Christmas music, when does it start in your house?

Around 12/15 when we put up the tree and then probably not again until xmas eve and day? We do try to do something christmassy (concert or light tour or pop-up themed bar or something that would involve xmas music). And the tree comes down on NY Day.

I'm not a scrooge or anything, but I don't like devoting 1/12 of the year (or more) to it.

I listen when I am in the mood. I may be in the mood in June. I may be in the mood in December. Good music is good music. Many of the Christmas CDs I have are Christian artists, so the songs are different than the typical Jingle Bells anyway.

I don’t usually play music in the house though. I mostly listen in the car.

Officially, the day after Thanksgiving, but I usually cheat and play a few songs earlier when the guys aren't around.

Continuously ? After Thanksgiving. Spotty? When I decorate beginning in Nov. Meaning when I
decorate a bathroom or bedroom I will play on spotify just to get me through it. lol

:santa: Well, I'll say Christmas Day, when I'll put it on in the morning while we open our gifts. Maybe a little earlier if we're entertaining over the holidays. In fairness though, we don't play music of any kind around the house.

I love everything about Christmas but don't like starting it too early. Chirstmas is basically the month of December and first week of January then goes away for a year.

When I feel like it. I personally find it silly to have a hard & fast rule about it, but I know I'm in the minority with that.

That said, Nutcracker starts for us in Sept, so our seasons are a little skewed because of that. And we go to Disneyland for Thanksgiving, which is always already in full swing.

Christmas music, when does it start in your house?
I have at least 10 Christmas songs on my iPod all the time. The month preceding Christmas, that is, starting 4 Sundays before the week that Christmas falls in, I start adding more Christmas music in my playlist (25% of my Christmas music at a time, once a week) until I have 100 percent of my music there on the Sunday before Christmas. BTW, I have 626 Christmas songs (1.2 days worth of music) in my iTunes.

Did I mention, I like Christmas music?

After Thanksgiving.

I'm still thinking about Halloween. Isn't it a little bit early for Christmas?

Are we going to start painting eggs for Easter before Christmas now?
We went shopping this morning at the grocery store. One shelf had Halloween candy on it. The shelf across the aisle from it had Christmas candy on it. :sad2:

We went shopping this morning at the grocery store. One shelf had Halloween candy on it. The shelf across the aisle from it had Christmas candy on it. :sad2:
I was in WalMart this afternoon and it's this, exactly. And Christmas and Halloween decor both in the seasonal aisle. :upsidedow

I say I'll wait until after Thanksgiving, but that never happens. Usually early November I start playing Christmas music in the car because it cheers up the drive. I have a pretty big holiday music collection and look forward to hearing all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter