• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Have they been banked or borrowed? If not, they'll usually allow you a one-time exception and allow you to bank them until next year. If they've already been banked or borrowed, however, you'll have to use them by 8/31. Depending on how many points it is, you can exchange them into RCI (which will give you 2 years, I believe, to redeem them for an RCI property.)
They are banked points. Forgive my ignorance but what is RCI?

Starting to feel discouraged.
Sent to ROFR 5/18
Passed ROFR 6/8
Received closing documents 6/16
Returned signed documents and funds 6/21
Notified that funds were received 6/23
Have heard nothing since then. My husband tried contacting the person he's been dealing with and they are out for the office until July 11.

Starting to feel discouraged.
Sent to ROFR 5/18
Passed ROFR 6/8
Received closing documents 6/16
Returned signed documents and funds 6/21
Notified that funds were received 6/23
Have heard nothing since then. My husband tried contacting the person he's been dealing with and they are out for the office until July 11.

NormaG - You can try checking the county register of deeds at http://www.occompt.com/ to see if you have closed on your DVC contract.

I have checked it numerous times. :(
You seem to be about a week behind us in the process, sorry your dealer isn't in contact with you, do you know who the lawyer is doing the paperwork?
Ours was pretty good about contacting us, at least the Legal Aide was....

Thanks, I just called. The wonderfully nice woman at Member Administration told me that they transfer team is currently working on contracts that they received on June 23rd. Just FYI for anyone else who is waiting.

How do you know when they receive the contract? We closed on 6/14 and haven't received our member number yet. We've been anxiously waiting!!

How do you know when they receive the contract? We closed on 6/14 and haven't received our member number yet. We've been anxiously waiting!!
You can call DVC direct at 800-800-9800 Ext 2, and talk to them about when the Deed was transferred. Do you know if your Deed has been recorded on the county website?

You can call DVC direct at 800-800-9800 Ext 2, and talk to them about when the Deed was transferred. Do you know if your Deed has been recorded on the county website?

Yes, it was recorded the next day, 6/15. The last time we called Disney was last Friday, and they still didn't see us in the system. We will try today if nothing comes in the mail!

Yes, it was recorded the next day, 6/15. The last time we called Disney was last Friday, and they still didn't see us in the system. We will try today if nothing comes in the mail!
Yeah, it gets very frustrating waiting, we are in our 11 month window for booking a vacation for next June and have to wait for our membership number to come in the mail, because this is our first DVC contract.

Yeah, it gets very frustrating waiting, we are in our 11 month window for booking a vacation for next June and have to wait for our membership number to come in the mail, because this is our first DVC contract.

This is our first DVC contract as well. We're looking to book a September trip...we already know availability will be slim and will have to piece together a trip in all different resorts! I wish we had our membership number already so we could see what we have to work with!

If your title company is Magic Vacation Tiltle ( the company I am using) I got the same message. There was a fire in their offices and they are closed until next week.

Yes, this is our title company. My husband has been dealing with all of this. I guess that would explain the "Out until July 11." Everything to this point has gone so smoothly and quickly that this has thrown me off. I'm running the Dopey Challenge Marathon Weekend 2017 and I'm starting to get anxious about my Resort reservations, which I haven't made because we're waiting on this to go through. I'm really wanting my first stay as a DVC member to be at our home resort, which happens to be my favorite resort. Patience is not one of my strong virtues. :/

Yes, this is our title company. My husband has been dealing with all of this. I guess that would explain the "Out until July 11." Everything to this point has gone so smoothly and quickly that this has thrown me off. I'm running the Dopey Challenge Marathon Weekend 2017 and I'm starting to get anxious about my Resort reservations, which I haven't made because we're waiting on this to go through. I'm really wanting my first stay as a DVC member to be at our home resort, which happens to be my favorite resort. Patience is not one of my strong virtues. :/

We closed this week and are now waiting on member #. I'm running Goofy and hope to be able to book DVC for race weekend, but I've already booked 4 nights as All-Star Sports as a fall back.

Still waiting on the seller to send in documents! Everything has been so smooth up until this point. My funds and documents were sent back on the 16th. What in the world could be taking them so long??
An update....after waiting all this time, the sellers finally sent an email today that they were having 2nd thoughts about selling??!! WTH, I understand contracts fall through, but I think it's awfully dirty to string someone along since April if they were having 2nd thoughts! I sent all funds in on June 16. They have until the end of the week to let us know something, otherwise we are under no further obligation and can walk away. Not feeling very hopeful and very disappointed.

An update....after waiting all this time, the sellers finally sent an email today that they were having 2nd thoughts about selling??!! WTH, I understand contracts fall through, but I think it's awfully dirty to string someone along since April if they were having 2nd thoughts! I sent all funds in on June 16. They have until the end of the week to let us know something, otherwise we are under no further obligation and can walk away. Not feeling very hopeful and very disappointed.
Sorry to hear that Deb, hope they keep to the contract they signed.... Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter