Christmas in November?

jodyb

DIS Veteran
For those of you DL veterans... most of the places I've been reading say Christmas decorations go up around November 8 at DL. My question is, if we go Nov. 9-13 will we also get all the Christmas activities? Parade? Special ride layovers, etc? How much Christmas is actually going on before Thanksgiving? Thanks in advance.

Holiday Time at DLR tends to start the Friday of Veteran's Day weekend. The decorations should be up. (The garlands over Main Street may take a few weeks longer to show up.) The candy canes won't be sold until the day after Thanksgiving. Check last year's Holiday Time Superthread to find out when everything happened, where, what, etc.: 2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Thanks, I did read that thread, and just wanted to confirm that everything actually started on November 8, including the ride overlays, parade, special WoC, etc. I know they all happen "during the season", but I couldn't seem to find anyone saying that ALL start on November 8. Anyone know? Thanks.

Nov. 8th was last year's date. This year's date hasn't been announced yet. We assume it will be the Friday before Veteran's Day, but Disney hasn't confirmed that. As the second post in last year's superthread states, once Holiday Time officially begins at DLR:
The holiday parade and fireworks start at DL
IASWH will be up
WOC Season of Light begins at DCA
Holiday decorations are up, but there might still be some finishing touches left to go up at a later date
Holiday food festival should begin in DCA
Candy Cane schedule starts after Thanksgiving

OOPS!! Sorry, editing! Thank you!!! I only saw the first sentence on my phone, but now I see your whole reply - much appreciated!!!

Yea most likely if they do first Friday again it should be Nov 6th. On the official Christmas launch day it is full fledge Christmas everything.

I feel that November 13 is more likely for the start of the Christmas season.

Well if it is the 13th that would be after my trip this time. I feel like it may still be the 6th because it is only 2 days earlier than last year. Time will tell. Either way I am good because I will just miss on a few food items, parades etc, and Small World Holiday. Sad but miss-able. My crowds would be lower too. So there is that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter