Checking in online and going straight to room?

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
At first the sound of this appealed to me, but how do you get your parking pass (and whatever else it is they give you - a map and sometimes discount coupons?) Do you have to go back to the reception at some time anyway and get them? Or might they leave them in the room? I kind of doubt that but thought I'd check. If I have to stop by the reception desk anyway, I'll just do it on the way in to make sure they got my room request.

They don't give you discount coupons at check-in.

If you need a parking pass, they give it to you when you come in the gate when you scan your Magic Band.

They don't give you discount coupons at check-in.

If you need a parking pass, they give it to you when you come in the gate when you scan your Magic Band.

I've always had to go to the front desk to get my parking pass, I've stayed at YC/BC/BW for deluxe and CBR, CSR and POR at moderates and POP/ASsp for values.

You are not always going to get to by pass the front desk, anyway. I have never, not once, received a text that my room was ready before I arrived but I drive down and usually arrive around 2 or 3. There should be a packet in your room with a map and a times guide.

I've always had to go to the front desk to get my parking pass, I've stayed at YC/BC/BW for deluxe and CBR, CSR and POR at moderates and POP/ASsp for values.

You are not always going to get to by pass the front desk, anyway. I have never, not once, received a text that my room was ready before I arrived but I drive down and usually arrive around 2 or 3. There should be a packet in your room with a map and a times guide.

I guess it depends then. Our last 3 trips that we drove down, we stayed at CBR and we never got a parking pass. Used our Magic Bands exclusively.

Last edited:
We didn't get a parking pass at YC in Dec and were told they are doing away with them since can just use the MB. We got an e-mail at the airport that our room wasn't ready and hadn't gotten an update by the time we drove there so went to the front desk and the CM found us an available room. We got maps and times guides then but I believe they were also in the room.

We didn't get a parking pass at YC in Dec and were told they are doing away with them since can just use the MB.

I got one in September at YC, but it could be that during Food & Wine they are more strict about parking. I also got one at BWV last week when we were there for the Marathon. Both times I got the parking pass at the guard gate.

Ironically, I seem to have better luck bypassing the front desk at Mods or Values, than I do at Deluxes. I either don't get an email at all, or I get an email that says I have to go to the front desk when staying Deluxe. I'm not sure why, as it seems to work flawlessly for me at the Mods and Values.

If you have very specific room requests OP, then I wouldn't even bother with online check in. I would just go to the front desk so you can be sure you get a room you will be happy with.

Haven't gotten a parking pass in years (values and moderates).

That's strange. We've always got a pass, but it's always been from the desk. I don't remember ever getting one from the gate. We've gotten coupons once or twice from the desk, and I thought we would this time because our packet was very light. Nothing like before when we would get a book of coupons and luggage tags, etc.

Last edited:
The coupon book and luggage tags are only mailed out if you book a package reservation.
And you won't get either at check-in if you didn't book a package. Usually, the people who get these at check-in are the people who cannot get Magic Bands shipped (o Canada!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter