• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas decorations

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
I was wondering when the Christmas decorations are put up. Thinking of going next year and want to make sure we go at the right time. Thanks

This year it was Nov 16th-Jan 5th, but I do not know if it's the same exact dates every year. I just know generally it roughly starts in the middle of Nov and ends a little after the New Years every year.

I think your best timeframe for seeing and experiencing all of Disney's Christmas event is to go the week after Thanksgiving. They don't start the Epcot Candlelight Processional and Holidays Around the World until Thanksgiving weekend. If you just want the essential Christmas decorations they will go up the day after the last Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom and roll out across property after that. Merchandise actually goes out the day or two BEFORE Halloween.

They start putting some decorations up the first of November, but the park isn't in full swing until mid November when the parade and Grinchmas begin..

This is in reference to Universal, not Disney, @mickey1968, but a good recommendation might be after Thanksgiving like you said, or even a little before that holiday as everything is set by then. I do not think they really start that much at all for decorations on the 1st of Nov since HHN is still going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter