• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checking into VGF

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I stopped by the Villas to check them out since we'll be staying there in Feb. I thought I read they had a check-in desk in the villas' lobby but they didn't look like check-in, not sure what they were doing-selling DVC?

So I guess we check in at the hotel?

VGF is using more of a traditional desk for check-in. Just like the concierge check-in at AKV Jambo House.

VGF is using more of a traditional desk for check-in. Just like the concierge check-in at AKV Jambo House.

Those desks were for check-in? How are people supposed to know that if they don't have these helpful people on the Dis? :goodvibes We don't know what concierge looks like. :worried:

There was one CM in the lobby not doing anything but looking at his phone both when I entered the lobby and again when I entered after taking a walk outside. Never said anything to me. Some signage would help IMHO. Or maybe a CM doing his job!

You go to a desk and have a seat across from a cm to check in. We found this was a very nice touch. It was a relaxing and personalized way to start the vacation. :)

Those desks were for check-in? How are people supposed to know that if they don't have these helpful people on the Dis? :goodvibes We don't know what concierge looks like. :worried: There was one CM in the lobby not doing anything but looking at his phone both when I entered the lobby and again when I entered after taking a walk outside. Never said anything to me. Some signage would help IMHO. Or maybe a CM doing his job!
When we pulled up to the resort, someone from bell services loaded our luggage onto a cart. Another cm asked our last name and was holding an iPad/tablet and pulled our info up. She then walked us inside to one of the desks, gave the cm our information, and we took a seat to check in.

We were a little confused checking in last week. But one of the CMs walked us over to the desk and explained that was the new style Disney is going for.

I agree that it was not obvious at all - they looked more like concierge desks than the check in desks at every other hotel I've stayed at, Disney or other.

Yep. I had a similar experience last week. I walked in and looked confused for a few minutes before I was invited to sit at one of the desks. It was nice to sit, but every time I thought we were done, I began to stand and had to sit down again once I realized he wasn't finished. And when we really were all set, he never stood - just looked at me like, "do you need something else?" It was an odd experience. Just have to get used to that one, I guess :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter