Cinderella's Castle Suite on 5/18! Pics on Pg. 3!!!

tinkercat

Mouseketeer
I haven't been a member of the DIS for long, but I knew I had to share our experience.

We were at WDW from May 16th-21st as part of a Grand Gathering. I was pretty much the only person in our group who knew anything about the YOAMD and I NEVER in a million years expected one of us to win anything like a night in the castle. I'll get to the details for you now, and save the rest for my trip report. :)

My husband, son, daughter, sister, brother-in-law, 2 neices, and I waited in line for Dumbo shortly before noon on May 18th. We entered the ride and my daughter just HAD to have the purple elephant. We got seated and my husband and son took the blue elephant (#6) behind us. We rode the ride and as we were getting off, I saw 2 dream team members approach my husband. He was confused because he didn't know who they were. I thought maybe we'd win some Dream Fast Passes or something as was a little excited for him. We went down the exit with the Dream Team guys and they asked us to come with them into a shop near the exit of Dumbo to see what my husband had won. We told them we had others in our group, so we went to get everyone else who had already exited and went toget my mom who was waiting with the babies. We finally got everyone together and went back into the shop. A Dream Team member named Ty (he was in a suit and tie, not the normal DT outfit) had a DVD player ready and recorded our reactions as we watched. When the DVD said my husband had won a night in Cinderella's Castle we were totally shocked! Our daughter (almost 4) is obsessed with Cinderella and was SO excited when we explained that we would be sleeping in Cinderella's Castle that night! We followed the DT up to the front to do our paperwork and figure out who would be staying in the Suite. Normally, only the winner and 5 guests are able to stay. We really wanted to include my neices though which meant my sister would have to stay as well. As it worked out, 2 of my children are under 3 and didn't count in the total number of guests, so we were able to have all 8 of us (DH, Me, DD1, DS, DD2, my sister, DN1 and DN2) stay in the castle. YAY!

Ty drove my sister and I back to ASMusic to pack overnight bags while the others stayed behind to get lunch. We were picked up in a great SUV and brought back to the MK in time for everyone in our group (12 of us) to ride as Grand Marshalls of the parade at 3:00pm. We were all given the YOAMD Mickey Ears and rode in the parade waving. Our arms got tired near the end, but it was so fun! Our cars stopped at the end of the parade route where our CM Nancy (she lead us around that afternoon) had reserved a spot in the shade for us to watch the rest of the parade. After the parade, it was finally time to see Cinderella's Castle Suite. We were lead to the castle by Nancy and then met our CMs Jessie and Julian who would be with us for the rest of the night. We went up to the suite and let DD be the one to put her special key into the door to let us inside.

The suite was AMAZING! Everything was so beautiful and themed perfectly. The bathroom was incredible. The tub was HUGE and there were twinkling star lights in the ceiling over the jacuzzi tub. I really cannot put into words how gorgeous the suite is. DH immediately fell in love with the flat screen TVs that looked like mirrors when they were turned off...typical man! LOL I'll have to figure out how to post some of my pictures. We explored the suite while the kids snacked on the fruit bowl and then we got ready for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. We had originally planned a dinner at Crystal Palace, so CRT was a special treat for us, especially DD. At dinner they announced that we were the Castle winners and everyone clapped for us. It was very cool and we really did feel like celebrities while we were the day's winners (and even afterwards). AFter dinner, CM Jessie brought us around the park and was basically our dream fast pass. It was so nice not having to wait in line, and again, we felt really special. Jessie was SO good with the kids too! She jumped and played with my daughter and neices and they LOVED her!

We watched Wishes and then returned to the Suite for the night. The beds had been turned down and there was this incredible platter with chocolate truffles and a white chocolate carriage (filled with strawberries) and horses. Dream Pal Mickey and Minnies were left for each of the kids, and Jessie also put some Princess bubble bath in the bathroom for them. We took turns enjoying the bathtub, starting with the kids. We fit all 4 of the older kids in the tub with plenty of room to spare and when they were done, there were CUTE chenille robes for each of them to wear. My sister, DH, and I also each took a turn enjoying the tub and it was heavenly! The adult robes were also a plush chenille and were so soft and cozy.

The next morning, we were treated to breakfast at the Crystal Palace before leaving the MK. All of our belongings were brought back to ASMusic for us, so we were able to head out and enjoy our day without worrying about a thing. As it turned out, our son forgot his Dream Pal Mickey and it wasn't with our stuff. My DH called CM Julian and we had a new one within hours. They truly treated us like royalty!

Staying in the castle was a dream come true for all of us. Heck, I'm 27 years old and I felt like a Princess. Its one of those experiences where I found myself thinking, "Is this really happening to US? Am I going to wake up and find this all was a dream?" It was simply magical and I feel so special that we were lucky enough to win such an experience!

Congratulations!!:dance3: What an amazing experience!
That bath tub with twinkling star lights sounds beautiful.

Congratulations! We were there on May 18th and I saw you in the parade! I remember when they made the announcement saying you were from Muskegon because we're from Warren, MI and I thought it was cool someone from MI won. We were also there earlier in the week and another family from MI won, this time from Lansing.

We were hoping for something, but never even saw any of the dream team out.

Congrats again on your win!

Way cool! Sounds great. My girls sooo have their hearts on staying there, you give us hope! Thanks for sharing...

Wow...that's amazing! I'm glad you won!

Just wondering did they let all 12 of you enjoy supper, breakfast and fp access to the rides or just the 8 that stayed in the castle?

OMG, thank you for sharing this exceptionally special experience with us. It sounds awesome!

WOW!!!

glad someone from the Dis won this!!!

you know several people have say they were also riding Dumbo when the DT got them.

like that ride does not have a long enough line now....:rotfl:

Congratulations ~

Wow...that's amazing! I'm glad you won!

Just wondering did they let all 12 of you enjoy supper, breakfast and fp access to the rides or just the 8 that stayed in the castle?

9 of us did dinner, the extra person just used TS credits from the DDP to pay. Only those of us who stayed had breakfast. We all had FP access to the rides though. They were really accomodating to the fact that we were part of a large group over all.

Wow..that's so awesome..!

As they say..timing is everything! We started that morning at epcot and didn't get to the magic kingdom till about 1 pm! I wish I could have watched you win! We missed Wishes that night because our daughter really wanted to go into the laugh floor one more time!

Congratulations!

cONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a magical addition to your trip. Sounds like an amazing experience. Would love to see pictures.

A big congrats from me too! We were also Castle Winners back in February, so reading your story was so much fun! We had different CM's than you did, but wasn't the whole "no waiting" on the lines just the best!!??

It was also hard for me to believe it-I just called like everyone I know to tell them. It helped it feel a little more real that way. I couldn't sleep in the suite at night because I was just too excited to wind down. The hardest part for me was when we had to go back to being "regular schlubs" the next day when it was all over. did you feel like that too?

Glad you had such a great dream come true:woohoo:

So cool! :banana:
I'm sitting here in tears reading your report! My parents are in Disney now (the leave tomorrow) and they said they only saw the Dream Team once. This gives me hope for our September trip. How I would LOVE to stay in the castle (heck, I'll take ANYTHING from the Dream Team, including the DVC! :rotfl: )
I'd love to see pics.

My eyes teared up reading this. What a dream come true. Walt would have been so proud to see this going on. I hope we have chance when we go in October. We plan on being in the MK 3 days we are there. Can you tell its our favorite park?:goodvibes

Oh my gosh! Do you have any idea how lucky you and your family are?? I would burst out crying if my sister and I were picked!!! We are going (again) the first week of December and are going to keep everything crossed!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter