Chef Mickey's Dinner Disappointment

pattycakes

Earning My Ears
My family has eaten at Chef Mickey's for dinner for the last 25 years. Sadly, we will no longer be eating there, due to the changes Disney has made to the food. The Prime Rib has been changed to Roast beef. We could deal with that, but the world renown parmesan potatoes have now been changed to SMASHED potatoes?!! There is no longer pizza offered for kids. The whole menu has changed for the worse, but the prices continue to rise. On our last trip, not only was this our most expensive meal, but the worst meal we had. We were so disappointed, as we have loved Chef Mickey's over the years, and have so many fond memories of seeing Mickey there, waving our napkins to the music, and the awesome food. It makes me sad that Disney feels the need to change things that don't need to be changed!

My family has eaten at Chef Mickey's for dinner for the last 25 years. Sadly, we will no longer be eating there, due to the changes Disney has made to the food. The Prime Rib has been changed to Roast beef. We could deal with that, but the world renown parmesan potatoes have now been changed to SMASHED potatoes?!! There is no longer pizza offered for kids. The whole menu has changed for the worse, but the prices continue to rise. On our last trip, not only was this our most expensive meal, but the worst meal we had. We were so disappointed, as we have loved Chef Mickey's over the years, and have so many fond memories of seeing Mickey there, waving our napkins to the music, and the awesome food. It makes me sad that Disney feels the need to change things that don't need to be changed!
Sorry you had a bad experience. We love Chef Mickey's & those famous potatoes were my fav too! I dont like when they change classic favorites either. I was so bummed over Pecos Bills too.

Any restaurant has to change up it's menu a bit to stay fresh. Sorry you were disappointed but you can never depend on a restaurant having the same thing year after year.

We are skipping it next year much to my kids disappointment. I can't justify the price and they will all be Disney adults. I loved it as did they.

So now I need to find a new place for arrival day dinner and I am hoping to do the hoop de doo...yeah I am priced out of chef mickeys so I want to spend more money at the Hoop de doo! Crazy right?

We switched to the brunch. Much better.

I agree, I have the best memories of going to CM growing up. I went back last year with my own daughter and was really disappointed. The ice cream bar is a pitiful shell of its former glory!

I guess some things are better left as a memory.

I went there in January and was pleasantly surprised so I decided to take my mom there when she was down visiting this week. It was awful. They ran out of several desserts, the Cast Members were unfriendly and inattentive and we got skipped over by the characyets and hadn't to end up waiting for them to come back around at the very end. Once we saw them the character interactions were great but we'd gotten our check before we'd even met one character.

It was one of our children's favorites, and we always ended our trips with breakfast/brunch.
We haven't had a decent meal in years there, and last Christmas was the last straw. We said we are done brushing off/making excuses bad experiences or food.
Too many other great places we would spend our money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter