(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they charge you a fee? I will be staying at BLT this summer and I'm getting conflicting information about shipping items there.

We stayed at the Contemporary last October. They DID charge a fee for my Amazon Prime box. It was at least $10, and it may have even been $15. They said it was based upon weight. I had to go to the mail center to get it which was in the convention center part, and just be wary that they have strictly daytime hours. Close at or before 5pm. Also, they have no luggage carts or anything close so I lugged a VERY HEAVY box filled with apple juice & Capri Suns for my boys & sodas for myself & my husband back into the lobby of the Contemporary before I could find a luggage cart to drop it onto. Mail center service was most unimpressive, I am a petite 4'11" woman and the box was close to half my size; the 2 gentleman working the mail center never offered any help or to get Contemporary bellhops to help. I had left my phone in the stroller which was with my husband & our 4 kids. Needless to say, when I was reunited with them, I was NOT a happy camper. :mad: As you can see, I'm still a bit bitter over the whole experience. Rant over. Short answer: yes; Long answer: see above

We stayed at the Contemporary last October. They DID charge a fee for my Amazon Prime box. It was at least $10, and it may have even been $15. They said it was based upon weight. I had to go to the mail center to get it which was in the convention center part, and just be wary that they have strictly daytime hours. Close at or before 5pm. Also, they have no luggage carts or anything close so I lugged a VERY HEAVY box filled with apple juice & Capri Suns for my boys & sodas for myself & my husband back into the lobby of the Contemporary before I could find a luggage cart to drop it onto. Mail center service was most unimpressive, I am a petite 4'11" woman and the box was close to half my size; the 2 gentleman working the mail center never offered any help or to get Contemporary bellhops to help. I had left my phone in the stroller which was with my husband & our 4 kids. Needless to say, when I was reunited with them, I was NOT a happy camper. :mad: As you can see, I'm still a bit bitter over the whole experience. Rant over. Short answer: yes; Long answer: see above

As I mentioned, this was with the CR. BLT may operate on different (higher) standards.

Sorry to ask what is likely a stupid question, but are the addresses for the resorts listed anywhere? I've had things shipped to Pop before with no problems but this time we're staying at POR and I can't remember for the life of me how I found out Pop's address.

Sorry to ask what is likely a stupid question, but are the addresses for the resorts listed anywhere? I've had things shipped to Pop before with no problems but this time we're staying at POR and I can't remember for the life of me how I found out Pop's address.

Post #1 of this Thread has all the addresses.

I've been seeing as many positives as I have negatives about this. Personally I think I'll stick to bringing it with me, or buying it when I get to FL... not sure I am adventurous enough yet.

We are staying at BCV in September and I am starting to get things together to send down through UPS. A couple months out I start collecting toiletries that are about half or two-thirds used to send down. Then I just throw away the empty containers before flying home. I have done this in the past for OKW and AKV. But I have never done this for BCV. From what I am reading here, I am going to have to walk clear over to the YC convention center just to pick up my package. And they will then charge me $15 to do this? I didn't think that BC was actually a convention resort. Hmmm...We are using a grocery service for water and breakfast items. But I am very picky about my body and hair care products. So I guess I will have to schlep over to the YC when we check in. How inconvenient!

Is there a limit to how many packages can be sent? I have a box of things I'd like to send so I don't have to have them on the plane. I'm planning on utilizing the Garden Grocer delivery service. So that's two. Knowing that the LM rooms are so far from coffee (I'm a 3+ cup/day)...I'm contemplating getting a small coffe maker sent from Amazon. Too much? Be honest!

An idea for coffee (if you like Starbucks VIAs) - ship some VIAs and can also ship an electric kettle from Amazon (<$15) - this gets you hot coffee in your room in the mornings and can also make coffee in the parks if you want (free hot water from anywhere). I'm strongly considering doing this when we go and I'll just pass along the electric kettle to any other vacationer who wants it before we leave Disney. Just a thought!

How far out would you suggest shipping items to the hotel? I'm looking to use Prime Pantry, and I have some credits towards it that expire 10/16, and my arrival day is 10/31. It says that it takes 1-4 business days to ship, which would put me latest at like, end of the week before I ship. Obviously, I don't want to have something sit there for long, but I also don't want to have it ship late(I'd also like to save some money if I can). What's the general time frame to ship?

As I mentioned, this was with the CR. BLT may operate on different (higher) standards.
so sorry about the experience krandaldua, I would have been frustrated too:(

We had case of bottled water shipping via prime pantry to POR last yr and did not have a fee when we picked up the water...has anyone else had experience picking up bottled water package at POR; was there a fee or no fee to pick it up?

so sorry about the experience krandaldua, I would have been frustrated too:(

We had case of bottled water shipping via prime pantry to POR last yr and did not have a fee when we picked up the water...has anyone else had experience picking up bottled water package at POR; was there a fee or no fee to pick it up?

The only resorts that charge a fee are the one's that have convention centers connected to them, with CR being one of them. So no, there is no fee at POR.

BLT goes through the CR shipping center. We stayed at BLT in April. We had the problem with a package being delayed by going to some central receiving facility before being distributed but a nice CM made sure it arrived the next day, and it worked out okay for us. I'm very glad to have the direct addresses for all the properties to try to avoid that the next time. (I think we've had the same issue at the Grand Californian in the past as well.)

While at BLT, I did have to carry a heavy box down there to the office to ship out but I did not ask for bell service help. I'm sure if you called them they would come to your room or meet you at the shipping office. Or go by the porte cochere and get someone to come with you. The office is in an odd little quiet area of the convention center so there is no one to flag down.

I agree schlepping heavy/awkward boxes around is not part of a relaxing vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter