• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Present 'Present'

cosmicmommy

Out of This World Mom
We are going to Disney in January 2017. The trip is their big present from me this year, but I wanted to give them something to unwrap/ We should have our MagicBands in time for them to be in the gift on Christmas morning, but I'm not counting on them and will put in a dummy if I have to. I have mini Disney stockings to put their "ticket" in, and Finding Dory buckets (clearance Easter Baskets) to put everything in. I need suggestions on what to put in the buckets for their gift. Here is what I have/am planning:

1. Pin lanyards
2. Color & Play Coloring Books/Crayons
3. T-shirts
4. New Disney DVD each
5. Magic Band accessories (these may already be on the Magic Bands if they have arrived, such as skins)

But what else to put in them? I would love to have things to entertain them on the trip down as it's going to be a 10 hour drive, although most will be done between 1 AM and 7 AM and they should sleep. So I have about 4 hours to "entertain" them. We'll have the Disney Dining Plan, so no need for a travel cup. They will be 8.5, almost 7 and just shy of 5, all boys.

They will be getting their pins for trading daily, 1 each day as a countdown.

What about new Disney PJs? They could wear those in the car to sleep in. Books. Stickers. Snacks. I would still think about a water bottle of some sort in case they need it. Lunch boxes to hold their own stash of snacks and such. Coloring pencils and pencil cases. Disney bandaids, Disney toothbrushes. Also, what about Disney slipper socks or slippers or flip flops -- something easy for the car? What about a beach towel -- those can easily double as blankets in the car.

When I did this when the kids were younger (and we were surprising them at Christmas). I had gotten them each a Disney Small Rolling Suitcase. (We were flying so they took it on the plane). Also had someone on here who was at Disney get me the Park Maps for each park. I go them the Birnbaums Disney for Kids book. I also got them each a gift card for them to use for their own spending money.

If you have a Dollar Tree near you, check it often for Disney things. My DS and DD are younger than yours, but I found washcloths, stickers, bags, cups, journals (for autographs) and many other disney things. Maybe a backpackf to each of them? (Those light weight drawstring kind). They could be used on plane (or car) and in parks!

We did the Disney trip as a Christmas gift. The things they opened were;
*luggage (we got the Rockford ones off amazon, it has a 'carry on' which fit all of their stuff for the week and a small duffel like bag that we had them put things to do on the plane in; this was over 2 years ago and they still use them anytime we go anywhere including sleepovers to friends houses I didn't want something they'd outgrow or be embarassed of somewhere other than Disney)
*Disney themed shirts
*pins and lanyards
*a kids guide to Disney book
*autograph books and Epcot passport books

There are lots of free printables to keep kids occupied on the way to Disney. I really liked going through the kids guide books with the kids on the way there and talking about the trip or watching videos of rides. For a car ride (we didn't drive to Disney but have done long drives before) I like those travel games for the older kids (we have Clue, Battleship, Uno, and a few more) and for the younger ones I make a 'busy binder' with zippered pencil pouches and activities for them to do in them. Really though, our long car ride consisted of movies and electronics most of the way ;)

Character themed rolling suitcases is a great idea! We did that one year - got them from teh Disney Store and had them embroidered with their names - they even came with matching backpacks. And speaking of Dollar Tree, look for glow sticks, glow wristbands, etc. My young children loved having these at night.

Good luck with the surprise!

As previous post have mentioned dollar store makes for easy gifts for the trip. An autograph book, Disney pen, Disney crocs - order online, Disney shirts, fun facts Disney books, one of those fan water bottle things for the heat - kids love those, Disney sun glasses, plushies, or blankets. I try to hit up our Disney outlet before we travel, order from Disney.com, and visit Walmart and Kohl's to find a good amount of Disney related items. Good luck and enjoy your trip!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter