• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citywalk movie theater question

OhBother

Earning My Ears
I just have a general question that's not really important but was hoping someone could answer it. Has the movie theater that is located at Citywalk always been an AMC-owned theater?? My buddy was going to Universal this weekend and he asked me if there was an AMC theater on property because he had some free tickets they wanted to use. I knew there was a movie theater there but for some reason I thought it was owned by someone other than AMC. Now granted, I haven't been to Universal in well over 5 years, probably closer to 7 or 8, so I'm not working with the best memory here. This is one of those things that is going to gnaw at my head all day unless I get an answer, so I was hoping someone could help. Has this always been an AMC theater?

I just have a general question that's not really important but was hoping someone could answer it. Has the movie theater that is located at Citywalk always been an AMC-owned theater?? My buddy was going to Universal this weekend and he asked me if there was an AMC theater on property because he had some free tickets they wanted to use. I knew there was a movie theater there but for some reason I thought it was owned by someone other than AMC. Now granted, I haven't been to Universal in well over 5 years, probably closer to 7 or 8, so I'm not working with the best memory here. This is one of those things that is going to gnaw at my head all day unless I get an answer, so I was hoping someone could help. Has this always been an AMC theater?
Pretty sure it has always been a AMC and if not I know it is a AMC theater now :thumbsup2

I believe the theater used to be a Loew's theater when it first opened and has since changed to AMC. Loew's merged with AMC in 2006 which might explain the change.

I think that's it, it was a Loew's theater at one time. I was pretty sure it was. I didn't realize AMC had bought them out. Thanks, I will be able to sleep tonight!!

Yes its AMC. Just out of curiosity, you wouldnt be happening to see the new HP movie? XD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter