• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Children's menu for adults?

summerlvr

DIS Veteran
My DD19 is a very light eater, she eats several small meals rather than large ones. Since we don't always want the same things, sharing won't always be an option. If I order something she doesn't care for, would she be able to order off the children's menu at TS restaurants?

Anyone? I would really like to know the answer to this before I book any ADR's.

The short answer is no. Though some people at some restaurants have been able to do it. Mostly for medical reasons such as having gastric bypass. I would go with the assumption they won't allow it.

Yes :goodvibes

The only time I've heard of this being a problem is if your on the dining plan. Otherwise you should be fine :thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess she can just order an appetizer or soup and salad at most places.

I think you can order off the children's menu if you are on DDP, but you will have an adult meal credit deducted. I am not sure if they will do it for a full fledged adult, but they have done it for my daughter (12)

I am not sure what they do if you are paying OOP.

while my brother has an average size appetite, he's incredibly picky... he was able to order off the children's menu in a few places and more than once get two kids' meals (one for his appetizer and one for his main course) for one adult ddp credit... of course, he did not go in expecting this, but when he asked (and offered to pay if necessary) they were all more than accomodating...

I ordered off the children's menu for every meal last July. The one exception was at Les Chefs where I wanted an adult meal. There was never an issue with it. I'm 27 and clearly not a child. They were very understanding that I didn't have a big appetite. It also left the option of snacking later and trying more things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter