• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France 03/24/07

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Chefs is a popular place because it is where you can't hardly go wrong. :thumbsup2 Strangely enough I think it has been almost two years since we have eaten at Chefs. :confused3 Have no idea why. Just so many other choices I guess.

I made ADRs Friday, for our Saturday time, and could choose any time I wanted. And when we arrived the place was half empty. It soon filled up though. Epcot was busy the time we where there. But it was not the normal busy we see on a Saturday night. (We went to DTD afterwards and it was PACKED, as usual! NO wonder Disney plans on building basically a second DTD.)

We were seated and our server came over right away. We just ordered ice teas to drink, and got them pronto.

We usually do not get an appetizer. But we were both really hungry. I ordered:
Champignons sauvages et quarte fromages - Wild mushrooms and four cheeses as our appetizer.

For my main meal I ordered:
Cote de Porc Fermiere - Vande Rose farms frenched pork chop with mushroom demi glace and sweet potato puree

DH ordered:
Jarret d'agneau printanier - lamb shank with turnips, carrots, lima beans and pearl pasta
(He has had this dish before, but it has been a long time ago.)

Our server brought us bread. Warm, crusty and yummy as expected. :)

Awhile later our appy came. :scared1: We were expecting a little selection. It was a medium pizza. AND VERY GOOD. DH :love: it. He said a few times how GOOD it was.
Even the crust was good. It was like mix between a pastry dough and regular pizza dough. They probably use butter instead. LOTS of mushrooms on it. And the cheese was good too. This and a salad could easily make a meal.
It came sliced in quarters. I have a slice of it in my frig now! :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

Soon afterwards came the main meals. (ugh I would not have eaten the bread had I know how big the appy was.:upsidedow )

Needless to say our main dishes were very good too. My porkchop was thick, so a little hard to cut. But lots more mushrooms :rotfl2: and very tasty. The side dishes were brussel sprouts and the sweet potato puree. Anyone eating at Chefs knows they are big on using rounded molds for the dishes (even their lasagna). :rotfl:
I had a perfect little round mold of sweet potato puree. It was VERY good. Not overly sweet like us Americans make. Sweet, but I could easily still taste the sweet potato flavor. Very good. :thumbsup2

DH wolfed down his meal and said it was very good. He ate every last bite and I never heard a complaint. It really looked good. I have had his dish too, and it was good back then. He said how tender the lamb was. Pull off the bone tender. (Both our meats came on the bone.)

A guest next to us (you know how close the tables are) ordered The French Menu, which includes a multiple course meal. A side on that meal is braised tomato.

When the neighbor rec'd his meal, DH said how well he remembered how GOOD those braised tomatoes are. His mouth was watering then. :lmao:
Later I overheard the guy ask his dining partner (wife?) how they made those and how good they were. :rotfl2:

Anyway -- another overall very good meal. We used our DDE discount card. I was surprised how much the meal cost. I did not recall it being that high. But usually we don't get an appy. That was probably why.

Can't go wrong with Chefs. :yay: Always good service and an enjoyable meal.

Thanks for the great review! We will be trying Chefs de France for the first time during our next trip. Thanks again. :upsidedow

Thanks for the review! We will be eating here for dinner at the end of April. We're very excited. It will be my first experience with a full french meal!

thanks for the review - we are trying to decide on our second WS meal and now Chefs is stepping up in the race (Chefs vs. San Angel vs. Nine Dragons)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter