Christmas Dinner

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
We are looking at Disney World for Christmas next year.

Just wondering where everyone ate on Christmas Day this year and what you thought? Was there anything special for Christmas Day? I thought with it fresh in everyone's mind, it was a good time to ask. :)

We are leaning towards Trails End but are open to suggestions.

We ate at Yachtsman. Was absolutely amazing. Everything was perfect.

They had a special dessert, but there was no "Christmas meal"

Whispering Canyon for Christmas Eve dinner and Akershus for Christmas dinner. Neither had special holiday menus.

So glad you posted this! We are using our DVC points this June, but going down in December for Christmas (staying at Marriott). I've never been away from "home" for Christmas so I need ideas for what to do!

We always do Narcoossee's, but it falls into our "no more than 3 consecutive" rule next year. We made a rule to not go to a place more than three consecutive times. It forces us to try new spots.

The last time we took a year off from Narcoossee's, we did Artist Point, which is also delicious and perfect for Christmas dinner.

where everyone ate on Christmas Day this year and what you thought? Was there anything special for Christmas Day?

1) As mentioned, there are few eateries that do anything "special" for food on Christmas Day.
2) There is no traditional Christmas Meal like at Thanksgiving (turkey and stuffing) or Easter (ham and sweet potatoes).

We chose 1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner and took a monorail tour to see the christmas decorations and watch the fireworks.
Loved the decorations. Loved visiting the resorts. Loved watching fireworks from Contemporary's balcony.
Hated the food. It was bad. We won't go again. Even for a character buffet, it was just bad.

They didn't do anything "christmas" but we weren't expecting that. The character interaction was cute. The stepmother and stepsisters are so funny.

I ate at Trail's End for Christmas Dinner this year. This was the 4th time I have been. Just 3 of us that day and no one really wanted to cook a big meal. I was able to get an ADR about 2 weeks prior on a fluke so we drove over to WDW and went but I had no choice of time. If you know in advanced that is where you want to eat, then book it as soon as possible.

I ate at Trail's End for Christmas Dinner this year. This was the 4th time I have been. Just 3 of us that day (myself and parents) and no one really wanted to cook a big meal. I was able to get an ADR about 2 weeks prior on a fluke so we drove over to WDW and went but didn't really much choice of the time. If you know in advanced that is where you want to eat, then book it as soon as possible.

I ate at Trail's End for Christmas Dinner this year. This was the 4th time I have been. Just 3 of us that day (myself and parents) and no one really wanted to cook a big meal. I was able to get an ADR about 2 weeks prior on a fluke so we drove over to WDW and went but didn't really much choice of the time. If you know in advanced that is where you want to eat, then book it as soon as possible.

Thanks AUbaseballfan. I think we are going to go with Trails End. We will be staying at Fort Wilderness. I haven't been there at Christmas but imagine it will look great all decorated.

Thanks for the ideas! We are also going over Christmas this coming year. We don't want to do a park on Christmas day. I've been researching restaurants and Whispering Canyon and The Wave both look good too :)

I'd also been wondering the same thing.

If there is no on-property restaurant that has a special menu for Christmas dinner, then is there a nearby offsite restaurant with a special holiday menu? (I will have a rental car).

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe that California Grill had a special plate of turkey on Christmas Day 2015. It was served in a non-traditional way. I didn't order that though, so I could be wrong. Regardless, it was pretty magical! We were sat right next to the window with a view of the sunset over the lake and the castle! Then we had time to casually walk over to MK for fireworks on Christian day! It was surreal for sure.

Also, being from a cold weather area (Canada!) and always having white Christmases, it didn't "feel" like Christmas, despite the decorations everywhere. So because of that, I found I didn't really miss having a proper turkey dinner at all. It was all a new experience.

Happy planning!

We are looking at Disney World for Christmas next year.

Just wondering where everyone ate on Christmas Day this year and what you thought? Was there anything special for Christmas Day? I thought with it fresh in everyone's mind, it was a good time to ask. :)

We are leaning towards Trails End but are open to suggestions.
We had a fantastic meal of steaks at Shula's.

Dessert was a chocolate souffle.

We don't have a "traditional" Christmas dinner at home (we've had everything from the full turkey spread, to burgers, to spaghetti, to hoagies), so when we are traveling over Christmas we just pick a restaurant that has a type of food we like, and a nice atmosphere and service. The last time I was at WDW on Christmas Day, I had dinner at Le Cellier because I was doing the Candlelight package that day as part of my holiday celebrating. Epcot was a nice park to spend Christmas Day in, with all the storytellers.

If I weren't going to a park, I would probably go to Yachtsman Steakhouse. We have always had great food there, and it feels like a special occasion kind of restaurant to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter