Christmas Shopping 2008

Oh my gosh!! How cute is that? My little nephew is really into Cars--he'll be3 1/2 at Christmas time-I might get him this for fun!! I am getting my kids one for the next trip. I'll probably let them go pick it out after we surprise them. I think the ones I saw were around $20, but didn't look like that. Yeah, they are def cheaper than the 'kiddie' camera.

I'm still torn. I really like the price tag but it has terrible reviews because it doesn't have a flash and takes such terrible pics. If we weren't going to Disney I wouldn't care but I want his pictures to turn out enough that you can tell what he's taking a picture of. I really don't feel like splurging $60 on a camera for him though. What to do?! :confused3

Kim--have you asked on our Snowbird thread? I know they discussed it at some point-but I don't know what page #---ask again and I am sure someone could tell ya.

picked up a few more things and 3 on the sly w/ the kids in tow....:rolleyes1

For DD (almost 6): for her b-day next month I found a cool Mickey Mouse clubhouse book/music set which comes with a handy storage bag. I really think she'll like it since her b-day theme is Mickey/Minnie

for DD (9): for Christmas a mini AG Felicity doll and book set which both things were on her wish list from the AG store and the mini doll is priced at $22 online and I got the doll and 5 books for $29.99 pretty good I think!

for DS (9): for Christmas a book "Brisling" #3 in the series of the dragon books (others Eragon & ? name escaping me but he's read both)

feeling good for the amount of presents for DD ("6") b-day

and I think maybe 3-4 more things of 3 which I know for Christmas for DD (9) and a few stocking stuffers

and about the same for DS

really need to concentrate on stuff for Christmas for the younger DD's and DD ("2") b-day

ALSO bought a set of 4 Christmas Cocoa tins to be added to the nephew/neice giftsets.

Thanks OP for the thread in helping to keep me organized even more!:goodvibes

I started my Shopping December 26th last year LOL but we had a water leak in our house and everything we own is now packed in Pack Rats. I hope they finish our house by Christmas so we can get to some of those boxes or else I have to start all over

Thanks OP for the thread in helping to keep me organized even more!:goodvibes

Your Welcome!!:hug: I love getting all my ducks in a row--well before hand!So, I figured most of us on here are planners, so I thought this would be fun! Especially since so many of us do Disney this time of year, it would keep us in line!!!

I started my Shopping December 26th last year LOL but we had a water leak in our house and everything we own is now packed in Pack Rats. I hope they finish our house by Christmas so we can get to some of those boxes or else I have to start all over

When are you going to know for sure? I hope you find out-that would have me nervy not knowing if I had to shop or not!! Hopefully your house will get 'speeded-up' and you will be in well before Christmas!!!

We found the Camp Rock lap desk with speakers and the Camp Rock wall decals at the Disney store for 1/2 off this weekend. We were also able to get a Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? Disney edition game that I am very excited to play. ;) At Target we found a Camp Rock canteen thing that was also half off.

The main things we know that we're still looking for are:

- an iDog
- an air hockey and/or ping pong table
- a small digital camera (for my dad)
- any other HSM3 or Camp Rock bargains

We were needing a new board game so, last week we ventured into Toys R Us--and got the smarter than a 5th grader game!!! Disney version of course--we are looking forward to playing it. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow night!!

We were also able to get a Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? Disney edition game that I am very excited to play. ;)

We were needing a new board game so, last week we ventured into Toys R Us--and got the smarter than a 5th grader game!!! Disney version of course--we are looking forward to playing it. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow night!!

GREAT! was just checking in and I didn't know they had a Disney version of that? we are big trivia buffs and especially Disney! I like to buy a couple family gifts each year this could be one!

thanks for the tip....:disrocks:

GREAT! was just checking in and I didn't know they had a Disney version of that? we are big trivia buffs and especially Disney! I like to buy a couple family gifts each year this could be one!

thanks for the tip....:disrocks:

Have you seen this new Disney trivia game?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2326424
I think I'm going to put it on my Christmas list. It's too cute!

Also, they have a Scene It! game based on Disney Channel shows (Hannah Montana, Suite Life, etc). I'm thinking DD8 would probably really enjoy that too.

I'm a terrible mommy though...I hate to buy too many games b/c I don't want to have to play them with her. :headache:

Wow! So glad I found this thread. You all have inspired me to get out there and go shopping! I always say I going to finish early then I don't. We're moving at the end of this month so I don't want to start till after the move. I have a DS 2.5 to shop for. I'm going to get him a Little Tykes Table, a Buzz Lightyear (we have Woody), he likes art so I'm thinking something appropriate for a 2 year old..any ideas?? And I don't know what else...I don't want to get him anything that has a lot of parts or pieces...too much mess! If anybody has any ideas I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Wow! So glad I found this thread. You all have inspired me to get out there and go shopping! I always say I going to finish early then I don't. We're moving at the end of this month so I don't want to start till after the move. I have a DS 2.5 to shop for. I'm going to get him a Little Tykes Table, a Buzz Lightyear (we have Woody), he likes art so I'm thinking something appropriate for a 2 year old..any ideas?? And I don't know what else...I don't want to get him anything that has a lot of parts or pieces...too much mess! If anybody has any ideas I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!! Congrats on the move--new places are always so exciting!! You still have plenty of time to get shopping before the Thanksgiving craze!!! My friends looooove to shop Black Friday-I would be in the ER!!!! Can't stand all that crazy shopping!!! I don't have any artsy ideas-other than those Crayola color wonder pads & markers that don't get on anything else!!!:laughing:

I'm still torn. I really like the price tag but it has terrible reviews because it doesn't have a flash and takes such terrible pics. If we weren't going to Disney I wouldn't care but I want his pictures to turn out enough that you can tell what he's taking a picture of. I really don't feel like splurging $60 on a camera for him though. What to do?! :confused3

I decided to splurge and get the Vtech! It has great reviews and I would rather spend a little more to have something that lasts I think. Hopefully I 'll find it on sale between now and Christmas!
Oh yuck that's terrible!

I giggled at all of the comments about board games. My son is just at the age of starting to like them and I'm so excited to play Candyland and Sorry and Chutes and Ladders. It's bringing me back to childhood! We play them every day when my daughter and my little day care girl nap! I guess the novelty will wear off in a few years!

I bought DD(18months) a few gifts this weekend. She is totally into Playhouse Disney, so it makes thing pretty easy. I got her a Little Einstiens rocket that she can sit it. It sings songs and says "Pat, pat pat.... Blast off!!!" She is crazy about it. I've put it up now, but I let her play with it (in the box, just pushing the noise button) for a few days to make sure she would like it. She is also asking for a Handy Manny. That cracks me up! She's so girly and she loves 'Hanny Mana'. I think my mom is going to get that for her.

Happy Shopping Everyone!

Yeah!! I miss my kids being so tiny!! Especially my boys! They loved the cutest little stuff!!!DD was sooooo easy--she's very adamant about what she does and doesn't like-all my kids were easy!! But watch out when they get about 11 or12!! Boys- I mean---last year my oldest--who turned 12 on the 4th---he gave me the hardest time!!! He couldn't think of anything he wanted!!!! This year was better-I don't know what happened to him last time-that was our hardest year with him anyway---he's very mature for his age, so I guess it was the pre-teen puberty thing. This last year we've seen the beginning of physical changes....Very weird to see your baby grow up! I am such a mommy----Motherhood is so very bittersweet!!!

I got off track-don't know why I told you that....OH!! Enjoy those little boys while they are tiny!!!!

Happy shopping to all who are on the ball---keep us posted!!!

I bought DD(18months) a few gifts this weekend. She is totally into Playhouse Disney, so it makes thing pretty easy. I got her a Little Einstiens rocket that she can sit it. It sings songs and says "Pat, pat pat.... Blast off!!!" She is crazy about it. I've put it up now, but I let her play with it (in the box, just pushing the noise button) for a few days to make sure she would like it. She is also asking for a Handy Manny. That cracks me up! She's so girly and she loves 'Hanny Mana'. I think my mom is going to get that for her.

Happy Shopping Everyone!

Both of those are on my Christmas list if other family members need ideas. We're keeping it little this year since we're going to Disney so soon after Christmas. They play with the Little Einsteins rocket and the singing dancing Handy Manny tools every time we go to target. My son is a huge fan and my daughter is just as big a fan as him of "Manny" too.

We are keeping Christmas small, too - because of Disney. I know we will buy lots of goodies for DD and she doesn't know the difference yet.

Got 2 more things checked off my list....

doing the Sibling grab bag thing on my side this year, and luck has it that both DH and I picked my DBro and his girlfriend. He is a huge Chicago White Sox fan and she is Chicago Cubs fan....so I bought them each their teams Tailgating chairs (those foldable bag ones) they were 19.99 each and I had 2 discount coupons so they were even less :cool1:

When I came home w/ them DH asked why didn't I buy a Cubs one for myself...:confused3 I didn't know I could....maybe he'll suprise me w/ one for Christmas now! :goodvibes

I know!! When I get cute stuff for other people I always think--I like this -maybe somebody will get me one!! I just couldn't give something to a friend that I didn't like myself!!! Unless it's something that I totally am not into and they are....like a brand of makeup or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter