• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Approx how long after closing for new contract (different use year, different home) does it take to be added to existing membership online?

I can see the contract on my account now! The points aren't loaded for booking yet though. Hopefully soon!!!!

Good news! Thanks for reporting. Today is day 12 after recording with the county for me. I am really looking forward to seeing that contract show up in our account. Maybe today is the day.....

Received confirmation from the title company that we have officially closed and Disney has been notified of the change of ownership.

Here's our timeline:

Offer made/accepted: 5/11
Documents signed and sent: 5/12
Passed ROFR: 6/3 (22 days to pass)
Estoppel/Closing docs received: 6/29
Closing docs returned with funds: 6/30
Closed: 7/6
Total time from offer to close: 56 days

Now the final wait for the membership number and points begins.

I sent my closing docs and fund. They would of got there today at magic vacation title. They weren't delivered because they are closed due to an electrical fire. Hopefully open tomorrow. Hope everyone was fine. Hope I'll be closing soon.

Closed on 6/13, still no member number. I keep calling. Points expire on 8/30. Is it normal to take this long? Any way Disney can extend the points?

150 Points VGF $145 per point

Submitted 4/7/2016
Passed 5/3/2016
Received closing documents 6/8/2016
Notification the closing documents and funds were received 6/17/2016
Closed 6/17/2016
Deed recorded 6/21/2016
Disney transfer 7/5/2016

Waiting for my membership number!

Purchased points are finally showing up on our account! Closing and paperwork sent to Disney was on 6/17 and it appeared on their website today (7/7)

Sent for ROFR: 5/2
Passed ROFR: 5/27
Received closing docs: 6/15
Closing Docs received by ***: 6/17
Closed: 6/20
Deed Recorded: 6/21
Contract Added to my DVC account: 7/5
Points loaded into my account for booking: Afternoon of 7/6

Yay! I am finally done!!!!!!!! I booked at my home resort (VGF) for most of the rest of my next vacation, but had to waitlist one day. I'm on another vacation somewhere else, so no clue if I have received any snail mail from DVC about it. I did get a random e-mail welcoming me to the club the day before I saw my contract loaded.Good luck to you all!

Closed on 6/13, still no member number. I keep calling. Points expire on 8/30. Is it normal to take this long? Any way Disney can extend the points?

Have they been banked or borrowed? If not, they'll usually allow you a one-time exception and allow you to bank them until next year. If they've already been banked or borrowed, however, you'll have to use them by 8/31. Depending on how many points it is, you can exchange them into RCI (which will give you 2 years, I believe, to redeem them for an RCI property.)

Call Disney and ask for status. They were able to see that someone worked my purchase points request before they were even viewable on the web.
Thanks, I just called. The wonderfully nice woman at Member Administration told me that they transfer team is currently working on contracts that they received on June 23rd. Just FYI for anyone else who is waiting.

Thanks, I just called. The wonderfully nice woman at Member Administration told me that they transfer team is currently working on contracts that they received on June 23rd. Just FYI for anyone else who is waiting.

This puts us on pace for July 21st or 22nd, which is about what I estimated. Good info, thanks!

200 Points BLT $111 per point

Submitted 5/19
Passed 6/8
Received closing documents 6/23
Sent signed closing documents and fund 6/24
Notification the closing documents and funds were received 6/28
Closed 6/30

Now to wait for my membership number! Can't wait to book our first trip as DVC owners.

What title company did u use. Thanks

Just got off the phone with Disney trying to chase our membership number - we closed on 6/23 and they got it on 6/24. Not processed yet, but they said they were currently processing 6/22... Maybe tomorrow but should be next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter