Child and adult switching MB

luvsTink

DIS Veteran
Come to find out my 3 year old grandsons new favorite color is the color of DH's MB....if they switch will there be some confusion at the gate? How does the sensor know who is a kid?

Anne

Come to find out my 3 year old grandsons new favorite color is the color of DH's MB....if they switch will there be some confusion at the gate? How does the sensor know who is a kid?

Anne

Each band is assigned to a specific guest.

Each guest's band accesses a central file of information that
contains name, age, address, and lots of other things connected to each guest, individually.

If the MB's were issued as part of a WDW Resort Package, the band will also
have the guest's name printed/etched into the actual band.

Yes, this I understand.....my question is, when tapped to the reader does it differentiate between adult and child.....or, can we switch identities at check in

Anne

Yes, this I understand.....

my question is,

1. when tapped to the reader does it differentiate between adult and child.....

2. or, can we switch identities at check in

Anne

1. Yes.

2. You MIGHT be able to do it then.
You MIGHT be able to do it by calling WDW before your trip.

Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) or

Call the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 (option #2)

I know 2 weeks is pretty soon but you may want to wait. Your grandchild is 3 in all honesty their favorite color may change before you leave possibly even 27 times by then. I know this may be harsh but I wouldn't even concern myself with it. They will be at DISNEYWORLD I doubt they will really care about the color of a bracelet. But then again I am not a grandparent nor do I give in to every want of m kids (no offense intended).

If you do switch them your DH will not have any charging options since that is not allowed on the child's MB. If you opted for charging privileges.

Malibu.....thanks for the reality check....you are correct...and, curtailing my DH's charging privileges might actually be a good idea :lmao:
It's his first trip, so I MIGHT be over-functioning a bit

You are a sweet grandmother! But as the bands can be glitchy even under simple circumstances, it might be safer to leave them as is. :) You could get some special stickers in your grandson's favorite color to put on his band, perhaps.

Malibu.....thanks for the reality check....you are correct...and, curtailing my DH's charging privileges might actually be a good idea :lmao:
It's his first trip, so I MIGHT be over-functioning a bit

;) You are a grandmother that's you're job on the first trip and every subsequent one!

Enjoy the visit!

I would suggest leaving them as is, but perhaps allowing him to pick out his favorite package of Magic BandIts when he arrives to customize it with. They are $6.95 per pack of 3 and they have everything from Cars to Mickey and the Gang! They are really cute. My DD and I have had fun mix & matching the sets we got. They stay securely, even though it doesn't look like they would.

I would suggest leaving them as is, but perhaps allowing him to pick out his favorite package of Magic BandIts when he arrives to customize it with. They are $6.95 per pack of 3 and they have everything from Cars to Mickey and the Gang! They are really cute. My DD and I have had fun mix & matching the sets we got. They stay securely, even though it doesn't look like they would.

The above was going to be my suggestion as well. My MIL bought two packs of the "coverbands" for the grand kids to share and they had fun using different covers each day.

The MB's themselves are linked to the owner by name, age and pass and can be used on subsequent trips. My niece and nephew were called by name after scanning for FP+ a couple times and they got such a kick out of this.

I read a thread where you can now purchase extra magic bands- this could be another option for him as well as the above.

Here is a link to the accessories and cover bands - they are available at all the resort gift shops and at the parks. !
http://damouse.com/2013/06/24/previ...ise-coverbands-magicbandits-and-magicsliders/

Have a Great trip - we had the pleasure of having "Nana" with us last trip as well as my SIL, Niece and Nephew and that truly was special.

The cm's at the entrances have a handheld device that shows your name and probably the status of the band. A couple of times they said "welcome Debra". So if your husband had a child's band, it would probably come up. Plus adults have to use the finger scan, not sure about children. Used to be they didn't.

They do sell MB in the parks next to the accessories. Maybe if he still wants a different color you can just pick up an extra one when you get there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter