Chris & Megan's Wishes Wedding: Updated 8/2:Photobomb of the last month!

mebbradley

Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!
Once upon a time…..nope. That doesn’t fit within our lives but it’s always a nice start!​

Hi! I’m Megan! Welcome to our journey into planning our happily ever-after at our favorite place. I hope this is as helpful and fun to at least one person as much as other’s PJ’s were to me.

I’ll introduce us first so you know about the characters you get to read about! I’ve already introduced myself but I’ll do it again just like Dory in “Finding Nemo”! I’m Megan and I’m the bride! My fiancé is Chris and he’s the groom of course. Our tentative wedding day is June 27.2013. I can't wait to marry the love of my life and wish time would FLY already.

260236_10150293975253454_756123453_9013788_5820706_n.jpg

I'm one of those obnoxious people who loves organization. So....Here's the index to my planning journal. It might get a lot larger than this over time!

Us and Our Past/Future/Current Randomness
Our Story

My Ring

General Life Update 10.23

Hockey Injuries Stink

Happy 1-Year Anniversary

General Life Update: Part One [Christmas 2011]

General Life Update: Part Two [Christmas 2011]

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Happy 15 months Anniversary!

Hockey and 18 months together!

Seasonal Hours 2012: In Disney Currently

Engagement Photos
Hockey Engagement Photo Inspiration

Engagement Pictures from Shane Miller Images

Booked Randy Chapman

Our Engagement Photos Shipped!!!

Our Photos Arrived!

Engagement Photos from Randy Chapman Photography

Site Visit Information
Site Visit Itinerary

A Change in The Hotel Plans for the Site Visit

New and Updated Site Visit Itinerary with ADR's!

Site Visit TR: Day 1

Site Visit TR: Day 2 [SITE VISIT DAY]

Site Visit TR: Days 3/4/5 in Pictures

Alantic Dance Hall Site Visit

Plans and Details
Tentative Date

Save-The-Dates! First Draft

Ideas and Plans thus far

First Draft of Invitations

Floral Inspirational #1

Floral Inspiration #2

Groom's Cake Ideas and a cake topper!

Dress Shopping, Official Date, Invitations Update

Rose Petals for side of Aisle Runner

New Floral Bouquet

Bridesmaid Dress Choices

Introducing the Bridal Party

Dress Shopping [take 2?]

Ceremony Music Plans as of 12/27

Schedule of Events: 18 months out!

It's Tasty Too: Cake Tasting Dec. 2011

Introducing Starla and the dress I thought I'd get married in:)

Introducing my REAL bridal Gown

Birthday Celebration, 16 months out, Custom Hanger

Shoe Options

"Penciling-in Email"

Flower Girl Balls, Garter Progress, Program Idea and Unity Candle possibly

Location Changes Occurring and DP News

Things that I've bought- as of 6/13

DIY Finished Flower Girls Balls with Pictures and Cost

My Wedding Band, Our Photos Arrived, and First Look at Our Invitations!

DIY Aisle Runner [In Progress]

DIY Aisle Runner [Finished]

Soul Mate Shirts DIY

Budget Matters
Estimated BEO #1: Good Lord. No?

Estimated Floral BEO [Through Disney]

The First Floral BEO: Outside Florist [Lee Forrest]

Typed Floral List: Lee Forrest

The Second Floral BEO: Outside Florist [Jonathan's Flowers]

Typed Floral List: Jonathan's Flowers

yay your wedding will be a day after my birthday...have fun with ure pj..I started mine as well...its jay and tracies....

Our story:

Chris and I met through a friend who plays ice hockey with Chris. We met through my friend who gave Chris my phone number and told him I was just as craszy and sweet as he is. We started talking back and forth and added each other on facebook. We talked the first time that we talked on facebook for 6 hours! It felt like that time absolutly flew by. So I guess you could actually say that we met online [in a figurative sense!].

We hung out for the first time on Sept. 12, 2010 and on Sept. 27, he asked me if I would be his girlfriend. Well, it was actually a very cute conversation... We were sitting in my room at college and he looks down at me and said "My brothers want to know if you are my girlfriend". I looked up at him and said "Do you want me to be?". The silly boy said "I would absoultly love to be able to call you my girlfriend". And that's the cute story.

We then spent 5 months in a long-distance relationship while I did the Disney College Program in the Spring of 2011. He visited me three times during my program and I flew home once to attend a hockey game he played in at the Philadelphia Flyers Stadium.

Right before I came home in May, we went into the Magic Kingdom on May 17th, 2011 and Chris proposed! The only thing that I can remember about it is him saying "Megan, you know how much I love you...".

Right before....
268861_10150293964333454_756123453_9013643_263456_n.jpg

The moment of truth.....
259951_10150293964803454_756123453_9013659_743315_n.jpg

One of my favorites......
263026_10150293965433454_756123453_9013678_7839181_n.jpg

That's basically our story. We fell in love pretty quickly but we truly do trust and love each other so much. We're not geting married anytime soon anyway so we have time to learn each other.

Megan, I don't remember much from my proposal as well! :laughing: Can't wait to see all your plans!

Congratulations and welcome!!!
Your DF sounds so sweet!!!

Thanks! He is super sweet, I really love how silly and sweet we are together.

Megan, I don't remember much from my proposal as well! :laughing: Can't wait to see all your plans!

haha Thanks! Nope, That's all I remember. I think I remember thinking "This ring is too expensive for him to be giving me right now!"!

This is the ring that I was given. I absolutely love love love it so much. Chris picked it out with our mothers and then asked me what I thought. To be completely honest, I absolutely hated it from what he was telling me. He loved it however and took me to look at it when I came home in March. I honestly loved it after I saw it and tried it on.

It's based off of the necklace that I got for my high school graduation from my mom. She gave me the necklace with a letter telling her how proud she was of me and of my past, present and future.

This is my necklace [sorta, its just an image]...
211398967.jpg

He chose this ring:

pZALE1-6783183t400.jpg

249735_10150243565053454_756123453_8597928_8115350_n.jpg

Our Date!

Right now, our date is set on....

Wednesday, June 27. 2012

That's the top date that we want. However, there are rumors flying everywhere about training and deployment and god knows what else with DF [Chris] because he is active-duty with the US Air Force. We hopefully will know in October [right after our site visit] is 2012 will work or not so if it does, all steam ahead!

If not, we're planning for......
Thursday, June 27. 2013

Notice the similarity? It's the same date, a year later. The 27th was the day that we started officially dating on in 2010 and We want to keep that day. It' will be my hockey number too! :D

Ideas and Plans!​

We know that we want the 12:00 service at the Wedding Pavilion. We want 12:00 because neither of us are true morning people [except for work!] as well as Chris does not like the idea of “brunch”. He just doesn’t. So, we’ve headed more towards a lunch reception.

We know that we want a reception with characters appearing at some point. At this point, we’re headed more towards The Contemporary Resort as we love the look and feel of that hotel. I attended an Easter Sunday Service there this year and loved the way the resort was set up.

As of right now, we are hoping that the budget works out to cover a dessert party as well. We’re not sure at this point but we’ll see. I’ve done about 8 million calculations and nothing has worked out the way I hoped!

At this point, I’ve figured out to a certain extent of what I want for floral and decorations. We’ve done a rough draft for save-the-dates and invitations and I will eventually post those as well.

Guest list:
Originally we started out with 38 people counting Chris and I. We were so very happy with that number and then we started added more of our family onto the list. We’re up to 64. Yikes. We are budgeting for 75 at the moment and praying that not that many show up! That sounds absolutely terrible but we would love to be able to give our guests a lovely experience. For many of the guests, this is their first trip to Disney.

Here is the first draft of our save-the-dates!​

I created them myself using some images that I found online, maniputlating them and then creating our images. They need some work still but I'm pretty pleased for a rough draft.

SAM_2926-1.jpg

This is the front, back and envelope.
They are 5 by 7 size in total, the white fastpass part is 4 by 6.

What do you think??

congrats and welcome!! Love the STD's! Super cute. The font looks amazing, and great idea using "fast passes." Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Here is our invitations so far. I'm most likely going to be making them myself for the Disney Ceremony and Reception.

This was the first draft that I created a while back. They have now evolved a little bit further and we've decided we'll be doing a pre-rsvp as well.

I got the little graphic from somewhere here on the boards and a kind Dis-er changed the color for me! Thanks to you, if you'r reading! :)

from the top left [clockwise] is the back of the schedule of events, the envelope, and then the invitation. Missing is the RSVP and front of the schedule.

SAM_2929-1.jpg

What do you think? Any advice?

congrats and welcome!! Love the STD's! Super cute. The font looks amazing, and great idea using "fast passes." Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Thanks! I saw it on here somewhere and loved it, showed it to my fiance and he was like....how can we do that? So a couple of hours infront of my computer and this version was created.

Followed you over here from my PJ. Love your story! I can't wait for more updates :goodvibes

Thanks! I love your PJ! :)

Awwww.... I love your stories! The way you met, the way he wanted you to be his girlfriend, and the proposal!

You're Save the Dates and Invitations are amazing!!!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Awwww.... I love your stories! The way you met, the way he wanted you to be his girlfriend, and the proposal!

You're Save the Dates and Invitations are amazing!!!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Awwwww that's so nice! Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter