Chef Art Smith, yea or nay?

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Never been. Did you like the food ?
Was it reasonably priced (For DisneY) ? What did you love about it & what did you not love about it.
Thank you

meh

It's okay. It will definitely fill everyone up. I would consider it reasonably priced. It's heavy though. Lots of fried stuff. Lots of cheese on things. Lots of bread and breading. Very gracious service. Nice atmosphere. A good place for families, if you aren't looking for particularly healthy options.

We’ve eaten there several times and enjoyed it. The last time was with a party of 9, ages 12 to 70, and everyone liked their food. I’m partial to the fried chicken, but there are many other options.

Yes, Disney prices.

ETA, our last visit was December 2020.

Last edited:
Never been. Did you like the food ?
Was it reasonably priced (For DisneY) ? What did you love about it & what did you not love about it.
Thank you
We loved it when it first opened but haven’t had the best luck there since. I feel like the quality has lessened which makes me sad because we couldn’t get enough that first year. Even the service changed for the worse. I hate writing this and am probably in the minority.

We love it. But we usually stick with some form of the fried chicken, so can't speak to many of the other items. Though the deviled eggs are tasty. The Thigh High Chicken Biscuit appetizer is my favorite (and huge - often order it as my entree and still have leftovers). Their portions in general are very large, so we always end up having leftovers for another meal. That helps with the cost. It's not out of the ordinary for Disney pricing, but it is pricey for the type of food they serve. Still, we eat there a lot and feel it's worth it to us. Service has always been great and we enjoy the atmosphere.

meh

It's okay. It will definitely fill everyone up. I would consider it reasonably priced. It's heavy though. Lots of fried stuff. Lots of cheese on things. Lots of bread and breading. Very gracious service. Nice atmosphere. A good place for families, if you aren't looking for particularly healthy options.
I agree that it is very heavy food. If that's what you like, it is decent quality and delicious. I would definitely consider it indulgent. We have had good service and decent cocktails.

Just had it a couple of weeks ago and found it to be very good as usual.

Like others, I stick to the fried chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes. Not healthy but delicious.

Also, a random addition we tried was the cauliflower on the appetizer menu. It comes out looking like chicken wings but is really good and flavorful.

We had similar experiences when we first went it was excellent and the service was outstanding. My wife has an allergy and they were so good with her. we Went back many times and slowly noticed a different manager and asked about my wife’s allergy and he had an attitude. Food came but wasn’t that good. Everyone has a bad day so we went back and same experience manager seemed bothered that we asked for an allergy preparation then food came out wrong and when we bought it their attention they were less than enthusiastic. Replacement food took forever and just wasn’t good As it had been in earlier years.

I still haven't been (we got stormed out for our ADR), but I had asked awhile back if you are a southerner was it worth it. A lot of people said no. Just a thought in case this is normal regional food for you.

Homecomin' has no allergy-friendly section on the Disney online menu.

That usually is true of non-Disney restaurants, which are not obliged to offer dishes suitable for allergies. Those set their own policies regarding whether or not they'll modify dishes accordingly. Some will, others say they haven't suitable food prep areas and simply can't. That's especially so for places in Disney Springs.

We try to go to Homecomin' every Disney trip we make ! I always order their "Fried Chicken Salad" and sub out for grilled chicken, add blue cheese crumbles and avocado. I always feel it is the best salad I get on my Disney trips. Our family of six adults just ate there in June and had no complaints, except it was a tiny bit loud for one person and I think we all wished we had brought a sweater with us. Everyone loved their food and there was plenty to go around and share. We only got one appetizer, Deviled Eggs, because we knew the lunch portions would be plenty. Have had the Fried Green Tomatoes in the past, and they were good. Price wise, I try not to look at any of our vacation meal costs ;>

Been there several times and it's really good. Lots of great choices on the menu.

Some of the best deviled eggs I’ve had outside of my own kitchen. And the thigh-high chicken biscuits, as others have mentioned are excellent and enough for an entree. In fact, my wife and I sometimes share these two items and a dessert, and that’s a fine meal.

We had similar experiences when we first went it was excellent and the service was outstanding. My wife has an allergy and they were so good with her. we Went back many times and slowly noticed a different manager and asked about my wife’s allergy and he had an attitude. Food came but wasn’t that good. Everyone has a bad day so we went back and same experience manager seemed bothered that we asked for an allergy preparation then food came out wrong and when we bought it their attention they were less than enthusiastic. Replacement food took forever and just wasn’t good As it had been in earlier years.
When we're you there last ? Was it resent?

When we're you there last ? Was it resent?
Last time about a year ago. The first few times they were fantastic the chef came out and discussed my wife’s allergies with her and made her a fantastic meal. This went on as we would go every trip. They were always so accommodating. Then we had the one experience and figured everyone has a bad day and then it happened again so we haven’t been back. The food was always good but with so many restaurants in Disney we just choose to try elsewhere. This is common though where some people have have bad experiences others have great ones.

We enjoyed our meal. Our only complaint was that the portions were so large we didn't have room for dessert and there was lots of great choices for it. :)

We've been 6 times, most recently in April. When they had the dining plan it was just too much food. Excellent but heavy and always left there feeling pretty bloated. Now my wife and I usually split the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits, Church Lady Deviled Eggs and a piece of Hummingbird Cake. If really hungry we'll throw in a side of Mac & Cheese. Combine that with a Shine Sampler and you've got the making of a good night!

YEA! It has become our tradition to have that for our final meal. As others have said though its so much food-we tend to split a couple different things. However we have never gotten the refillable cups and that will change this year lol!

I second the fried chicken salad for an entree. Good salad with fresh ingredients. You can have some fried chicken without feeling like you need to be rolled out of the restaurant. I like all of their salads, but this is a favorite. Leaves more room for dessert! My favorite drink is the white peach sangria. The restaurant can be loud with loud music. I like sitting outside. We go there several times a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter