(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both! I think we might be ready for a good burger since the quick service ones are so bad :( and I want to enjoy at least on evening on the boardwalk :)

We found the burgers at ESPN to be better than the burgers at Big River Grille, but ESPN has an atmosphere that some love and others hate.

Has anyone here tried Big River Grille? I'm thinking of trying it for dinner one night of our upcoming trip since it's right on the Boardwalk. I'm wondering how the food is and also how hard it is to get a table since they don't take reservations...

We found the burgers at ESPN to be better than the burgers at Big River Grille, but ESPN has an atmosphere that some love and others hate.

I agree that the food ESPN Club is better. Both the burgers and the sandwiches - they have a good reuben. I thought the seating at Big River Grille was a bit more cramped as well. I only tried Big River Grille once, but didn't have a problem walking up at either place for a table. It may be more crowded during a championship game time.

I agree that the food ESPN Club is better. Both the burgers and the sandwiches - they have a good reuben. I thought the seating at Big River Grille was a bit more cramped as well. I only tried Big River Grille once, but didn't have a problem walking up at either place for a table. It may be more crowded during a championship game time.

Love espn was just there two weeks ago :) Philly cheesesteak was amazing !!! They had a long line and said it would be some time before getting a seat but hardly waited at all !!! We really enjoy that place :)

We'll be there April 30-May 7. One bedroom but first time with a standard view. Retired now and trying to optimize our points! Hoping for the best! :thumbsup2

Love espn was just there two weeks ago :) Philly cheesesteak was amazing !!! They had a long line and said it would be some time before getting a seat but hardly waited at all !!! We really enjoy that place :)

Maybe it was during NCAA basketball tournament. We've never waited there when it was a long wait. The Boardwalk Bakery has more sandwich options, and I may just walk down there if it was a significant time.

We'll be there April 30-May 7. One bedroom but first time with a standard view. Retired now and trying to optimize our points! Hoping for the best! :thumbsup2

We have always done standard views to save points. We've had close to the elevator, which was great. But, it was near the entrance and the noise from those metal stacking suitcases for DME. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.

BWV, 1 bdrm 10/2/to 10/7 first time for F&W

Congrats on first F&W. October is a great time of of year.

Below is from my recent "About your Disney resort hotel arrival email". I'll begin my first stay at the BWI on April 25.

From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.

I chatted online with Disney rep and specifically asked about bus transportation to the main gate/front of Epcot from BWI. The rep specifically stated that this was provided.

Has anyone stayed recently who can confirm this is true? I ask because I had read in several different places that bus transportation was not provided from BWI to Epcot main gate. Thanks.

Below is from my recent "About your Disney resort hotel arrival email". I'll begin my first stay at the BWI on April 25.

From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.

I chatted online with Disney rep and specifically asked about bus transportation to the main gate/front of Epcot from BWI. The rep specifically stated that this was provided.

Has anyone stayed recently who can confirm this is true? I ask because I had read in several different places that bus transportation was not provided from BWI to Epcot main gate. Thanks.

My most recent stay at BWI was last month and there is no bus to the front of Epcot. There is an exception if there are storms such that the boats cannot operate. In that case, they will provide bus service and it does go to the main entrance. We have stayed at BW many times on the Inn and the Villa side and have never had that experience.

I suppose that technically you could take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then a bus from there to the main entrance of Epcot, so that would be bus transportation no matter the weather. You could also walk to DHS and then take a bus from DHS to the Epcot main entrance.

I think many of the CMs on the phone have never been to WDW and have no idea of how the transportation system works.

I have stayed at the BWV at least once a year since 1998. I have never seen a bus for either Epcot or the studios, unless as mentioned above, the boats couldn't run because of weather or maintenance reasons.

Denise

There is not a bus to either Epcot or DHS from Boardwalk. There may be one on some off chance special occasion, but I have never seen one over the years. It really is just a short walk to Epcot, and a little longer walk to DHS. We always just walk to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, although we did take the boat once because it has a really cool spin to dock.

We were at BWV for the first time last month and one of the things we loved the most was being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. We considered it a thrill to have only two parks to ride a bus to (AK and MK). But then again, we enjoy walking.

Love this board. Such great information. Gearing up for my first visit to the BWV for a quick Father- Son Star Wars Weekend trip May 30th - June 1st. Looking forwarding to spending time at this resort after reading everything I have read. Thanks for sharing the information everyone. Have a Magical Day!

Coffee & Coffee maker in a Studio at BWV...

Sis has asked me to check for her what type of coffee maker & brand of coffee is provided in-room.
Could some one clarify for me?

I've read "The coffee pot is a 12 cup basket filter (not cone) drip coffee maker (simple mr coffee). You'll need to bring your own filters as well as the coffee.", but also read/saw picture showing a CuisinArt Single serve pod type machine.

(I'm assuming there'll be 1-2 packs plus a couple tea bags there on arrival, and that she'll have to pay if she wants more of the same)

Thanks!

We stayed in a Studio in March and it had the drip coffee maker (MR. Coffee). Believe there was a pack of regular and a pack of decaf along with a couple of sweetner/creamer packs. Can't recall any tea bags but there might have been some. You can buy a can of Mickey coffee as well as the filters at the Boardwalk Sundries but if you have filters at home I'd suggest packing a few to bring along (you could also pack a small bag of coffee if you have a favorite).
Enjoy your stay.

Coffee & Coffee maker in a Studio at BWV...

Sis has asked me to check for her what type of coffee maker & brand of coffee is provided in-room.
Could some one clarify for me?

I've read "The coffee pot is a 12 cup basket filter (not cone) drip coffee maker (simple mr coffee). You'll need to bring your own filters as well as the coffee.", but also read/saw picture showing a CuisinArt Single serve pod type machine.

(I'm assuming there'll be 1-2 packs plus a couple tea bags there on arrival, and that she'll have to pay if she wants more of the same)

Thanks!

teabags are not provided, however there will be 1-2 coffee packets (in their own filter bags), along with a few packets of powdered coffeemate, splenda & sugar (supplies replenished on T&T and full HKing days if staying DVC, else daily through CRO).
the coffeemaker uses flat-bottom basket filters (btw, a paper towel works perfectly also :thumbsup2).
she can buy teabags, milk, etc at the grocery on the BW ("screendoor").

hth :)

Ok all...need help. We are staying in a Studio at the BWV for the 1st time in August. Very excited. Does anyone have a great area to request ? (quiet pool, main pool, courtyard, etc) ...when we were just there last week, we walked around the Inn side and I noticed ALOT of trees blocking many rooms views. Kinda disturbing. Our luck we would be on the 2nd or 3rd floor with a tree staring us right in the face.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter