account by the time the packet shows up at your front door.

Regarding membership cards -- she was under the impression that post 4/4 members will still get the same looking membership card -- but it will be coded such that the system knows the membership was due to resale post 4/4.

I didn't ask since she said that I'd have to call a different department to get the activation code (which is needed to setup your online account). The lady was really nice though. She just wanted to know the contract number (shows up on the ROFR document from Disney) and from that, she was able to tell me when the account was setup, points transferred, and when they mailed the documents.

She did mention that one of the reasons they do all this by snail mail is b/c it gives their system enough time to actually transfer the points to the new account by the time the packet shows up at your front door.

Regarding membership cards -- she was under the impression that post 4/4 members will still get the same looking membership card -- but it will be coded such that the system knows the membership was due to resale post 4/4.

That is basically the same thing that I was told today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter