• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Still waiting on the seller to send in documents! Everything has been so smooth up until this point. My funds and documents were sent back on the 16th. What in the world could be taking them so long??

Still waiting on the seller to send in documents! Everything has been so smooth up until this point. My funds and documents were sent back on the 16th. What in the world could be taking them so long??

That's what happened to us. We retuned our documents and money on 6/14, sellers finally returned theirs on 6/24 only to find out one of the documents had to be redone. We finally closed yesterday. I emailed daily asking for updates, it was so frustrating! Hang in there! Maybe they're on vacation :/

The contract number you'll get will be different than the seller's contract number, which you won't have until you get the membership number. I'd just ask if they can look up your member number for you.

That's what I thought. So, if I give them the contract number I have they never will see my name on it. I will try again tomorrow.

Just got word that we are officially closed! So now the next long wait. This one already feels like the most painful. I can't wait to log in and see my points in my account.

Here's my timeline.
Sent 5/17
June 8 passed ROFR
Closing docs received 6/20
Closed 6/30

Second purchase, sold the first one.

Sent 4/25
Passed 5/18
Closing Docs 6/15
Closed 6/22

Last time I was able to call 4-5 times and get the member number. This time I think I'm going to wait...no points until 12/1 anyway!

We also closed and its already recorded with Orange County!

YA YA now to play the waiting game ONE. Last. Time.

Come on Disney get me my membership packet and number!!

We also used dvc resale and magic vacation title. How can I check to see if we're recorded with Orange County yet? We closed on this Tuesday.

Once it's been recorded with the county, how long after does it take to get the member number?

The email we got said 20 to 25 days argh this is the HARDEST part!!!

Ugh!! We have 2015 points the sellers didn't bank but have to be banked by 7/31 or they're gone. I emailed our broker, he said if I don't have the packet by 7/20 to call. More waiting I guess. Fingers crossed we get our numbers sooner! Good luck!

200 Points BLT $111 per point

Submitted 5/19
Passed 6/8
Received closing documents 6/23
Sent signed closing documents and fund 6/24
Notification the closing documents and funds were received 6/28
Closed 6/30

Now to wait for my membership number! Can't wait to book our first trip as DVC owners.

Submitted 5/29
Passed 6/22
Received closing document 7/1

How much longer will it take. I will try and send the document/funds back tomorrow or I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Thanks

Second purchase, sold the first one.

Sent 4/25
Passed 5/18
Closing Docs 6/15
Closed 6/22

Last time I was able to call 4-5 times and get the member number. This time I think I'm going to wait...no points until 12/1 anyway!
Was that your VWL property?

Finally!!

Sent to ROFR: 3/31
Passed: 4/21
Received docs: 5/31
Closed: 6/8
Receiced mail with member #: 7/4

Almost a month from closing to receive member # in Spain (if someone in Europe are looking for a timeline).

Here my timeline:

Offer made, accepted, and paperwork filed 4/9
Addendum filed 4/18 (typo in original paperwork from broker)
ROFR passed 5/13
Closing docs received 6/10
Closing docs and payment sent 6/16
Closed 7/5

Any idea when I can expect my membership number? Looking to book for early March so I'm hoping it's not too much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter