Children's Activity Centers - Availability Question

Hime

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Is it possible that all children's activity centers (except Simba's) are booked for a date that is all the way out in April? Do they book up often? I read about some price changes happening (hourly rate to flat rate) and some "enhancements" happening here on the DISboards. Do you think they would stop taking reservations for these places until they got that all figured out? I'm not getting any answers from the CM's at the Dining Reservations phone number.....

Honestly, no idea. Did you try making a reservation? I'm not sure when you are going, but we have never had any problems walking up, day of, and getting a spot for my DS to go to Sandcastle Club and Lilo's Playhouse. This was in April, May and August of this year.

I called the other day and the CMs (I called multiple times over the course of two days) all told me they were booked up solid - except Simba's. One CM actually gave me the phone number for Lilo's Playhouse telling me that Dining did not do reservations for the activity centers anymore. Lilo's, of course, couldn't book my reservation for way out in April and told me I needed to talk to Dining! Sigh. So, since I had them on the phone, I asked if they fill up regularly. The guy on the phone said sometimes, like around major holidays. Hmmmm. I wonder what's going on??

That's really strange. We had no problem calling day-of and getting a reservation for DD at Sandcastle Club. Maybe with the changes to the kids clubs going on (especially regarding how you make reservations), some wires are getting crossed? I'd check back. If I've learned anything from this forum, it's that no two CMs ever seem to have the same info.

I'm going to try to call again today and see what's up. I'll let you know if I learn anything. Thanks!!!

If it's for April, it's possible the availability may not be loaded yet. I've never had a problem booking a few days before...

I would call dining back. I just called the other evening for Simba's Cubhouse for the end of January. I had no issues getting a reservation for both of my kids for the end of January. I didn't know how far out they booked so I called early. It's possible they are booked but if most people walk up or book a couple days before there should be some availability.

I just called Dining today after finding some information on TouringPlans.com blog about the upcoming "enhancements" to Lilo's Playhouse and the Sandcastle Club (cooking classes, experiments, characters, etc.) that will be coming in December and the talk of the rate fee changes here on DisBoards. I FINALLY got a CM that did some digging for info. She told me that Lilo's, Sandcastle and Cub's Den have not loaded their availability times yet for April. It might have something to do with the changes that are coming. She said that they needed to have their times loaded by the end of December/1st of week of January at the latest. But, said they might have them earlier and to keep calling back.

I just tried to make reservations at Sandcastle Club for late December today and was told they are booking up to Dec. 3 and that the rest of December will open up in "early November", which is NOW, but they still aren't available, LOL!! I'll keep calling every few days to see if anything changes. Meanwhile, I'm calling Camp Dolphin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter