Chefs de France to open October 8, reservations now available

This is great news, just got a dining reservations for the week we are down there. Very excited!

Just booked. Not sure I'm going to keep it considering no lobster bisque but...that and Tusker House are the only two restaurants on property that every single member of my family requests.

Plus we are staying at CBR and its so convenient to the sky liner, so enjoy Epcot, enjoy a dinner there and catch the liner back before it closes sounds perfect!

Just booked. Not sure I'm going to keep it considering no lobster bisque but...that and Tusker House are the only two restaurants on property that every single member of my family requests.

Plus we are staying at CBR and its so convenient to the sky liner, so enjoy Epcot, enjoy a dinner there and catch the liner back before it closes sounds perfect!
Oh no! No lobster bisque. My DD will be so bummed. Hopefully they bring it back later.

Do they have chicken as an entree? I was looking at the menu they have out now. I didn’t see it, wasn’t sure if I missed it.

The pandemic has forced many organizations to transform and do things they didn't want to do, even though people wanted it for years. Other times its been used to accelerate change like approaches like prix fixe menu, which we have seen before the pandemic. I wonder if many restaurants are going to open with prix fixe menu offerings and continue forward with only having this menu option going forward? It streamlines operations and reduces cost.

chefs de france (2).jpg

The menu has been pared down some, but it still features many guest favorites, like French Onion Soup, Boeuf Bourguignon, and Creme Brulee. The prix fixe meal called Menu Francais available for $49.50. With this option, you get the choice of one appetizer, one entrée, one dessert, a glass of either Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon, and a soda, ice tea, coffee, or tea. Viva la France. Worth a try.

We dined at Chef's de France last night. It was good, not great, but it was also their first night and we had some amazing meals elsewhere. The french onion soup was a standout. The charcuterie plate was also very good. The prix fixe can be a good deal., especially since not everyone has to get it and you can share the appetizer and the dessert.

Closing really hit this restaurant hard. The manager told us he lost 100 employees who had to go back home to France. The staff was working very hard and many of the servers present were either assistant managers or managers of other dining venues who had formerly worked at Chefs de France and had been called back to work in the restaurant now.

I was a little surprised they don't honor a DVC discount.

Last edited:
I just made a reservation for next month. If things dont improve, I do not want to spend 50 for my boys to have a mediocre meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter