Closing Time!!

I've read that many people have better luck by just calling MS on the weekend. Not true?

Oh, I don't know, I hadn't seen that. Everyone seems to call member accounting, and when I once tried that shortly after 5 pm, I got a message with their hours.

By all means, give it a try! It's not like my methods have been successful so far.

What's so irritating is that we all had to pay dues on points we received. Mine have been paid since first week of December. Deed recorded 01/14. I haven't tried calling yet for this one. I tried on an earlier resale I bought and no luck! :confused3

I have given up calling and looking for my member number for the contract I closed on over a month ago. I got the same packet with Magnets and "Sample" contracts, but they refused to give me my number or set up my web account. They did tell me today it might be delayed due to the new member cards being sent out this year, and we were being lumped into the bulk mailing. Oh well it will eventually show up but I have never heard of a policy so strange. What if I lose my card in the future, I guess I am out of luck.

We closed!

Closed: 12/31
Deed recorded: 1/4

Got my member number in the mail today! Called and set up my account and made first reservation tonight. Almost exactly 3 months from offer to getting points. I had tried calling last week and they wouldn't tell me the number over the phone.

Got my member number in the mail today! Called and set up my account and made first reservation tonight. Almost exactly 3 months from offer to getting points. I had tried calling last week and they wouldn't tell me the number over the phone.
Just out of curiosity, what was the date on the member letter?

:( I might try again this afternoon, if I get time. It seems to be a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" sort of thing, unfortunately.
Did you get a chance to call? If so, how'd it pan out? I'm too scared to call for fear of another rejection. When I build up the confidence again, I will try again.

Just called and talked to a very helpful woman. The deed was recorded on 1/13 and she said they received 1/15, but it's still under seller's name.
She said to expect the membership number and packet by end if first week of February.

Just called and talked to a very helpful woman. The deed was recorded on 1/13 and she said they received 1/15, but it's still under seller's name.
She said to expect the membership number and packet by end if first week of February.

Good to know, thanks. So they could find you in the system? Did you talk to accounting? Administration?

I first talked to accounting then transferred to administration who told me the info.

I first talked to accounting then transferred to administration who told me the info.

Thanks. I'm trying to be patient and trying to wait for snail mail. I wonder if it's just better to go straight to Administration to get this info.

So I finally built the courage to call again. We are still not in the system. The nice lady we spoke to in Accounting tried to look us up and didn't find us. She mentioned it could still be under the seller's name. She looked them up and lo and behold it's still under their name. :mad:

She was very nice and trasnferred me to Administration and the nice lady there was able to look up the contract as well. She mentioned that they only received closing docs on January 21 - two weeks after we closed! She said they are processed in the order they are received and that it should be in the system 2-3 after the closing docs are received. I'm upset that the title company took this long to send it over, but at least I have a better idea as to when we might be able to get our number.

Ah well. Pixie dust to all those still waiting for theirs!

So I finally built the courage to call again. We are still not in the system. The nice lady we spoke to in Accounting tried to look us up and didn't find us. She mentioned it could still be under the seller's name. She looked them up and lo and behold it's still under their name. :mad:

She was very nice and trasnferred me to Administration and the nice lady there was able to look up the contract as well. She mentioned that they only received closing docs on January 21 - two weeks after we closed! She said they are processed in the order they are received and that it should be in the system 2-3 after the closing docs are received. I'm upset that the title company took this long to send it over, but at least I have a better idea as to when we might be able to get our number.

Ah well. Pixie dust to all those still waiting for theirs!

I'm glad you were finally able to get some useful information, even it if wasn't what you were hoping to hear! I wonder if that's what happened to our contract too. The closing company certainly took their time with the rest of it, so it wouldn't surprise me. It's the not knowing that's the worst part - after waiting patiently for two or three weeks (not to mention the several months to close), to think "is it today?" over and over, just to be repeatedly disappointed is disheartening. At least if you know not to expect it for another week or two, you can put it out of your mind for a bit.

For my part, I called again this afternoon and finally met with success! :cheer2: I'm all set up now and my first reservation is booked. So hang in there - yours will come through soon too!

By the way, I did just call straight to Member Administration today, and that's where I got my information. Seems they're a better bet than accounting right now.

My final timeline:

Offer accepted - 9/21
Submitted to ROFR - 9/29
Passed ROFR - 10/16
Received closing docs - 12/07
Returned closing docs - 12/17
Notified of closing and deed recorded - 12/29
Received member package (point charts) - 01/13
Received online activation code (email) - 01/25
Obtained Club ID / membership number (by phone) - 01/28

So a day short of 4 months from ROFR submission to account access, and a little over 4 months for the full process. Phew. Glad that's over.

So a day short of 4 months from ROFR submission to account access, and a little over 4 months for the full process. Phew. Glad that's over.

Hooray for you! Glad you were finally able to get your number and book your stay!

I swear I have new grey hairs because of this entire process.

Congrats.......so I am at day 32 waiting on *** to get estoppel........after you received your closing documents, it was another 53 days until you could make a reservation. I am so encouraged !?!?! :hourglass

Congrats.......so I am at day 32 waiting on *** to get estoppel........after you received your closing documents, it was another 53 days until you could make a reservation. I am so encouraged !?!?! :hourglass

FWIW, my closing company was TT&M. Maybe *** will be faster? At least a little bit?

In fairness, it took me a little over a week to get my closing documents back (I had to drive to my US bank, which is 3 hours away), and then there was Christmas. So that probably slowed things down a bit. But mostly it seems to be up to the closing company, and a good bit of luck. I hope some comes your way!

I just received an email from *** stating that Disney sent out a mass email yesterday stating they will be releasing estoppel information two weeks prior to the scheduled closing. *** does not know if this applies to all request in their system or is effective with a request date forward.

I just received an email from *** stating that Disney sent out a mass email yesterday stating they will be releasing estoppel information two weeks prior to the scheduled closing. *** does not know if this applies to all request in their system or is effective with a request date forward.

Was *** one of the slower title companies? I fortunately used VWT, and I received closing docs a week after passing ROFR. Maybe *** is saying that so they can get people to stop calling about closing? Did they give you a closing date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter