(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if ginger ale is available from the mercantile. We always like to have some on hand in case of upset tummies. I don't want to pay for shipping on something we may or may not need. :goodvibes
In a pinch, bars/lounges can be counted on to stock ginger ale, sold by the glass. They're open in the evening. If needed at other times, someone from WCC or room service should probably be able to get you some as well. :) Just FYI.

Any news on how the refurbishment of the pool is doing? Still dreaming of an early opening for Nov. 24-25. pixiedust:

Quick question about CL. Are all CL rooms on the 7th floor or are you spread through out the building? Thanks

Quick question about CL. Are all CL rooms on the 7th floor or are you spread through out the building? Thanks

Generally speaking, they are located on the 7th floor. We have also stayed on other floors and had CL access. I believe the deluxe rooms (located on all floors) have CL access by default.

All Standard CL rooms and suites are located on the 7th floor.

Generally speaking, they are located on the 7th floor. We have also stayed on other floors and had CL access. I believe the deluxe rooms (located on all floors) have CL access by default.
The 25 Deluxe Club Level rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. Did you make a wing/floor request for your upcoming Deluxe room stay?

FINALLY done with a 3 week stretch at work that rivals anything I've ever put myself through. Haven't slept in days. But no time for that now! We're leaving for WL in 52 hours! So much to do, so much to pack!

12th anniversary trip, here we come!

Any news on how the refurbishment of the pool is doing? Still dreaming of an early opening for Nov. 24-25. pixiedust:

It is on the first page. Follow the information for the pool. The pictures are so SAD and DEPRESSING. I have stayed there since it opened and I don't like the way it looks right now :sick:

I want to tell you about some pixie dust that my DDs received today. They somehow managed to miss their transportation options to GF for Park Fair breakfast. They went back to the desk at the lodge and they offered to drive them. They we so happy.

I noticed the lack of rooms on the Disney site for early December when I was booking our trip. But you know what, there are tons of rooms at Orbitz. I think Disney has released some rooms to them (and others like Expedia) so Disney shows them as sold out but in reality, they are not. I had no problems getting our rooms and they had all room levels available. They were even available with the fall promo rate, which I could combine with the 15% off promo with Obitz.

I didn't realize they did that. We always book with Disney.

I want to tell you about some pixie dust that my DDs received today. They somehow managed to miss their transportation options to GF for Park Fair breakfast. They went back to the desk at the lodge and they offered to drive them. They we so happy.

So cool!!! pixiedust:

Anyone checked into the Villas lately? Just wondering if they are offering the BB tickets to people staying over there due to the pool construction . . .

All Standard CL rooms and suites are located on the 7th floor. The 25 Deluxe Club Level rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. Did you make a wing/floor request for your upcoming Deluxe room stay?

We are have a standard CL room. It's a surprise for DH 40th birthday. I know he would be disappointed if we weren't on the same floor as the lounge. Do you know of any good rooms?
Thanks again for getting back so quickly! Getting very excited 77 days. :)

I didn't realize they did that. We always book with Disney.

I didn't either until this trip. I've always booked with Disney too but was having a dickens of a time trying to find a room at at Deluxe resort. Remembered reading about Orbitz and folks booking there so I checked and lo and behold all the resorts showing sold out by Disney, even at rack rate, had rooms both at rack rate AND the fall promo rate. Plus you can use Orbitz discount codes on top of the Disney promo rate. So we got the room for an additional 15% off. For rooms like the Little Mermaid room at AoA it's even a way to get a discount when they normally have none. I'm going to remember the check there for all our bookings from now on, unless I want dining plan.

Oh, and you earn Rewards dollars to use on a future trip so I have $30 something in my account for next trip

I didn't either until this trip. I've always booked with Disney too but was having a dickens of a time trying to find a room at at Deluxe resort. Remembered reading about Orbitz and folks booking there so I checked and lo and behold all the resorts showing sold out by Disney, even at rack rate, had rooms both at rack rate AND the fall promo rate. Plus you can use Orbitz discount codes on top of the Disney promo rate. So we got the room for an additional 15% off. For rooms like the Little Mermaid room at AoA it's even a way to get a discount when they normally have none. I'm going to remember the check there for all our bookings from now on, unless I want dining plan.

Oh, and you earn Rewards dollars to use on a future trip so I have $30 something in my account for next trip

Interesting - I checked Orbitz last night and most hotels except the values are sold out for our dates.

It is on the first page. Follow the information for the pool. The pictures are so SAD and DEPRESSING. I have stayed there since it opened and I don't like the way it looks right now :sick:

I know it's usually on the first page, I just feel like it hasn't been updated in a while... This is why I took the chance to ask. In case somebody was there or heard something new.

We went over to the WL this afternoon to check out the construction. We had taken the bus from MK and walked toward the villas pool first. It was very quiet over there. You could hear a little construction noise, but it wasn't very loud. The Trout Bar is now located next to the entrance to the Sturdy Branches Health Club. It is just outside the door, under the porch roof, not really much of a bar at all.

The villas pool was closed because of lightening and there wasn't anyone around, so I couldn't get an idea of whether or not the villas pool ever got crowded. We walked toward the marina and bike rental area. There are construction walls blocking the courtyard next to the real Trout Bar building and the playground. There was a lot of heavy construction going on. We could hear jackhammers. There were skid loaders, or bobcats, loading dirt/sand into dumpsters in the beach area. There were workman working on the main pool and the new splash pad area. It was very torn up there.

The main pool was empty and it looked like they were planning to resurface it. I couldn't tell whether it was going to be zero entry or remain the same depth. The planned splash pad appears to have been dug out, but not started yet. It was very noisy with all the heavy machinery and equipment working on the pool area. One of the CM's said that they were working double shirts to get the nosiest and most disruptive work done as soon as possible. We did see someone on the balcony in a fifth floor room overlooking the construction area, which means those rooms are not out of inventory. To be honest, I would not want to be in one of those inner courtyard rooms right now. :sad1:

On the plus side, the waterfall and stream are still running. Rooms with a woods view or the villas courtyard view wouldn't really be bothered by the construction. The pathway to the boat was still there. There are now kids games in the lobby, games like a giant chess game, checkers and dominoes. There was a CM in the lobby whose job was to play with the kids. The marina, bike rental and beach is still open.

I need to upload my pictures and then I'll post them. I took them all with my iPhone, so they won't be the best quality.

Just talked to DD she was upgraded to woods view. Due to the storm they were in their room all afternoon. Was not at all bothered by noise. We had a friend that got home on Sunday he did not complain either.

Hello, I posted this awhile back but didn't get a reply. (I posted when the scaffolding was going up so I believe it was overshadowed by that excitement! :rotfl2:) I still haven't made a room request and I'm sure I need to do that very soon if not yesterday! Thanks, all!!

Hello fellow lodgers! I am so excited to be making my third trip back to WL December 13-21 with my dh, ds 13, and dd11. I can't wait to see Disney at Christmas time! I want to make a room request and was wondering if any of you folks that call WL "home" can tell me if any of the woods view rooms over the WCC are bunk bed rooms. I think we might like that location for a bit of a change. We've been on the north side wing on our previous two stays. We like upper level and close to Roaring Fork (for early morning coffee and late night snacks!) Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter