Christmas Week Dining Reservations Success!

sbrost13

Mouseketeer
I was able to make dining reservations this morning for our December 21-28 trip! It’s our first and probably only Christmas trip, so I want to make the best of it! I was pleased that I got everything we wanted, but I did book more meals than I’m sure we will want, so I will end up canceling some reservations. I really wish they’d change the rules so you can’t book dining until after the 60 day fastpass window!

Here’s what we got:
Homecomin’ & 50s Prime Time (new to us)- will cancel one, depends on the park we do on arrival day
The Plaza Restaurant (new to us)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia (will cancel this once I can book Candlelight Processional dining package)
Tusker House
Be Our Guest
Beaches & Cream (haven’t been here since my honeymoon 20 years ago!)
Rose & Crown
Trattoria al Forno (new to us- doing character breakfast)

We’re a family of 4, but my husband will only be with us for 4 of the 8 days. We don’t do the dining plan and really like the flexibility of only ordering what we want! I’m also nervous about the crowds, so I wanted to have a reservation every day just to get away from crowds.

Right now I’ve got The Plaza Restaurant booked twice- for dinner our 2nd night and an early lunch on Christmas Day. I was thinking we’d leave Magic Kingdom right after our lunch reservation on Christmas Day. We’re planning to park hop to Animal Kingdom Christmas Day also. Thoughts on the Christmas Day plan???

I was thinking of replacing the dinner at The Plaza Restaurant with 1900 Park Fare dinner since we’ve never done it before and I’ve heard good things about the characters (my kids will be 13 & 11).

Any feedback is appreciated. Especially from those of you have been over Christmas week.

Right now I’ve got The Plaza Restaurant booked twice- for dinner our 2nd night and an early lunch on Christmas Day. I was thinking we’d leave Magic Kingdom right after our lunch reservation on Christmas Day. We’re planning to park hop to Animal Kingdom Christmas Day also. Thoughts on the Christmas Day plan???

A definite yes to early lunch and leaving the MK right after lunch.
We did that a few years ago and it worked out great. :thumbsup2

Also, I see that you’re staying at Pop. Get to the bus stop super early, like 5:45am if you can. MK opens at 7am and those bus lines fill up fast! You’ve got to stay ahead of those crowds!

A definite yes to early lunch and leaving the MK right after lunch.
We did that a few years ago and it worked out great. :thumbsup2

Also, I see that you’re staying at Pop. Get to the bus stop super early, like 5:45am if you can. MK opens at 7am and those bus lines fill up fast! You’ve got to stay ahead of those crowds!

Agree 100% on the early bus! We are a Rope Drop AM EMH park family, so my family already knows I’ll be setting an early alarm every day!

Just made my reservations for around the same time as well. So satisfying to get the things you wanted! We will likely have a similar plan on Christmas Day. This is our first trip during this season and my overall plan is to get up early and remain flexible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter