Children and Hair

SnowAngel

<font color=FF00CC>Of all the things I've lost my
My 2yo cut the hair off on one side of her head.. all those beautiful curls.. sigh :eek:

My 6 yo and 8 yo did that 2 years ago. :rolleyes: At least the baby didn't give herself a crew cut like my middle one did. Crew cuts don't like quite right on girls. :eek: My oldest had cut her waist length hair to her shoulder.

What is it with children and cutting hair??

I wonder this myself. My DS#2 cut his hair several times when he was little. He always did this at preschool as I had all the scissors put away at home. Once burned, twice wary, ya know. he always seemed to take a big chunk out of the middle of the front.

The worst was when he started giving the dog "dude stripes". Remember those. Poor dog had series of little layers on his legs. He also trimmed off all the feathering on one of his back legs. It makes a golden retreiver look pretty odd. :rolleyes:

I remeber as a 4 year old cutting my pony tails off..........I remember the trouble:rolleyes: I got into too. I don't remember why I did this but. The reign of scissor terror was not just to my hair but did in our cats' whiskers. That was a very bad idea, as I recall. The poor cat was not right for a while after that and niether was my bottom!!!

I cut off all my hair as a child many times. As I got older, I was still into cutting hair, so I just cut off my brothers and sister's hair. :eek:

I had this little salon going in the basement of our house - who knows where my mother was??? She had 9 kids, I guess she only had one pair of eyes. Anyway, I was constantly forcing my little brothers and little sister to be my guinea pigs. Once I made my brother Nick, who was blessed with thick, wavy hair, to be my guinea pig for the Farrah Fawcett do. LOL. He has yet to let me forget that, some 30 years later...... :p I had a new curling iron, and had to try it out on someone, and my hair was so straight I thought it would work better on Nicky! I also put blonde streaks in my brother Tim's hair one year, my mother was LIVID! :p And my little sister was a guinea pig too for all sorts of styles.

My sister got me back though - she cut off all my doll Velvet's hair! :(

In any case, I think some kids are just naturally "artistic"..... :p If I hadn't had become an artist, I probably would have become a hair stylist..... :)

LOL, Judi! "A little salon"!!

A friend of mine's DD cut her bangs completely off. It seemed like forever before they grew back.

Thankfully my older dd never did that. Her hair is to her waist. My younger dd has done it twice. Both times she did a good job though. You could barely tell where she cut the hair from - except for the fact that there was hair on my floor. But now she knows that when she thinks she needs a trip she is supposed to tell me, not do it herself!

the other day she told me that she wants to be a hair stylist when she grows up.

My DS did this last year. He was 6 and cut so many chunks out of the top we had to shave him BALD! We only went to the mall once when it was really short, and he kept getting the most pathetic looks. Even got a free icecream from the Dairy Queen in the mall. I think they thought he was sick...

:eek:

He swore never to do it again, and hasn't. I think we're lucky he was a boy. I can't imagine if he were a bald girl!

We just put highlights in his hair. He's just going to be one of those cool hair kids...

I'm just not sure if that's good or bad! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter