Christmas Shopping 2010 -Adults

Good question! I haven't seen or heard any advertising about cybermonday this year. Do you already have your list of what you are getting everyone?

I'm going to sound dumb but.....I never heard of cyber monday...what is it? :confused3

lol. I have never done cyber monday. I like the black friday rush, and seeing what everyone is rushing to buy :lmao: Or maybe I am just nosy to see what everyone is rushing to buy :lmao:

How is everyone else doing shopping? I picked up a candle to go into another gift bag so I have them completed. So two people are completed off my list!

I do have to pick something up for the salon owner who does my eyebrow waxings. Not sure what to get her though. And I can't remember what I got her last year. Any suggestions would be great!!!
I'm thinking maybe a box of good chocolates and candles??

Wow! I am so overwhelmed seeing how many gifts a lot of us buy!

This year, for the first time, we're actually spending Christmas, just the 4 of us (yeah!) at Disney! We usually draw names among the 8 adults in my husband's extended family, so I'm going to say we're out of the loop this year, since we won't be here. Honestly, I am sick of buying stuff they don't want just because we have to get them a gift, and equally of getting something I don't really want. I had my husband's stepmom a couple of years ago, so got her the sweater she told me she wanted in the color and size she wanted. She could have just gotten it herself. It was silly.

If my husband wants something, he will buy it (typical businessman). So I'll just decorate our condo and plan special outings, but no adult gifts at all this year!! We don't exchange with my family, as we won't see them (different states).

My kids: I may buy a little Disney stocking and some candy covertly and have that for them, but otherwise they'll each get a couple gifts when we get home. The trip is our Christmas gift.

Good question! I haven't seen or heard any advertising about cybermonday this year. Do you already have your list of what you are getting everyone?

Cyber Monday seems to be a non-starter -- maybe I should be looking for companies that do most of their business on the Internet, like Harry and David. Actually, I need a couple of gifts from them!

I have a list, but it is very flexible. I have ideas of what I'd like to get, but I'm very open to changing it if I find a better deal that I think someone would like.

I've already changed from Bath and Body lotion and lip gloss to small Yankee Candle jars as the "lovely parting gifts" at our family Christmas party for the ladies. I figured with the Buy 2, Get 2 of any size coupon I have, I can get 8 candles for $40, and even with the sale, it would be more than $5 per person at B&B. I also think the jars are a nicer gift -- less personal, but I only see some of these people once a year anyway, so I don't know if they really prefer cotton candy to burnt sugar lip gloss! :confused3

I still need an idea for the adult males. I was going to do lottery tickets, but then dh pointed out people are coming from all over, and you have to redeem them where you bought them. We have people from 3 states, so that's problematic. I would love to find something in the $5 range they would actually like...men are not easy to buy for!

Maria :upsidedow

Cyber Monday seems to be a non-starter -- maybe I should be looking for companies that do most of their business on the Internet, like Harry and David. Actually, I need a couple of gifts from them!

I have a list, but it is very flexible. I have ideas of what I'd like to get, but I'm very open to changing it if I find a better deal that I think someone would like.

I've already changed from Bath and Body lotion and lip gloss to small Yankee Candle jars as the "lovely parting gifts" at our family Christmas party for the ladies. I figured with the Buy 2, Get 2 of any size coupon I have, I can get 8 candles for $40, and even with the sale, it would be more than $5 per person at B&B. I also think the jars are a nicer gift -- less personal, but I only see some of these people once a year anyway, so I don't know if they really prefer cotton candy to burnt sugar lip gloss! :confused3

I still need an idea for the adult males. I was going to do lottery tickets, but then dh pointed out people are coming from all over, and you have to redeem them where you bought them. We have people from 3 states, so that's problematic. I would love to find something in the $5 range they would actually like...men are not easy to buy for!

Maria :upsidedow

I don't know why men have to be so difficult to buy for!!! But I love the idea about the lottery ticket!! I never thought about that. I am going to pick a couple of them up for a male friend of mine. He likes to play cards and gamble and play the lottery, so that will be a nice gift for him.

hmm... bath and body works sells mens body wash now, so that could be an option, or if they have a favorite type of drink they like, maybe a bottle of that, hmmm... I'm pretty much stumped on men. My dad is bad enough to buy for:lmao:

Augh jut ordered something out of stock on Amazon-- estimated shipping is Dec 1-8, but then I looked further down the page (AFTER I paid, of course!) and it said it could take up to 30 days!! That puts us right up until the 22nd!! I will be freaking out until it is in my hands-- I got a great price on a shirt for DBF's younger brother, a high end brand that he loves. He's 20 and a very reasonable kid, so I know he wouldn't care if his gift came late, but I'd really prefer for it to get here before the big day!

Augh jut ordered something out of stock on Amazon-- estimated shipping is Dec 1-8, but then I looked further down the page (AFTER I paid, of course!) and it said it could take up to 30 days!! That puts us right up until the 22nd!! I will be freaking out until it is in my hands-- I got a great price on a shirt for DBF's younger brother, a high end brand that he loves. He's 20 and a very reasonable kid, so I know he wouldn't care if his gift came late, but I'd really prefer for it to get here before the big day!

You can cancel any time before the item is shipped. I shop with Amazon frequently and always get the item sooner than expected (if Amazon is the actual seller). I would keep an eye on the order and have a Plan B just in case.

Well, a couple more things off my list today. I got my mom a pair of gloves and white gold hoops for christmas (since my furbaby chewed her earring)

So not much more too go!! Unfortunately, I will not be black friday shopping this year. Had to put the car in the shop and it took every penny out of my funds :headache::mad:

But the plus side is I am almost done with everyone anyways, and can pick the rest up each payday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter