• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Clearance 2019

twoolle

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen a thread for this yet but last year I used this forum to know when to make my walmart and target clearance runs.

So let us know what you find, where you found it and % clearance! Bonus points if Disney related!

My happiest find for me was 2 new white tree skirts. I had invested in two flocked trees for our dining room in December (that is the room that is visible from the road in front of our home and truly just decoration) and really wanted white skirts to go with, but after spending the $$ on the trees, didn't want to spend more. The skirts I loved at TJ Maxx were half price the day after Christmas so I got both for $24.99 total :)

I went to Target and spent $6. I NEVER leave Target under $70 it seems so I was shocked with myself. Nothing jumped out at me. I got a roll of paper to use as Santa's paper next year, one thing of curling ribbon, and a pack of To/From tags.

Today:
Joann Fabrics (70%+ additional 20% Off christmas)
Bought some 60¢ kids activity sets

Micheals (70% Off)
12 days of socks for the family are $6 each

Walmart (50% Off)

Target (30-50% Off)

Party City (40%-50% Off)
Bought some LEGO movie 2 party supplies at 50% Off

At Walmart they have a bunch of Disney bath items in the holiday clearance section. They are not holiday themed, there was a Princess set and a couple of different Toy Story sets.

Went to Walmart and bought lots of gift bags and a couple rolls of gift wrap. There was Batman paper that Was not holiday themed so I got one of those. I also got a Disney princess lip gloss set for my grand daughters birthday. It’s not holiday themed. The clearance was 50% off

My 2 local Targets are still at 50% Off today. Was hoping for 70% Off since seeing that others store went to 70% Off yesterday.

My Target went 50% food today, but stayed 50% on everything else...and it's almost gone...
My Walmart is still 50% everything...and has no food but ACRES of extra stuff...I told my spouse I'll pop over to see if I can get a Xmas lawn sign and some wrapping paper at some point next week, b/c I didn't need to buy at 50% when it was still 6 aisles of stuff...

Anyone know if Hobby Lobby has put their Christmas below 66% yet? It used to go to 80% on New Year's Eve, but the past couple of years have been wonky.

Anyone know if Hobby Lobby has put their Christmas below 66% yet? It used to go to 80% on New Year's Eve, but the past couple of years have been wonky.

Our Hobby Lobby was 66% off on December 26. Our store didn't have much left at all either.

On Saturday Walgreens was 50% off with an extra free item with every four items purchases. Free item was the lowest value of the five. Many slippers were still available. I picked up 3 9pk boxes and 2 12pk white shirt boxes for around $14.

I used the brickseek inventory checker and some of my target stores have gone to 70%. Walmart still at 50%. Dec 30

I used the brickseek inventory checker and some of my target stores have gone to 70%. Walmart still at 50%. Dec 30

Can you explain how that works? I see people posting about "brickseek" all the time but have no idea what it means or how to use it.

Went to 4 Target stores in my area and 2 went to 70%Off today but those were the stores that were completely picked over already. No wrapping paper, bulk cards or trees only a couple lights left. They did have boxes, bows and makeup. Glad I got what I wanted the day after Christmas at 50% Off. It isn’t like it used to be near me when they would have plenty at 70% Off and even into 90% Off sometimes. I even looked in the other departments to see if they put items back in their perspective areas and didn’t find anything. My mom was hoping the single Christmas cards would be discounted but weren’t. Also the Christmas bedding I checked wasn’t discount. They were the Christmas Mickey and Minnie twin bed sheets I was thinking about getting for my son.

Last edited:
Walmart is now at 75% in my area. A little bummed because hubby has to work today and there's no way I am taking all 5 kids with me! Last year worked out great for me as Target hit 90% and Walmart hit 75% on the same day and i got some really good deals both places. I think Target will hit 90 tomorrow 1/1 so I guess i will just wait until then and hope there's some stuff left at Walmart. Good news is that I really don't need anything just extra food storage for neighbor treats, ornaments for the kids next year and ornaments for our row of cedar trees lining the neighborhood drive.

Can you explain how that works? I see people posting about "brickseek" all the time but have no idea what it means or how to use it.
Go to breekseek.com and go to inventory checkers. Choose your retailer and then search for a product in your area. If you don't know the sku you can do a generic search like "Christmas ornaments" and it will then show you options. Click on one and it will show you if your store has it and what % off. I really only use this to know when prices drop for holiday clearance. I don't rely on it for actual inventory. HTH!

Our Walmart was still at 50% yesterday, I didn't see anything I would want even if it dropped to 75%.

Target was almost gone a couple of days after Christmas, I did pick up a few rolls of wrapping paper and. Pig with reindeer antlers.

It seems like a lot of places around here started discounting 50% before Christmas this year. Everything was completely picked over by the 26th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter