Christmas 2021

dreamer17555

DIS Veteran
100 days till Christmas! Had anyone else started shopping or holiday planning? Would love to hear what you have picked up or have planned for this year!

I finally am doing Disney themed Christmas tree this year! I am so excited! It took a bit to convince my family that we needed three trees but they finally caved (A classic green and red one, a white multicolor with all the kids ornaments they made or collected over the years, and now a rainbow Disney tree.)

Who is thinking about Christmas 2021 already besides me?

Started shopping. Been hitting the Bath and Body Works sales to make useful gift bags for extended family this Christmas. So far the bags have 1 foaming hand soap, 2 mini hand sanitizers, 1 aromatherapy hand cream, and 1 fun scented hand cream. Would like to add a candle, See’s Candy, Jerky, and a Starbucks gift card.

Picked up a denim jacket from Holllister for 50% off for my daughter that she has been wanting. I also picked up some hoodie flannels from AE that were 60% off. Doing good so far. Her big present this year is going to be a laptop and due to return policies will have to be purchased closer to Christmas. I bought those Starbuck Star War mugs months ago for my husband and a Disney pin that he collects every year (wanted to get those before they sold out, especially the mugs). I'll be getting Legos for both husband and daughter but I usually wait until the double points promotion. That really adds up and I usually have enough points to pay for an item. We pick up 2 trees. Used to put up 3 but our 9 footer tree had to be tossed. We put a 12 foot in the hallway by the staircase and a 7 foot in front of our picture window.

We are going to Disney for Christmas this year so that is our BIG present! I have set a goal to be finished with all the Christmas shopping by December 1st. I have already purchased a few things for my daughter. I use the Fetch App and have been saving my points so I can get gift cards. I’m also saving my Ibotta earnings to cash in for gift cards.

I can't say that I'm really thinking about it because I'm a school SLP in full blown survival mode with the start of this school year, but I have started shopping, simply because I'm someone that buys gifts as I see something that would be good, rather than doing a massive shop right before Christmas.

Not really thinking about Christmas yet, but I'm definitely a person who buys things as I see them and tucks them away. So I guess technically, I have started Christmas shopping. I haven't done my "inventory" yet, though, where I pull out all that stuff, sort it, and make a list of what I still need.

We are going to Disney for Christmas this year so that is our BIG present! I have set a goal to be finished with all the Christmas shopping by December 1st. I have already purchased a few things for my daughter. I use the Fetch App and have been saving my points so I can get gift cards. I’m also saving my Ibotta earnings to cash in for gift cards.

I always try to be done Christmas shopping by December 1st too! It makes it’s easier to focus on wrapping and enjoying the holiday time without the stress.

I need to check out fetch app. I keep hearing good things. Thanks for the reminder!

Absolutely not - Christmas is like a lifetime away for me; lots of other things to think about and get through first. Decor goes up inside and out on the middle weekend in December. As far as shopping goes I usually do it the week before Christmas, all on one day and wrap that evening. We don’t go all out for presents so it’s not that big a job and I also quite enjoy it. Both of DH’s grown daughters and all the grandkids live away so we send them money in early December to use for their own holiday plans. :santa:

Absolutely not - Christmas is like a lifetime away for me; lots of other things to think about and get through first. Decor goes up inside and out on the middle weekend in December. As far as shopping goes I usually do it the week before Christmas, all on one day and wrap that evening. We don’t go all out for presents so it’s not that big a job and I also quite enjoy it. Both of DH’s grown daughters and all the grandkids live away so we send them money in early December to use for their own holiday plans. :santa:

I tend to decorate early (my house has been decorated for Halloween for the past two weeks) so I think I’m already thinking of the next major holiday to prep for…

I think it’s lovely that you have a nice low key Christmas that you love each year!

I tend to decorate early (my house has been decorated for Halloween for the past two weeks) so I think I’m already thinking of the next major holiday to prep for…

I think it’s lovely that you have a nice low key Christmas that you love each year!
:goodvibes By the time we get in all the events and church activities and baking and entertaining and volunteering and travelling to be with family (or having them come to us) it really doesn’t seem so low-key, it’s just the gift buying part that isn’t a very big deal.

I started picking up stuff in January at the after Christmas sales. I don't buy a lot. Kids are grown so they get a personal gift, got my DD and future DDIL Betsy Johnson faux fur winter headbands back in January for 90% off! I'll pick up something for DS on our December trip as he is a Star Wars fan. I give them gift cards for an experience or for something they love. Last year DS and future DDIL got Graceland gift cards to pay for them room, admission, meals and a few $$$ left for a souvineer. DD is a teacher and loves crafts so she got Michael's as a big one and several smaller ones for her favorite coffee, restaurant ones, gas and movies. DH and I give each other Disney gift cards then use them for a special meal or experience. My dad is always Home Depot. We do buy for charity but don't exchange with extended family, we decided years ago to use the extended family budget for charity and everyone agreed! It has made the holidays more about being together and less about gifts.

:goodvibes By the time we get in all the events and church activities and baking and entertaining and volunteering and travelling to be with family (or having them come to us) it really doesn’t seem so low-key, it’s just the gift buying part that isn’t a very big deal.

Completely understand! My son is finally at the age where we are starting to transition away from gifts and into more experiences which mean so much more. I am excited to see how he feels about the difference this Christmas.

I always start shopping early, picking up bargains or special items as I see them. We're also a family of 6, so I have a LOT of people that I'm looking and buying for. I'll set up my wrapping station on Nov. 1, so I can mostly wrap as I go--much easier, with this herd!

Next summer, we're going on a blow-out trip to Hawaii, so I'll be looking for Hawaii-themed gifts for Christmas, plus I traditionally make sleep pants--3 pairs each for 3 kids (4th won't wear them). I'll buy the fabric at Joanne's Black Friday sale, which typically starts a couple days early.

I also make Christmas cards--I've started that, because they can be time-consuming. I make 10 each of several styles--I'm "auditioning" styles now, if that makes sense.

Now, decorating, in this house, starts the day after Thanksgiving. My kids love Thanksgiving, and hate that Christmas encroaches on it so much. I might buy decorating supplies before then, but no actual decorating until the turkey is cleared.

Christmas cookies are a huge deal in this house. That will also start after Thanksgiving, with me putting several types in the freezer until it's time to make up platters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter