Christmas Plaza Inn Parade Dining Package Now Available!

Hey, thanks for the info! Looks like Plaza isn't currently available for 12/15-17, but we'll try tomorrow morning for the 18th. I also grabbed a Tomorrowland package for 12/16 - not sure yet if we will keep it, but it could be a fun break and great vantage point if the fireworks can happen.

Edited to add that the Plaza package showed up this morning for 12/17 and we snagged one. Nice!

Last edited:
I got a reservation but it's the same night as my 8:00 WOC dessert party, so I'm not sure if I can do both. Guess I'll wait to see what time the parade will be.
I ended up moving the dessert party so I could do this. I was worried about getting over there, my husband has 2 knee replacements. Of course now our dessert party is for the later show.

The parade viewing is typically directly across from the railroad station.
I'm assuming that you're standing up? I'm really short and it's hard for me to see if I'm not close to the front of the pack. Do you think this viewing spot would work for someone like me? I always used to go on the Holiday Tour for the front row seats, but they don't do that anymore.

I'm assuming that you're standing up? I'm really short and it's hard for me to see if I'm not close to the front of the pack. Do you think this viewing spot would work for someone like me? I always used to go on the Holiday Tour for the front row seats, but they don't do that anymore.
From what I've read about parade viewings in the past, they don't provide chairs. That's why I always hem and haw about the parade packages. I'm short, so unless I'm in the front row I might not be able to see anyway. I booked this one since it's the first couple nights of the Christmas parade and I expect it to be busy.

If you get there early to reserved section, you can get a spot on the curb to sit on. Alternatively, since that front row sits on the curb, there is usually a clear view for the row behind them too!

Another dining package that has access to private seated area that you can watch the holiday fireworks from. Kinda pricey and reviews seem to be hit or miss but something I've been interested in checking out. Heard it was a good break from the hustle and bustle of the park.
Just read the description. Sounds like you have to get the dinner between 6;30-7 but then you can leave and come back for firework seating. Is that how you read it??

Yes, if it is the same place as Magic Happens that I went to in July, you’re right across from steps up to the train. There are some cement benches around a couple of trees…if you get there early, you might be able to sit there.

of course, we won’t know for sure until someone goes and posts about it.

I booked for myself, although my BFF will be with me…there were no rezzies for party of 2..or anything else besides 1. I tried booking additional rezzie for next available time, only to find out you can’t do that. She would have to book her own rezzie under her own account, they said. Well, she is totally computer illiterate, so that’s not happening. I’ll keep an eye on it to see if anything opens up and will check at Plaza Inn once we are onsite. We will be there two days ahead and if we luck out and get good spots to view parade anyway, I’ll just cancel.

Just read the description. Sounds like you have to get the dinner between 6;30-7 but then you can leave and come back for firework seating. Is that how you read it??
You are talking about the Tomorrowland Terrace Firework evening package correct?
If so, then you are correct, with the lanyard you can come and go as you please. From what I read and watched some YouTube videos, you pick up your meal in a different area, bring it to the Terrance, it has tables and games etc that you can hang out and enjoy the views from there.

Also from what I read, you and see the fireworks but no projections on the castle. Can anyone confirm this?

I really wanted to do this, but the menu doesn’t look like a win for our group, unfortunately.

Would you pay for this, knowing your fam wouldn’t like the food for a better parade view?

No, there are lots of places to view the parade. The space provided (if it is the same) gets very crowded and confined. And you’ll likely be sitting on the curb or standing anyway.

IMHO, you can do just as well staking out a spot near IASW.
Thank you!!

IMHO, you can do just as well staking out a spot near IASW.

This, but I also recommend the area right outside Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I have, more than once, been able to find a good spot for a parade just minutes before the parade. (Especially good if you're doing the second parade of the day that starts right there!)

This is why I'll likely never pay for a parade package, tbh. Main Street and the hub can get very crowded, but there other spots that don't. If the packages offered better views and more food options, maybe, but otherwise I'm good. (Now, there are other entertainment packages I've paid for and would again. Just never for a parade.) That said, if some people prefer to do it that way, enjoy!

I really wanted to do this, but the menu doesn’t look like a win for our group, unfortunately.

Would you pay for this, knowing your fam wouldn’t like the food for a better parade view?
We are going the very first weekend of the official Christmas season/parade so we wanted an easy option for a pretty guaranteed decent view without waiting 2 hours before. I normally wouldn’t do a parade package!

No way. The parade starts at 6:30 and lasts how long?

The line up for the dessert party starts at 6:30 and the check in for wrist bands and table requests start at 7

That wouldn’t work for most peoples comfort IMHO
The second parade usually starts at the Main Street entrance by the reserved viewing area and lasts about 20 minutes for a single viewing spot, so I would think you would be able to check-in around 7:00 for the dessert party. I think most days that would still get you a high top, but I guess if someone really wants to guarantee they get a high-top, they probably won’t want to do both!

No way. The parade starts at 6:30 and lasts how long?

The line up for the dessert party starts at 6:30 and the check in for wrist bands and table requests start at 7

That wouldn’t work for most peoples comfort IMHO
Agree! The last thing I would want to do is not enjoy the parade spot I paid lots of money for because I am anxious that I need to get to the dessert party I paid even more money for.

Today is 60 days out from the final day of the holiday season. I thought about booking the Plaza Inn package, but don't see any available. Does anyone know if they load later? Or do they just sell out right away?

Check the event to make sure the date you're looking at isn't a black out date.

What time did you specifically look for?

Check the event to make sure the date you're looking at isn't a black out date.

What time did you specifically look for?
I just looked at Plaza dining packages for 1/7 and it said nothing was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter