• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Timeline through closing:

Sent 4/25
Passed ROFR 5/18
Estoppel Received 6/9
Closing Docs Rec'd 6/15 (title company forgot to send)
Wired Funds 6/16
Closed 7/5 (sellers were on vacation)

...on to member #!

Thanks everyone! I pray that getting the money refunded won't be a big deal and the next contract has no bumps. Can I ask what company you all are using? Anyone use dvcbyresale.com or dvcresalemarket.com? Shopping around now
dvcresalemarket.com has been very easy to deal with. I also feel like they have an easy site to navigate and their pricing is fair.
I didn't by from **********.com, but I had similar feelings about my interactions with them and their site.

So...it's been 7 days since we closed. Too soon to start calling to see about membership number?
You could call up to see if it was transferred, I would check the county register of deeds to make sure your deed was recorded first. I tried multiple times even after it was transferred to get the number over the phone, but I couldn't get my membership number.

You could call up to see if it was transferred, I would check the county register of deeds to make sure your deed was recorded first. I tried multiple times even after it was transferred to get the number over the phone, but I couldn't get my membership number.

Confirmed the deed was recorded on 7/7. I'll call them sometime today just to see what's going on. Doesn't sound like they are too keen to give the membership number over the phone from what I've been reading, but maybe I'll get lucky.

The CM and the manager stated "we don't give out membership numbers over the phone", I was pretty insistent on getting it and they wouldn't give it to me. We were going on a week vacation and wanted to get it to look around on the reservation website while on vacation. But I guess we will have to wait, just stinks because we are in our 11 month window for our vacation next spring. I explained this to them, to no avail.

The CM and the manager stated "we don't give out membership numbers over the phone", I was pretty insistent on getting it and they wouldn't give it to me. We were going on a week vacation and wanted to get it to look around on the reservation website while on vacation. But I guess we will have to wait, just stinks because we are in our 11 month window for our vacation next spring. I explained this to them, to no avail.

Just called and all I got was "a letter will be mailed 30 days after closing and you'll know it's been transferred. Have a magical day."

Yeah, it gets very frustrating waiting, we are in our 11 month window for booking a vacation for next June and have to wait for our membership number to come in the mail, because this is our first DVC contract.
We are waiting to book next June too! Good Luck!!!

Just called and all I got was "a letter will be mailed 30 days after closing and you'll know it's been transferred. Have a magical day."
What # did you call? Because when I called last week, they were really helpful and sounded like they would give me the number when it was transferred. It might depend on who you talk to! Good luck.

Ours recorded on the comptroller's site 6/24 and we still haven't received a member number. Maybe I'll try calling again today (I tried last Friday and they told me it wasnt in the system yet). Do you get any notification when the packet is sent or does it just show up?

I called the main DVC number at 800-800-9800 ext 2 for member administration. They might tell you if it is transferred and your member packet was mailed. But.... They said it was mailed last Tuesday and it had not arrived by Saturday..... Doesn't take US mail 5 days anywhere in the continental US to arrive. So take anything they say about mailing with a grain of salt.

What # did you call? Because when I called last week, they were really helpful and sounded like they would give me the number when it was transferred. It might depend on who you talk to! Good luck.

Same one below:

I called the main DVC number at 800-800-9800 ext 2 for member administration. They might tell you if it is transferred and your member packet was mailed. But.... They said it was mailed last Tuesday and it had not arrived by Saturday..... Doesn't take US mail 5 days anywhere in the continental US to arrive. So take anything they say about mailing with a grain of salt.

It may have been my line of questioning - I asked if they could tell me if the contract had been transferred and the CM gave me the line telling me it would be mailed. I'm in no critical hurry - we would like to try to book a 1BR at BWV (home resort) next May, but I'm hoping there's still availability?

Ours recorded on the comptroller's site 6/24 and we still haven't received a member number. Maybe I'll try calling again today (I tried last Friday and they told me it wasnt in the system yet). Do you get any notification when the packet is sent or does it just show up?
That's worth a call, Supplanter...

Cards finally came. Mine came on Monday and my wife's yesterday.

Passed ROFR 4/13
Closing docs received 5/6
Closing docs sent 5/7
Closed 5/10
Deed recorded 5/11
Welcome Package (Points Book) 5/26
Membership number 5/28
ID Cards.......7/10

Membership card was as expected so no problems with being grandfathered for benefits rule change. Now to wait for my first trip next year!

Cards finally came. Mine came on Monday and my wife's yesterday.

Passed ROFR 4/13
Closing docs received 5/6
Closing docs sent 5/7
Closed 5/10
Deed recorded 5/11
Welcome Package (Points Book) 5/26
Membership number 5/28
ID Cards.......7/10

Membership card was as expected so no problems with being grandfathered for benefits rule change. Now to wait for my first trip next year!

Is the membership card the indicator of who is really in the "club" and who is just a DVC purchaser (post 4/4/16)?

Is the membership card the indicator of who is really in the "club" and who is just a DVC purchaser (post 4/4/16)?

The DVC organization recently changed the policy about member benefits. If you purchase directly you will receive all the benefits of membership including the disney adventures, disney collection, DCL Cruise and RCI Exchange programs. As well you also receive the dining and merchandise discounts, annual pass discounts, and access to many DVC events and partys.

If you buy as a resale now, you lose access to everything except the RCI Exchange. Those members will not have access to the partys and special events supposedly but everyone is still waiting to see how much they plan to exclude everyone from as this only was changed in April and anyone with accepted offers were grandfathered.

The DVC organization recently changed the policy about member benefits. If you purchase directly you will receive all the benefits of membership including the disney adventures, disney collection, DCL Cruise and RCI Exchange programs. As well you also receive the dining and merchandise discounts, annual pass discounts, and access to many DVC events and partys.

If you buy as a resale now, you lose access to everything except the RCI Exchange. Those members will not have access to the partys and special events supposedly but everyone is still waiting to see how much they plan to exclude everyone from as this only was changed in April and anyone with accepted offers were grandfathered.

I wasn't very clear with my question. I understand that as a post April 4th purchaser via resale that I no longer have access to full member benefits. Do I still receive a membership card or do you only receive the card if you purchase direct or if you made your purchase prior to April 4, 2016?

Same one below:

It may have been my line of questioning - I asked if they could tell me if the contract had been transferred and the CM gave me the line telling me it would be mailed. I'm in no critical hurry - we would like to try to book a 1BR at BWV (home resort) next May, but I'm hoping there's still availability?

We are definitely booking a trip for next June with our three kids & my husband's parents, brother, and sister, but I am trying to convince the hubby to take a trip in December with just us and the kids. Fingers crossed.

I can't wait to get ours. We closed June 30th! Dying to get my number. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter