Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

You can remove me from the backup list. I was having major FOMO especially once I saw the medals so I joined another team. Excited to start tomorrow.

I have to say that I am dubious about some of those mileage entries currently listed for our group on the CRAW site... :rotfl2:

I have to say that I am dubious about some of those mileage entries currently listed for our group on the CRAW site... :rotfl2:
Yes, over the weekend, the results website clearly performed some update, and everyone's mileage that had previously been entered is now astronomical. I'm sure they will clear everything to zero tonight.

So, they zeroed out all logged miles since other parts of the world are now live (i.e. it’s already 9/1 there). Now, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and China teams all get a head start just like they do with Santa on Christmas. We are currently tied for last :P

Started into Mexico with 5.1 miles this morning. Oddly enough my previous miles are still there

ETA I deleted them, we are off quickly jumping to 58th
Way to start the team off right!

Yes, I deleted my previous miles as well, although they were no longer being included towards the team mileage, so I don’t think we had to delete.

With passport in hand, I crossed the border this morning and started my portion of the journey. Being in Texas this week, it actually felt more accurate temp wise! Unfortunately heat and humidity made the mileage a little less than I would have liked but every bit helps us get there I suppose.

This looked like important info to have as we approach the end of the region, eventually:

1. At the end of a region is a team supposed to stop until everyone registers for the next region?

No. the individual registers. The others as they. If the team is staying together they will all register.

2. Will miles carry over to the next region?

No carry over.

3. If miles do not carry over, can we just keep track of the miles we did in the couple of days it took everyone to register and add them in after we start?

Each new region is a new race you will have a new log in for the next region. So you will bookmarking region. Keep track of progress. You will only want to record the amount of miles needed to finish the region your on And then enter the remaining miles on next region. If put on the old region it is lost. A New log in for new region will be issued when you enter the new region.

Logging Miles

Although the race website made it sound like we would log team miles weekly, it appears that we just individually log miles as we go. That being said, you are not required to log miles on the exact day that you run them. You can log previously run miles by picking an earlier date in the Date Completed field (or just use an exported GPS file, and the website will automatically upload the correct date and distance from the file). Here is a link to their how to: How to Log Miles

Alright, so I'm already hurt! I can still walk, but it looks like I'll only be logging 2-3 walking miles per day (since I'm also stuck working from home thanks to COVID and rarely get out). I see my physical therapist on Thursday and hopefully he can get me sorted out quickly! Sorry Team...

Alright, so I'm already hurt! I can still walk, but it looks like I'll only be logging 2-3 walking miles per day (since I'm also stuck working from home thanks to COVID and rarely get out). I see my physical therapist on Thursday and hopefully he can get me sorted out quickly! Sorry Team...
No problem at all; this is a long game… and walking counts in the interim. I’m glad you already have a PT appointment. Take care and don’t try to test it too quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter