• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to request to be very close to a smoking area at the Poly for a garden view room ?

Tokelau...Room #1940 was PERFECT! Entering the building from the side of the parking lot the room was the 2nd on the left; had a view of the quiet pool and was soooo close to the DSA I have pictured below. There was also a DSA to the left when exiting the building, following the path about 1/3 of "the building" away. Not as close as the other but a little more "out of the way". I LOVED this area; if, no WHEN, we visit the Poly again I'll request the same area! :lovestruc

232323232fp5363__nu3239_3_5_8_5_232_3_599644ot1lsi.jpg
:tink:

Tokelau...Room #1940 was PERFECT! Entering the building from the side of the parking lot the room was the 2nd on the left; had a view of the quiet pool and was soooo close to the DSA I have pictured below. There was also a DSA to the left when exiting the building, following the path about 1/3 of "the building" away. Not as close as the other but a little more "out of the way". I LOVED this area; if, no WHEN, we visit the Poly again I'll request the same area! :lovestruc

232323232fp5363__nu3239_3_5_8_5_232_3_599644ot1lsi.jpg
:tink:

Wow thank you ! It looks like a really nice smoking area, thanks for the photo :thumbsup2 I wonder if you can request a certain room number ? If I call to request I'm not sure how you even say Tokelau :0

Is there a number to call WDW and voice our opinios about the dissapearing DSA's?As another poster said this will just cause more non compliance!!!

Wow thank you ! It looks like a really nice smoking area, thanks for the photo :thumbsup2 I wonder if you can request a certain room number ? If I call to request I'm not sure how you even say Tokelau :0

Pronunciation: Tow-key-law. ;)

Pronunciation: Tow-key-law. ;)

Good luck MARYJ11...I really, REALLY liked this area! Short walk to GCH; volcano pool a short distance, bus stop very close and, while the walk to the TTC was kinda long...it's soooo beautiful! DD and her family had a room on the other end of the building, 3rd floor~Room #3917, that had a beautiful view too.

232323232fp53632_nu32_5_987_7_4_WSNRCG3238__282569nu0mrj.jpg

Wasn't as close to the DSA in my photo but (not counting the elevator ride) closer to the other DSA I mentioned. That would be my second choice. :tink:

Good luck MARYJ11...I really, REALLY liked this area! Short walk to GCH; volcano pool a short distance, bus stop very close and, while the walk to the TTC was kinda long...it's soooo beautiful! DD and her family had a room on the other end of the building, 3rd floor~Room #3917, that had a beautiful view too.

232323232fp53632_nu32_5_987_7_4_WSNRCG3238__282569nu0mrj.jpg

Wasn't as close to the DSA in my photo but (not counting the elevator ride) closer to the other DSA I mentioned. That would be my second choice. :tink:

Thanks for the information and the photos, I always love seeing the photos. Right now we are booked to stay at POFQ but we are thinking of changing to Poly. We have only stayed at one deluxe which was WL, but Poly would be my first choice among the deluxe resorts. I have always wanted to stay there.

Can anyone tell me where the DSA's are at the dolphin? I don't see them on the map. We stayed at the swan two yrs ago & found a courtyard there. We went to the pool, I asked a bar tender & he told me any where outside. We want to make sure this is the case, we would not want to offend anyone!!
TIA! :)

Can anyone tell me where the DSA's are at the dolphin? I don't see them on the map. We stayed at the swan two yrs ago & found a courtyard there. We went to the pool, I asked a bar tender & he told me any where outside. We want to make sure this is the case, we would not want to offend anyone!!
TIA! :)

Anyone?? I'm leaving today any input would be great!!!

I googled it for you and found this from disneyworld.com.

It is a smoke-free Resort; smoking is permitted only in designated outdoor smoking locations.

I couldn't find a map with the areas but just know that there are smoking sections. :thumbsup2

I googled it for you and found this from disneyworld.com.

It is a smoke-free Resort; smoking is permitted only in designated outdoor smoking locations.

I couldn't find a map with the areas but just know that there are smoking sections. :thumbsup2

Thank you!! :)

Found this on their website:
Smoking Policy
The Walt Disney World Dolphin is proud to offer a refreshing, smoke- free environment to our guests. Designated smoking locations are available directly off main lobby. Smoking on guest room and balconies is strictly prohibited. A $200 cleaning fee will be added to your bill if it is apparent that smoking occurred in the guest room or on the balcony.

Why doesnt Disney just have smoking and non smoking buildings ? It would make things alot easier :confused: Or at least allow some buildings to be able to smoke outside your door

Why doesnt Disney just have smoking and non smoking buildings ? It would make things alot easier :confused: Or at least allow some buildings to be able to smoke outside your door

Up until a couple years ago they did.

Disney would never segregate people like that.

Up until a couple years ago they did.

I think they also don't want empty rooms. It is much harder to fill 2 categories of room when there is no way that most non smokers will accept one if there is nothing left, than it is to persuade someone to consider paying a little more for a preferred view/location, if that makes sense. As long as they keep the DSA's in the resorts and parks and I get to continue to enjoy my cigarette and coffee and meeting lots of wonderful people, I am happy.

I think one of the things I would miss the most if I quit is definitely the social time and great folk I have met as we crossed paths for a nicotine fix. :goodvibes

I think they also don't want empty rooms. It is much harder to fill 2 categories of room when there is no way that most non smokers will accept one if there is nothing left, than it is to persuade someone to consider paying a little more for a preferred view/location, if that makes sense. As long as they keep the DSA's in the resorts and parks and I get to continue to enjoy my cigarette and coffee and meeting lots of wonderful people, I am happy.

I think one of the things I would miss the most if I quit is definitely the social time and great folk I have met as we crossed paths for a nicotine fix. :goodvibes

I stil thought they should have a smoking building, or leave the top floors for smokers. if smokers smoke in their rooms, it wouldnt bother anyne else.

but I do understand about filling rooms and you can't smoke anywhere else anymore anyway!
anyhow we quit a little over 6 months ago, and I WILL miss the social togetherness of the DSAS!!!:grouphug:

if you see me walking by, (trying to sniff up all that "good smell" I miss so much) say hi! but i won't be hanging around long, I might want to bum a smoke!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter