• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checked Off Club 33 from my Bucket List

ludari

DIS Veteran
After several years of networking I finally received an invite to Club 33 on the 58th Anniversary of Disneyland's Opening Day (July 17, 2013). It was a Wednesday and I didn't have the day off from work but when I explained to my boss where I was going she agreed to let me take the day off. Lucky for me my boss is a local and grew up going to Disneyland just like me. My boss even asked if she could join me and I had to tell her sorry :confused3 but I didn't have the authority to invite anyone.

My original invitation to Club 33 was for dinner on July 17 but as a result of some private executive party in the club all dinner reservations where canceled so we did lunch instead. I don't remember too much about how the food tasted because I was so excited to finally be in Club 33. During our lunch my friend encouraged me to walk around and take as many pictures as I wanted which did without interrupting the other guest. We spent over two hours enjoying our lunch but towards the end of the meal my friend commented about feeling rushed. She said that dinner is much better and she usually spends four to five hours enjoying her meal. I told my friend that I felt so lucky to finally be inside the club and grateful for the invitation. She went on to tell me that she is going to try to get a reservations for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary and if I wanted to go and of course I said YES (duh)! She also mentioned that it's a possibility that she will be making a reservation for dinner in Club 33 before she leaves (she doesn't live in California) and asked if I wanted to go and again I said YES! Anyway, after lunch I purchased a few souvenirs on our way out. I asked if she wanted to walk around and enjoy the park and she calmly said "no thank you" so I thanked her again and gave her a big hug and walked away with the biggest smile on my face. If she calls or emails me with an invite that would be icing on the cake if not that's okay as well.

Club 33 Bucket List - Check!

IMG_6666_zps2b666c13.jpg

Sounds amazing :thumbsup2 It is on my bucket list too :) And my son's and he is only 9, we did the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour and saw inside. He was very insistent that one day he would eat there :)

Nice! You look so happy! Congrats on an amazing feat. I've been searching for an enormous amount of time and I've got my fingers crossed that one of these trips I'll make it in :)

My original invitation to Club 33 was for dinner on July 17 but as a result of some private executive party in the club all dinner reservations where canceled so we did lunch instead. I
I just wanted to clarify, it wasn't a private executive party, but a member only dinner celebrating Disneyland's 58th anniversary with Jack Lindquist as the guest of honor. Friends posted some wonderful pics.

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit! I love lunch at the Club.

Congratulations!!! I love to hear stories like yours and hope to one day check Club 33 off of my bucket list! Great photo, you look so happy!

When you have time, please add your other Club 33 photos and share with us which souvenirs you purchased. Those of us without a Club 33 contact want to live vicariously through your experience. What an amazing opportunity!

I'm so, so happy for you. It's a dream of DH's and mine to dine there someday and it makes me so happy to see other people's dream come true. I just love your picture :goodvibes

So glad you got to experience this awesome opportunity! That's part of the magic of it, getting that elusive invite. Looks like you had a smashing time.

Eating at Club 33 is a 100% must do for me if I ever get the chance! I'm a bit envious that you got the incredible opportunity to experience the magic there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter