Chef Mickey's vs. Be Our Guest

Chef Mickey's Breakfast, BOG lunch, or BOTH?!

• Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • BOG Lunch

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • DO BOTH!!!

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Hey all!!!

Heading to Disney in December! YAY!

Anyway, I've been making dining reservations and we REALLY want to do Chef Mickey's and Be Our Guest while we are there. But, as luck would have it, got both reservations.. on the same day.

Hopefully something will come up where we can switch, but if not...

Would you pick Chef Mickey's breakfast or BOG Lunch?? OR.... should we do both, and just plan to have a light lunch at BOG?! Our Chef Mickey's reservation is at 7:00 (YAWN!) and BOG lunch at 11:30. Might be too much?!

You will probably have a million people come along and tell you to completely skip Chef Mickeys. But since you really want to try both I say try both! If I really wanted to try a restaurant and didn't I would regret it and think about it too much afterwards.

BOG is a can't miss place for the atmosphere and the menu for lunch works well cause you can order as much or as little as you want.

Go and enjoy!

You will probably have a million people come along and tell you to completely skip Chef Mickeys. But since you really want to try both I say try both! If I really wanted to try a restaurant and didn't I would regret it and think about it too much afterwards.

BOG is a can't miss place for the atmosphere and the menu for lunch works well cause you can order as much or as little as you want.

Go and enjoy!

Really? Why?

Every restaurant has people that love or hate it. CM seems to see a lot more of the hate side from this board.

Regardless, if you want to try something, I think you should try it at least once to get your own view on it.

As they say one man's trash is another's treasure although we should use a nicer restaurant worthy cliche instead.

Do both for sure! They are completely different experiences and both worth doing once especially if you've never been. CM doesn't get great reviews food wise, but personally we haven't had a bad experience there. The food is average buffet quality, but the character experience makes it worth it IMO.

Do both. I think that BOG is almost like an attraction, so if you have never see the inside of he Castle it is worth the time.

As far as CM goes, my family likes it. Is CM a fine dining experience? Nope. But the food is good, and the character interaction is fun.

Keep them both - the nice thing about BOG is you can order as little as you want. And share. Still full from breakfast? Share the delicious pork and a cupcake. Or just get a cupcake and coffee/drink.

It's worth it to do once, for sure. It's beautifully themed.

A full buffet followed by an early lunch? I couldn't do it.

Keep them both - the nice thing about BOG is you can order as little as you want. And share. Still full from breakfast? Share the delicious pork and a cupcake. Or just get a cupcake and coffee/drink.

It's worth it to do once, for sure. It's beautifully themed.

Are the cupcakes delish? I'm quite the cupcake lover!

A 7am breakfast requires getting up really really early, I would need a nap by noon.

I vote for lunch and skip bfast

I think they're very different experiences, and since BOG lunch is menu-driven, you can eat light if you still have indigestion from CM.

Hey all!!!

Heading to Disney in December! YAY!

Anyway, I've been making dining reservations and we REALLY want to do Chef Mickey's and Be Our Guest while we are there. But, as luck would have it, got both reservations.. on the same day.

Hopefully something will come up where we can switch, but if not...

Would you pick Chef Mickey's breakfast or BOG Lunch?? OR.... should we do both, and just plan to have a light lunch at BOG?! Our Chef Mickey's reservation is at 7:00 (YAWN!) and BOG lunch at 11:30. Might be too much?!

No way could we eat lunch at BOG after eating a buffet b'fast at CM. Love, love, the braised pork at BOG lunch - we eat a quick b'fast roll in the morning beforehand - not a full fledged b'fast.

We're early birds anyway, but I still can't imagine getting to a 7:00 am breakfast! And definitely not for Chef Mickey!!!

Where are you staying? Who's in your party? Do you have your own transportation? Just trying to figure out how much of a hassle that 7:00 ADR will be.

Honestly, even without that factored in, I'd go for the BOG lunch. We've enjoyed it very much and my kids insist on it now each trip--and we're talking teenage boys here!

I fall into the above-mentioned Chef Mickey negative people. Bad experience on several occasions (kept trying to give it the benefit of the doubt!). Dirty, chaotic, and just-edible food. So many other, better choices out there.

I would do both, but maybe try to bump the BOG lunch for later in the day- 1 pm maybe?

We LOVE Chef Mickey's (we've only been there for dinner though!) and it was on DH's must do list for this trip. Transportation is another factor- we wanted to have breakfast at 'Ohana on our non park day morning, and figured we'd either have to do 9 am and hope we made it on time via Disney transportation (boat from WL to Contemporary, then monorail over to Poly) since those won't start running until 8:30 am (half hour before the parks open) or we'd just have to drive ourselves. We picked 7:30 am and drive ourselves, otherwise by the time we ate and made it back to the Lodge to get the car to go offsite it would be 11 am at least.... Just another thing to consider!

If we decide not to do Chef Mickeys, what other options are there for character meals to meet Mickey? We have done Tusker House before. I would be ok with another not in the parks too because we won't be doing parks every day.

If we decide not to do Chef Mickeys, what other options are there for character meals to meet Mickey? We have done Tusker House before. I would be ok with another not in the parks too because we won't be doing parks every day.
Mickey is at a lot of meals:

Ohana breakfast
Tusker House (all day)
Garden Grill (all day)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (2TS credit for DDP)
Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V (dinner only)

Mickey also does M&G in every park and is fairly easy to find.

I would do both, but just have cupcakes or something at BOG, not a full meal.

I wasn't all that knocked out by BOG. It's a place to eat that just happens to look like someone tried to transform a school cafeteria into the Beast's castle.
However, I voted for both! Always both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter