• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citricos or Kona Cafe?

Jan2016

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am trying to finalize my dining ADRs for a Feb. trip. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids, ages 13 and 8. The 13 year old is a somewhat picky eater. We like table service dinners, but not looking for the signature dining experience (or price tag!) for this trip. So far I plan on making the following reservations, mostly based on where we will be on each day:

- The Wave (we're staying at BLT -- is this a good choice if i don't THINK i want to dine at Cali grill UNLESS it really is a not to be missed kind of place)
- San Angel Inn
- Via Napoli
- Sci fi

For my last choice I am trying to pick a place that will be convenient if we are planning to be in the MK that evening - so trying for a place in one of the monorail resorts. I am debating between Citricos and Kona Cafe. We've been to Citricos but that was 10 years ago! Never been to Kona Cafe (have only been to Ohana in the Poly - 10 years ago as well!) Or if there are any others that I should consider. SO -- which would you prefer??

Hi! I am trying to finalize my dining ADRs for a Feb. trip. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids, ages 13 and 8. The 13 year old is a somewhat picky eater. We like table service dinners, but not looking for the signature dining experience (or price tag!) for this trip. So far I plan on making the following reservations, mostly based on where we will be on each day:

- The Wave (we're staying at BLT -- is this a good choice if i don't THINK i want to dine at Cali grill UNLESS it really is a not to be missed kind of place)
- San Angel Inn
- Via Napoli
- Sci fi

For my last choice I am trying to pick a place that will be convenient if we are planning to be in the MK that evening - so trying for a place in one of the monorail resorts. I am debating between Citricos and Kona Cafe. We've been to Citricos but that was 10 years ago! Never been to Kona Cafe (have only been to Ohana in the Poly - 10 years ago as well!) Or if there are any others that I should consider. SO -- which would you prefer??

Citricos is a 2 DDP credit restaurant (or if paying OOP, a pricier menu), so if you're concerned about cost, Kona would be a better choice.

As for The Wave, it's very good--arguably the best 1 credit TS restaurant IMHO.

Citricos is a 2 DDP credit restaurant (or if paying OOP, a pricier menu), so if you're concerned about cost, Kona would be a better choice.

Thank you -- knowing how many DDP credits each is helps, since i believe on the website Citricos is listed at $$, just like my other choices!

Kona Cafe is an above average hotel restaurant with decent theming and more conducive to children than Citricos.

Considering your not looking for signature dining prices, Kona Cafe is the obvious choice. They have a pretty decent steak.

At Citricos the entrees are in the $30-$50 range, so if you aren't looking for Signature Kona is the clear choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter